3 day's off for local drivers

localdriver

TB Regular
Credits
Last week one of J1's longtime local's was given 3 days off for a altercation with a newbie, the senior driver confronted the newly hired about the condition his truck was being left in when used at night, and was told to find another truck to take, thus the argument began, The newbie complained to management and claimed the senior driver also pulled a knife??????? I don't think so!!! both were given three day's off. These newbies come in durring the afternoon and wait for the newer trucks to take at night to do there drop and hooks, and often are not back in time for the drivers thats these trucks are issued too, so they can do thier run. We still have plenty of ford's to do drop and hook's..........

See this is whats happening when nobody cares. Then they want to have a good attitude. I doubt the senior driver pulled a knife out he would not be that stupid to lose his job over a newbie. I know of one guy at j1 who got pulled in for a newbie that said he used a racial slang word so a few days later a senior instructure had a run in with the same guy and made another senior inst. stay by his side when approached about not having the correct placards on the trl. all i can say is that this place has gone to hell

I run a relay out of j1 at 11pm get back in about noon or 1pm just in time for the afternoon switches. About two weeks ago i forgot to take my bluetooth out of the truck, needless to say when i got in that night somebody was out in my truck. I got assigned another truck and when i got back in the next day whoever had my truck had used my bluetooth, even going to the point of programing it for his phone, thats pretty disgusting, and when i get my hands on him i think i will be getting a couple of days off too! I know its not my truck, its jevic's, but if your gonna use it show a little respect, leave it the way you found it and keep your scummy hands off my s**t!!!!!!!!!!

What's this I hear about someone going around and doing inventory on jevic"s stuff? They were at j1 last week Then going on to other terms. They were talking about it at the check in window last night.Guys on the dock an at the shop said they were from a co. called JEFFERYS HELOOO HAREY

Sun Capital was in the yard just recently checking the equipment,, I asked the shop supervisor he said they do that yearly now to check on the equipment. I aslo asked are girl in the office who issues the trucks, she confirmend the shop forman's awnser and said not to stress!!!!!

Sun Capital was in the yard just recently checking the equipment,, I asked the shop supervisor he said they do that yearly now to check on the equipment. I aslo asked are girl in the office who issues the trucks, she confirmend the shop forman's awnser and said not to stress!!!!!

Yup they were here. We reviewed our 3rd qtr results and set forth the gameplan for 2008. We're gonna need everyone on board becuase my $ says that the economy's not getting better till there's a new prez in the white house next year.

We're all good though, they believe in us, they believe in the Jevic brand. We just neeed to believe also.

With all our warts, there's still no place I'd rather work.

Whatever happened to the days of a new guy acting right, at least for a few months, then start acting like you run the place, now days, even on a web site newbies act like they have been there 6 years, its like they don't even want to make friends, they want everything that the most senior guy has and they want it now.

Gt that si America for ya.We got a guy at the bottom of our board who thinks if they do not give him gravy he is being picked on.But this guy is NOT Afraid To Take One In The Jaw.So I guess he thinks he earned it thru suction not seniority...hmmmm I guess even the union cannot regulate oral favors amongst members..

Gt that si America for ya.We got a guy at the bottom of our board who thinks if they do not give him gravy he is being picked on.But this guy is NOT Afraid To Take One In The Jaw.So I guess he thinks he earned it thru suction not seniority...hmmmm I guess even the union cannot regulate oral favors amongst members..

It seems its become that way everywhere, we have our share, I just remember when I first came to Tankersley, I kept my mouth shut, listened to other guys, and DID NOT complain, about anything, I am not sure but I think some of the oldtimers saw that and I might have gained a little respect for my actions.

Man - where do you work?

Im fairly new here - - and don't get on here to often...why? becuase some of you guys just don't seem happy unless ur complaining - u go home with that attitude to? Life must be miserable.

Me? I take teh work given to me - it isnt always great - but its work. I like the poeple i meet here and on the road. I respect other guys equipment like I'd like them to respect mine

and what kind of driver is gabydad - is he in marketing and sales?!?:mfight:

Im fairly new here - - and don't get on here to often...why? becuase some of you guys just don't seem happy unless ur complaining - u go home with that attitude to? Life must be miserable.

Me? I take teh work given to me - it isnt always great - but its work. I like the poeple i meet here and on the road. I respect other guys equipment like I'd like them to respect mine

and what kind of driver is gabydad - is he in marketing and sales?!?:mfight:

I'm a sales guy.:smilie_132:

NOW I get it....

...so ur like the referee between operations and drivers on this board. Where's ur territory - I'll let u buy me lunch one day. I here all sales guys have to ride with thier driver.....:bowdown: