FedEx Freight | 3 day and beyond

The way i understand it is we will be hauling from coast to coast with the teams for example from San Berdo to Atl, Harrisburg Char, Orland, Memphis,few others and bring freight back from those regions for the LA area. The shuttles will do the shorter stuff , Like SB to Sac, bay area. they will be bringing the stuff from say atl to the bay area,then u got relays from den to slc or slc to mt home to sea or port, since no teams doing den that i know of, the relays will take care of that. etc. As far as all the frieght from FXW or FXE going over to FXN I dont think so. Its up to the customer how he wants it shipped. I think we will see the teams getting the stuff from coast to coast in real good time. The freight wont change from FXW or FXE to FXN or visa versa until the sale staff are assigned their new sales areas which still hasnt happened.

Sales staff has been realigned. We haven't seen any sort of increase yet and I doubt were going to see any anytime soon. We recently lost our sales rep who handles the Williamsport, Pa area and we aren't replacing him. Now the lone sales rep up there is the FXF guy. Does anyone honestly think he is going to push freight onto FNL's trucks? He'll gather up the few accounts we have up that way and soon enough the drivers that run that area for us will probably be offered positions with FXF because their isn't enough work for the FNL guy to drive all the way up to that area out of HBG.

Finally starting to get an idea of the schedules we'll be working in HBG come July 23rd. There isn't a happy camper (supervisors or dockworkers) left in the place.

I did a charity function with some FEX people and met one of the FXN/Watkins salemen. He is very upset about how the sales dept is being handled. He gets a base salary and commission. He has earned very little commission since Sept. Why? because FED is slow in combining the two (FXF and FXN) sales forces together. The watkins sale staff had to learn a whole differnent terminalogy that FXF uses when watkins got bought out. Each salesman will be assigned a sales area and that will be their territory to work. That is suppose to start happening this week. They will also begin training on selling the FXF side of the company. So for the last few months the salesman has had no information, no sales brocures, or any other sales tools to do his job. All he has been able to do is sell the National side of it. So that means that this team work sales department is still a couple of months away from being a power machine. For example the FXF salesman that had some accounts in the new salemans new area will have to go to the customer and introduce to that customers his new rep. This will take time to do that. In the end it will be great because each saleman will have his slice of pie to work and get to know every business in his area and can concentrate on getting that business. He asked why has it taken so long to get this business part going. Only thing i could think of is the company had to get the line haul deptment set up to handle the freight lanes before we start the big push for freight. And of course the economy sucks too. He did say and we all know that the other companies are hurting along with us. Also said when ups is giving out rates so low 75-80% discounts thats hard to deal with too. I figured they (ups) will take the hit to get the business and then slowly bring the rates up. After talking to him I dont see alot of things happening in the next few months as far as more frieght unless some of these out side carriers contracts are up and they move the freight back to company hauling.

What exactly is a purchase load? Is this like a backhaul move or a dedicated pup for 1 shipment?

purchase loads are loads that come from inbalanced lanes we get a purchase load witch is our ltl freight loaded on an outside carrier like barrnun and he comes from a hub up north because we don't have enough freight going up or we would be running alot of emptys.i would sasy there is about 2 pup loads on that trailer maybe more you should see the way they load some of those it looks like they just shot the freight in there with a cannon and used the back of the fork lift to make it all fit

purchase loads are loads that come from inbalanced lanes we get a purchase load witch is our ltl freight loaded on an outside carrier like barrnun and he comes from a hub up north because we don't have enough freight going up or we would be running alot of emptys.i would sasy there is about 2 pup loads on that trailer maybe more you should see the way they load some of those it looks like they just shot the freight in there with a cannon and used the back of the fork lift to make it all fit
hey now, I resemble that remark SLC, STX, DAL and VLD hate me

:hide:

friend lost his id card in his regular load trailer and it came back smelling like ****:biglaugh:

Back haul answer!

friend lost his id card in his regular load trailer and it came back smelling like ****:biglaugh:[/QUOTE]

If our purchase transportation is back hauling illegal aliens.... That would explain the smell.
HEY Maybe thats the answer for imbalanced lanes when FXNL starts hauling our longhaul!
Si!? :hysterical:

WHAT.... we have been told that the west can't handle more freight and (they) will not push sales going out west from our center....have I been strolling down a path of blind faith again?????????what do I need to know for anyway....I'm just a truck driver

I am certainly glad that I wasn't drinking a beer while reading this. Hate wasting good beer by spitting it all over the screen. The west can handle more freight. All of our drivers might even get full days of work if we had more freight. The problem is that the freight needs to be within our system, not outside coming in as we don't have enough eastbound freight to match up against westbound freight. That is why we are giving the westbound freight from the gateways to purchase transportation. They will not run mts east to match up against loads west when gyppo johnny trucking is available/

If our purchase transportation is back hauling illegal aliens.... That would explain the smell.
HEY Maybe thats the answer for imbalanced lanes when FXNL starts hauling our longhaul!
Si!? :hysterical:
comment I heard about the new sac terminal (right on the deepwater channel)

Hey we can make our own port and unload ships directly. Wheat, computers, illegal alliens whatever. slap a pro number on em and load them up:hide:

Ahh subhaulers. We load a bunch of them out of HBG each week. The northeast is so inbound heavy it's not even funny. Were loading sunhauls to Colorado, Minnesota and occasionally California and Texas. We must receive about 15 subhauls into a day from all over the country.

