ODFL | 2nd 1/4

in our wage meeting we were told that up til that point we had not really lost and revenue vs the first quarter and MAY numbers company wide was around 95-96 so they are still very high but on the profit side. with that said i could be way off and the numbers come in at 92 or below. OD seems to have a good group running the company and i have no doubt we show profit again.

in our wage meeting we were told that up til that point we had not really lost and revenue vs the first quarter and MAY numbers company wide was around 95-96 so they are still very high but on the profit side. with that said i could be way off and the numbers come in at 92 or below. OD seems to have a good group running the company and i have no doubt we show profit again.
I'd be disapointed(and suprised) if there wasnt some improvement in the numbers.Out here we've been back to working full weeks for a couple of months now,And OD's still trying to hold the line on rates,sometimes it seems like we're the only ones.Some of our competetors seem to think the way to to make unprofitable freight profitable is to haul more of it.

yeah haul more of it and for less to make the truck look full.we have been told this as well.

My guess is that OD will come in with an OR for the quarter at 95.5, which isn't real good, but way better than the first quarter than ALL of our competitors posted. I doubt any of them will make money the second quarter either.

First Quarter
YRC 115
Conway 106
Estes 101
ABF 104
Vitran 108
SAIA 99.9

OD 96.6

My guess is that OD will come in with an OR for the quarter at 95.5, which isn't real good, but way better than the first quarter than ALL of our competitors posted. I doubt any of them will make money the second quarter either.

First Quarter
YRC 115
Conway 106
Estes 101
ABF 104
Vitran 108
SAIA 99.9

OD 96.6
:busted_blue:Not real good for the 2nd quarter, add 10% more to them except OD.:eek:Now YRC is 1.38:boohoo:

I know at our terminal we have lost a few customers because of the other carriers cheaper rates. But i also know that we were the topic of conversation at alot of the other carriers meetings last QTR because of our profitability. We must be doing something right. We've had a few that left because of cost, but came back due to poor service by the competition. Keep your heads high.

I transferred from p&d recently and went wild line-haul, knowing it would be better in the long run but somewhat expecting a slight decrease on my paycheck in the beginning...well, I've been kept busy and haven't had a paycheck below what I was getting before yet.

That being said, I think things are picking up and our numbers should at least match 1Q, hopefully better.