ABF | 294 and 80

HalpinUout

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone know what happened to your driver on 80 and 294? His truck and first trailer looked like they were split in half by the light pole... Did he make it out alive?

a5bc56467356bcf448859ef95d194b08.jpg

I hope he survived unscathed. That looks ugly is that a set of doubles or triples? I haven't gotten out lately but I'm going to guess that it's somewhere around Chicagoland given the Route #294. I haven't heard anything yet but we never do on these things...except on here.

That's doubles for sure,NO triples in Illinois.
From what I understand,that's on the ramp from NB 294 to WB I-80. That's highspeed ramp. You should be able to run 50 mph on the ramp. Done it many times...

Thanks Mike. That's some torn up equipment there. It's good the hear there were no trips to the hospital after that wreck. It looks like two ABFs were involved in it.

Thanks Mike. That's some torn up equipment there. It's good the hear there were no trips to the hospital after that wreck. It looks like two ABFs were involved in it.
Thanks for the link Mike432. You can never be too careful out there. Even the safest drivers are at the wrong place at the wrong time sometimes. ABFer, I might be missing something, but I only see one ABF truck. The front box is so torn up it sorta looks like two.

Thanks for the link Mike432. You can never be too careful out there. Even the safest drivers are at the wrong place at the wrong time sometimes. ABFer, I might be missing something, but I only see one ABF truck. The front box is so torn up it sorta looks like two.
It's such a mangled mess it's tough to tell but if you look at the pics from different angles and compare you can see it in the pics from the article Mike432 posted. One unit is straight and against the Jersey Barrier and the other is jacked 90 degrees.

It's such a mangled mess it's tough to tell but if you look at the pics from different angles and compare you can see it in the pics from the article Mike432 posted. One unit is straight and against the Jersey Barrier and the other is jacked 90 degrees.
I think what you are seeing as the second tractor is actually the back of the front box and the gear. If you look closely you can see the door past the corner of the rear trailer. The front box came apart in such a way that it looks like two separate trailers. One reason I looked so closely was that I was thinking the safety department would have a field day with the driver that was running second, since it is company policy to have a 1/2 mile following distance between road units.

I think what you are seeing as the second tractor is actually the back of the front box and the gear. If you look closely you can see the door past the corner of the rear trailer. The front box came apart in such a way that it looks like two separate trailers. One reason I looked so closely was that I was thinking the safety department would have a field day with the driver that was running second, since it is company policy to have a 1/2 mile following distance between road units.
I theen you're right. All those wheels right next to each other makes it look like another tractor. And the rear trailer is still hooked to the converter.