I am certainly glad that I wasn't drinking a beer while reading this. Hate wasting good beer by spitting it all over the screen. The west can handle more freight. All of our drivers might even get full days of work if we had more freight. The problem is that the freight needs to be within our system, not outside coming in as we don't have enough eastbound freight to match up against westbound freight. That is why we are giving the westbound freight from the gateways to purchase transportation. They will not run mts east to match up against loads west when gyppo johnny trucking is available/

hairbear :1036316054:

We just had Scott C. and Andy K. come by the other day for a visit and talked about the Purchased Transportation. They said that this year PT is way less than prior years, and the big culprit is the soft economy. They also said that they don't remember it being this slow for this time of year in a very long time. It is slow for all the carriers, but we are still gaining new accounts and lose a few that want cheaper freight rates. So now that we have FXNL we should be able to keep those customers that want to spend less and don't mind a little longer transit time. They also said that because FXFE only works 5 days a week we can't handle more eastbound freight ourselves and have to use all that PT to move the freight west. They hoped that someday East would be able to run relays for the long haul stuff.
:smilie_132:

i would sasy there is about 2 pup loads on that trailer maybe more you should see the way they load some of those it looks like they just shot the freight in there with a cannon and used the back of the fork lift to make it all fit

You know, this is the kind of thing that really pisses me off. Why are there no controls put in place to prevent such nonsense?

The other day, I caught some idiot on the dock sticking his forks through the bottom of a plasma TV box the other day. I confronted him about it and he said "What do you care?" I asked him "Would you spend $2,500 on that TV?" He said "hell no." I said "well, when I show to the consignee with that TV, he's gonna write that it was damaged on the BOL (that is IF he accepts it) and the shipper is gonna see that and say "hmmmm...why am I shipping with these guys when there's like 20 other LTL carriers all hurting for freight out there?"

This same moron was in the driver's meeting wondering where all the freight was and why nobody was shipping with us? :chairshot: :chairshot:

I break inbound pups with no dunnage, no racks, and half the freight looks like it was flipped over 8 ways from Sunday. An 800 lbs coil sitting atop a 200 lbs pallet?!?! WTF?!?!

This business is getting far too competitive to let this go on. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION = JOB SECURITY (oh yeah, and the price has gotta be right, too!) :biglaugh:

You know, this is the kind of thing that really pisses me off. Why are there no controls put in place to prevent such nonsense?

The other day, I caught some idiot on the dock sticking his forks through the bottom of a plasma TV box the other day. I confronted him about it and he said "What do you care?" I asked him "Would you spend $2,500 on that TV?" He said "hell no." I said "well, when I show to the consignee with that TV, he's gonna write that it was damaged on the BOL (that is IF he accepts it) and the shipper is gonna see that and say "hmmmm...why am I shipping with these guys when there's like 20 other LTL carriers all hurting for freight out there?"

This same moron was in the driver's meeting wondering where all the freight was and why nobody was shipping with us? :chairshot:

I break inbound pups with no dunnage, no racks, and half the freight looks like it was flipped over 8 ways from Sunday. An 800 lbs coil sitting atop a 200 lbs pallet?!?! WTF?!?!

This business is getting far too competitive to let this go on. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION = JOB SECURITY (oh yeah, and the price has gotta be right, too!) :biglaugh:

Gold Chains :1036316054:

It is good to see that at least YOU care about our customers.
Every terminal manager should print your post and frame it on the bulletin boards in the brake rooms.
:smilie_132:

I new a guy that used to smash and puncture freight on purpose if a manger pissed him off or a new rule was implemented he didnt like. He would seek out the most valuable freight in the barn and drive a fork blade full speed right through the center. I complained about this guy for 2 yrs before anything was done about him. He was eventually fired but not soon enough. It's always wise to watch people on the dock because you never know what they'll do.

they will be taking most not all.we will still do longhaul like east coast to west but we will charge much more and get it there faster than national.national will be cheaper and take longer for example if we do coast to coast for 1000 dollars in 3 to 5 days fxnl will do it 5 to 8 days for 700 dollars.
that is how this was explained at our center anyway.

WHAT! WHAT!Faster than National. Can frieght move a load from Char. to Sacramento in 48 hrs 30 min.

This same moron was in the driver's meeting wondering where all the freight was and why nobody was shipping with us? :chairshot: :chairshot:

We have a dock worker in CGT that works the TOL lane and he prides himself on packing trailers with no decking and at the end of the night he will take 13 skids and make them fit in spot that is for 5 skids so you know what the trailer looks like when he is done and you comment on this to the supervisor and his response is I could use more of him

Get your head out of your ...

And what does he cost us in damages ?
Another CCM that should be working at NASA.

And what does he cost us in damages ?
Another CCM that should be working at NASA.

damages seem to not be a red shirt problem so long as the freight is off the dock no matter what.sideways skids broken skids just shove it in the city trailers the driver will figure it out.