FedEx Freight | 3 day and beyond

chitownpeddler

TB Veteran
Credits
I was talking to a national driver friday and he said they are being told they are taking all of FXF 3 day and beyond freight. He said it starts some time in july and they are supposed to have all of it by the 1st of the year. This is the first I heard of this. I was just curious if anyone else has heard this

I was talking to a national driver friday and he said they are being told they are taking all of FXF 3 day and beyond freight. He said it starts some time in july and they are supposed to have all of it by the 1st of the year. This is the first I heard of this. I was just curious if anyone else has heard this
they will be taking most not all.we will still do longhaul like east coast to west but we will charge much more and get it there faster than national.national will be cheaper and take longer for example if we do coast to coast for 1000 dollars in 3 to 5 days fxnl will do it 5 to 8 days for 700 dollars.
that is how this was explained at our center anyway.

they will be taking most not all.we will still do longhaul like east coast to west but we will charge much more and get it there faster than national.national will be cheaper and take longer for example if we do coast to coast for 1000 dollars in 3 to 5 days fxnl will do it 5 to 8 days for 700 dollars.

14wheeler :1036316054:

You write a lot better in the morning after you get up.
That is about the same way I would have answered the question.
If we lose the long haul stuff I'll be out of a job and may have to do real work.

:hysterical:

Really haven't heard anything but I would think it would be the way 14wheeler explains it. Can't charge for two seperate services and use one system.

Really haven't heard anything but I would think it would be the way 14wheeler explains it. Can't charge for two seperate services and use one system.

FredEx :1036316054:

How about a hybrid system???
We can use FXNL for doing the linehaul work that East can't handle and that way West can have more work.

:smilie_132:

We can use FXNL for doing the linehaul work that East can't handle and that way West can have more work.

Why have two systems? Having two systems would be the same as inner-lining freight. Everybody knows what happens there. Freight gets lost. Damaged. Bills are screwed up. If there's a problem, which system is responsible? Which system will handle the claim? We're already half way doing that. We handle three to four pups of national freight now. All kinds of little wrinkles in the system. I've had several collect National bills. It's never right. Customer is called with amount to have ready but when I show up there's a different amount on freight bill.

One company. Have two rate systems but handle the freight seperatly. If customer has three or four day shipment and goes for cheaper rate, the bill is tagged as such.
When it hits the outbound dock, instead of rushing it onto next trailer out to get it down the road at a designated time, put it on a seperate trailer set up to leave when full. Not at a certain time. That trailer will move two to three days before being reopened.
Freight would be handled fewer times. Less chance for damages and losses. Less paperwork.
FedEx is going to make it so confusing with two companies the employees won't know what's going on half the time. We're going to have more people in offices creating paperwork than drivers actually moving the freight.

we were also told that we were going to do away with purchase loads and let fxnl take them.

we were also told that we were going to do away with purchase loads and let fxnl take them.

14wheeler :1036316054:

Great post.!!!!!
That's what I'm talking about.
That is the least that FXNL could do is replace the purchased transportation. I think that the sleeper teams would work just as well as the purchased transportation.
Then the solo FXNL drivers could do the relay linehaul work in the East region, because East only does hub and spoke runs 5 days a week, and no linehaul work 7 days a week.
West can just pull FXNL trailers, especially in the triples lanes. It seems kind of silly to have FXNL overlap the FXF West lanes. I don't think FXNL has the density to overlap and to keep their empty miles to less than 10%.

I wish it would quit raining in Pocono, so we can get the show going.

We handle three to four pups of national freight now. All kinds of little wrinkles in the system. I've had several collect National bills. It's never right. Customer is called with amount to have ready but when I show up there's a different amount on freight bill.

FedEx is going to make it so confusing with two companies the employees won't know what's going on half the time. We're going to have more people in offices creating paperwork than drivers actually moving the freight.

Keep in mind that it hasn't even been a year since the merger was completed. The FXNL system is still in the process of being re-engineered. As time goes on the two companies (Freight and National) will be optimized. But they will remain separate.

It will take time but it will all come together. And then we will steadily start taking more freight away from the other guys.

