ODFL | 2nd quarter numbers posted here

:grouphug:I've done it all too.I totally agree.The guy's on the dock to a hell of a job.But,the thing's I learn'd from the dock.I use everyday out "dock bumping'."city driver's" put our safety on the line everyday more than anyone else.Backing&going into place's that we should not even be in to service our customer's.Just remember 1 thing..This was told to me year's ago& I can say it is true because it happen'd to me..City Driver's are the last to go on the food chain.They will let a dock worker,linehaul driver go before a city driver.Hint!!!City driver's work freight&can run linehaul any day of the week..You ask a linehaul driver to do a day in the city&they are :crybaby: cause they just can't handle it..:hysterical:...:33:..I'm proud to be a "Dock Bumber" there "Steering Wheel Humper":nut_kick:...We good????..Wait jumping off my pedestal..That's a long way down!!!!:biggrin:
Easy cowboy!!! It was said in jest... hence the "lol" after!!! First part of my post is true. Second part is true. Third part is true most of the time. And NOBODY is more or less important then any other team member. You've been doing this longer then me I'm sure, but I have done all three phases of ltl. Dock, city, now line. And I'll tell you right now sir, dock workers put in more labor per hour then you and me combined. So get off your pedestal, take your blood pressure meds and be great full I drive in the snow at night thru blizzards while my family worries if I'm going to make it over Vail pass then Eisenhower pass or along I 80 with 60mph winds pulling empties because YOU city guys took a snow day. So from now on I wont get offended if you call me "steering wheel holder" if you can take being called a "dock bumper"!

We good?

That's what I love about the forum.We can disagree to agree.It's all in good taste&we all have fun doing it..We are all 1 big happy family.:ShakeHandsNah:...:grouphug:..

i hope your trying to be funny, where i came from we didn't get a raise or a ty for last 9 years. We(OD) got 1.7 cpm last year and that is big in any company. I keep smiling all the way to the bank ever since i joined the OD family
:stirthepot:Yes we did, that meeting we had, the VP said the new raise was to help paid for the new insurance for us. If was not for that, we would not got that (1.7 cpm) money last year. We will see what OD will do for all of us this year. Everybody is praying its a nice raise.

Keep in mind the extra expenses that have occur'd now&thru the year.New equipment,etc..Lucky if we get anything.They don't have to give us crap.But,they do...

That's what I love about the forum.We can disagree to agree.It's all in good taste&we all have fun doing it..We are all 1 big happy family.:ShakeHandsNah:...:grouphug:..

Yeah, but if you get a line driver going you just helped out with safety because they'll be fuming wide awake all night on the phone talking to anyone and anything on the other end of that cb mic com'on??

Truck doesn't stop for nap, driver makes it to terminal on time. It's a winning situation.

Keep in mind the extra expenses that have occur'd now&thru the year.New equipment,etc..Lucky if we get anything.They don't have to give us crap.But,they do...

Yes there have been more expenses, but through all that we are experiencing historic profit margins. You're right, they don't have to give us anything. But they definitely should.

:grouphug:I've done it all too.I totally agree.The guy's on the dock to a hell of a job.But,the thing's I learn'd from the dock.I use everyday out "dock bumping'."city driver's" put our safety on the line everyday more than anyone else.Backing&going into place's that we should not even be in to service our customer's.Just remember 1 thing..This was told to me year's ago& I can say it is true because it happen'd to me..City Driver's are the last to go on the food chain.They will let a dock worker,linehaul driver go before a city driver.Hint!!!City driver's work freight&can run linehaul any day of the week..You ask a linehaul driver to do a day in the city&they are :crybaby: cause they just can't handle it..:hysterical:...:33:..I'm proud to be a "Dock Bumber" there "Steering Wheel Humper":nut_kick:...We good????..Wait jumping off my pedestal..That's a long way down!!!!:biggrin:

I'm good with you Kenny. But my real beef is with Billy Lo. He always starts this commotion then runs and hides. Never giving a good reason why I should not benefit from the company having success. I've always stated you guys should get paid better. Be it hourly or overtime. But for some reason he doesn't believe we should also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but if you get a line driver going you just helped out with safety because they'll be fuming wide awake all night on the phone talking to anyone and anything on the other end of that cb mic com'on??

Truck doesn't stop for nap, driver makes it to terminal on time. It's a winning situation.

I'll bet all our naps don't add up to the time lost for smoke breaks or looking up an address on your Garmin.:burnsauce: :busted: :mf_swordfight:Lets dance Billy Lo!!!

:1036316054:...
I'm good with you Kenny. But my real beef is with Billy Lo. He always starts this commotion then runs and hides. Never giving a good reason why I should not benefit from the company having success. I've always stated you guys should get paid better. Be it hourly or overtime. But for some reason he doesn't believe we should also.

Boy'o Boy don't even get me start'd there steering wheel holder.So you think that all it is bump a dock&wait for a forklift.:wtflol:..You got alot coming to you for sure...Woo,back a straight line there to hook trailer's..That's a job..lol.No need to get my blood pressure up here..I will let other city driver's takecare of this one..Except 1 thing I will say.If it wasn't for us picking up the freight&doing what we do.You would be sitting at the house.We are more than a driver.We are the 1st person our customer's see everyday.We are more important than anyone elses job.I will leave it like that.:couch:

I am in the West, come out here and run for a month in the winter, then let me know what you think. I ran city for years and I know it is more than just hitting a dock.:stirthepot:

I just get busy, sorry I don't have enough time for you. **HUGS & KISSES**

I just get busy, sorry I don't have enough time for you. **HUGS & KISSES**

Oh come on... the Garmin shot was funny. When you can take as well as you give I'll respect you. Until then don't go away mad... Just go away!!!

Oh come on... the Garmin shot was funny. When you can take as well as you give I'll respect you. Until then don't go away mad... Just go away!!!

Ok, hope someday to earn the respect of a new hire.