Yellow | 241 Cincinnati x board call line warning,early am today

I caught more than a few not completely hooked in the ready line when I pre-tripped. The bending over exercise when I checked the jaws was good for my body too! That's how I kept that girlish figure Roady mentioned a few days ago! :smile:
Huba, huba, huba! :LMAO::LMAO:

Yeah,&it would not have anything to do with TIMING either right?and who said anything about a teamster doing it.could be disgruntled management for all I know.

Maybe the reason for the closing of 241 is because it has been to profitable for the Yellow management to deal with. Anyway what ever happens we all have to deal with issues good or bad for each of us no matter where we may be from. The last thing we as teamster brothers and sisters need is to keep harping on yellow-roadway issues. You would think after all this time this would be a dead issue but i guess some just can't move on.

I go as so far as to check when I'm on break. Before I get back into my tractor, I always check my 5th wheel. Hate to have to do it,But a long time driver got me into the habit!!!

In my earlier years, I have seen smashed wind shields, slashed tires, and cut air lines.

Not that I agree with such blatant vandalism, but I expect to hear this in the months to come.

My prior post enlightens us all to the future tornado.

My fellow Teamster Brother's, whom I have worked with, will be subjected to lay-off on May 14, after the current COOP.
They have suffered financially, just as I have!
They are descent, hard working productive employees! They deserve better! Seniority ALWAYS prevails, regardless!
I am sad and hope the current COOP allows the rest of us to WAKE UP!!!

:clap:
I caught more than a few not completely hooked in the ready line when I pre-tripped. The bending over exercise when I checked the jaws was good for my body too! That's how I kept that girlish figure Roady mentioned a few days ago! :smile:
That's what I'm talking about!!!!:clapping::smilie93C_peelout::hysterical:

I filed a grievance a couple years ago about these Holland 5th wheels & it went no where. If you go to the Holland 5th wheel website & pull up the adjustment directions, you will see where the problem is. It states that the adjustment bolt should NEVER be adjusted past the 3rd notch & if the adjustment bolt is in the 4th position, disconnects may happen. I've found numerous 5th wheel adjustments in the 4th position & refused to use that equipment, but that was only in terminals I hooked my set. It's fairly simple to check these adjustment bolts when the units aren't hooked, since this company doesn't like to keep our 5th wheels greased like before. I have come to the conclusion this company is all about moving freight at all cost, safely & legally doesn't matter anymore. We are no longer an asset to this company, we are only liabilities that can be replaced. Be safe everyone

the saftey guys are told its all ways the drivers fault according to there bosses but yes even safteyguys off therecord say they had some with issues but cinnc a rash of them isn't faulty havnt heard of the problem any more as much as a year ago

This company doesn't have a safety department

It helps to know what you are talking about and be specific about model numbers they are not all the same.
They may be owned by Holland now but started out as Simplex then ASF later Con-Met ASF 5th wheels
I can't recall any publication stating "in the 4th position, disconnects may happen". It's not recommended to and should not be adjust it past P III on the old style or P IV for the new but can still latch and lock especially on a used trailer pin(not that we have any new ones...) Past position III Old Style / IV New Style they get hard to hook to the point of having to slam the pin to get it to lock. With that said all the visual inspection methods still apply if the Release handle is fully retracted with lock indicator in down position above release handle and the lock is visually latched behind the pin then it's locked, If any of the previous conditions are not met then it's not locked and can fall off the back of the truck at any time no matter what position the adjustment is in.

New Style

5thwheeladj_zps5a7687b7.jpg

http://ww1.safholland.us/quicklit/XL-FW10017OM-en-US.pdf

Old style

5thwheeladjoldstyle_zps0b5dd147.jpg

http://ww1.safholland.us/quicklit/XL-FW460_en-US.pdf