Why have two systems? Having two systems would be the same as inner-lining freight. Everybody knows what happens there. Freight gets lost. Damaged. Bills are screwed up. If there's a problem, which system is responsible? Which system will handle the claim?

Sheesh . . . where have you been? We have been operating two systems for quite a while now. FXFE & FXFW. And yes we still have our problems. But it works out in the end.

I would much rather pay FXFNL to haul the freight that to give it to CFI, US EXPRESS or any number of other outside contractors. At least we'll be paying ourselves!

:USA:

WHAT.... we have been told that the west can't handle more freight and (they) will not push sales going out west from our center....have I been strolling down a path of blind faith again?????????what do I need to know for anyway....I'm just a truck driver

Yes,but at least we can call each others customers.If you have os&d for fxnl you cannot call the shipper,you call fxnl and they call the shipper.The problem we have is there os&d is part time goes home everyday at 1 o'clock.

purple rumors

Mgmt. at national has constantly been telling us we are getting your longhaul since november of 06. That is Mgmt. response to the national employees who can not get in a full week and pulling around a trailer that only makes 8 stops a day instead of 20 like it was before FX. I ask,"why is FXF going to give us their business? So their drivers and dock workers have less work to do and lower production numbers to post?" They tell me the guys at the top know what they are doing and everything FX touches " turns to gold" Keep quite and be part of the team and not a trouble maker. I just keep asking, "why would FXF take business, and work, and revenue, from themselves and send it to us at National " FXF has absorbed alot of our business such as regional 1 and 2 day and interline. At FXN we have raised our rates, cut our service options for customers i.e. Regional one and two day, and stripped some terminals and told the employees to move or quit. We have always been told we are getting your longhaul and the freight volume will be so immense that it will all be falling off the dock any day now due to your longhaul getting shifted to FXN. It has not happened and my guess it will never happen. We will go get our own longhaul or we will get no longhaul.

Mgmt. at national has constantly been telling us we are getting your longhaul since november of 06. That is Mgmt. response to the national employees who can not get in a full week and pulling around a trailer that only makes 8 stops a day instead of 20 like it was before FX. I ask,"why is FXF going to give us their business? So their drivers and dock workers have less work to do and lower production numbers to post?" They tell me the guys at the top know what they are doing and everything FX touches " turns to gold" Keep quite and be part of the team and not a trouble maker. I just keep asking, "why would FXF take business, and work, and revenue, from themselves and send it to us at National " FXF has absorbed alot of our business such as regional 1 and 2 day and interline. At FXN we have raised our rates, cut our service options for customers i.e. Regional one and two day, and stripped some terminals and told the employees to move or quit. We have always been told we are getting your longhaul and the freight volume will be so immense that it will all be falling off the dock any day now due to your longhaul getting shifted to FXN. It has not happened and my guess it will never happen. We will go get our own longhaul or we will get no longhaul.

Im not sure driver but, I would think that they have contractes with the purchased trans. and they have to expire. Also, they have to set up the computer systems with fxnl to link with fxf. We went trough this when we went from viking to fxfw and when AF went to fxfe. then they had to make both companys one on the cumputers. Im just a driver here in the west and I have no insider info, but maybe this is what is happening.:smilie_132: :1036316054:

It's pretty easy to figure out guys .
Like CFer said we are profit driven .

The way i understand it is we will be hauling from coast to coast with the teams for example from San Berdo to Atl, Harrisburg Char, Orland, Memphis,few others and bring freight back from those regions for the LA area. The shuttles will do the shorter stuff , Like SB to Sac, bay area. they will be bringing the stuff from say atl to the bay area,then u got relays from den to slc or slc to mt home to sea or port, since no teams doing den that i know of, the relays will take care of that. etc. As far as all the frieght from FXW or FXE going over to FXN I dont think so. Its up to the customer how he wants it shipped. I think we will see the teams getting the stuff from coast to coast in real good time. The freight wont change from FXW or FXE to FXN or visa versa until the sale staff are assigned their new sales areas which still hasnt happened.

The freight wont change from FXW or FXE to FXN or visa versa until the sale staff are assigned their new sales areas which still hasnt happened.

We were told as of june 1st all the sales people will be selling all fed ex services. They say it will get real busy from day one, lets hope so , slow as can be around here.:hide: