Yellow | 3 DUI's - APPLY HERE

Havoc

It's better to burn out than to fade away
Credits
We have a city driver who was arrested for his Third DUI. He has lost his CDL and can no longer drive, except to work. The contract states that if an employee has their license suspended or revoked for such a reason he can have a leave of absence without loss of seniority for up to 3 years. The employee can also be given work opportunities ahead of casuals to preform non-CDL required job functions. Since they have been unable to hire anyone to fill our open bid created by this employee's DUI arrest, they are using him to fill a CDL required job on the midnight shift. He is called in every night to fill the CDL required job, but he can't bid it. He is hosteling on our yard but is not forced out on the street. This is a small terminal and everyone that was on this bid in the past was always forced in the city for a couple of hours because some nights the bid starts at 2 a.m. Every bid job we have here requires a CDL, there is not any job here that you can do without a CDL. Just curious if anyone else has seen such an action at their terminal and based on the contract if you think this should be allowable.

We have a city driver who was arrested for his Third DUI. He has lost his CDL and can no longer drive, except to work. The contract states that if an employee has their license suspended or revoked for such a reason he can have a leave of absence without loss of seniority for up to 3 years. The employee can also be given work opportunities ahead of casuals to preform non-CDL required job functions. Since they have been unable to hire anyone to fill our open bid created by this employee's DUI arrest, they are using him to fill a CDL required job on the midnight shift. He is called in every night to fill the CDL required job, but he can't bid it. He is hosteling on our yard but is not forced out on the street. This is a small terminal and everyone that was on this bid in the past was always forced in the city for a couple of hours because some nights the bid starts at 2 a.m. Every bid job we have here requires a CDL, there is not any job here that you can do without a CDL. Just curious if anyone else has seen such an action at their terminal and based on the contract if you think this should be allowable.

In NJ, 3rd DUI within 10 years of 2nd gets you loss of license for 10 years.

Couple of us lost our cdl's years ago. I used to be able to hostle . But when they joined forces I was forced to dock only .
There you go. No cdl . No drivy any company equipment .

Couple of us lost our cdl's years ago. I used to be able to hostle . But when they joined forces I was forced to dock only .
There you go. No cdl . No drivy any company equipment .
We had one man lose his DOT card for awhile until he got his meds straightened out. He had to give up his bid ,but was allowed to work on the dock on evening shift with no seniority until he got his DOT back, but he was never allowed to drive anything.

If he has lost his CDL, how can he drive to work? Obviously there must be some pending court dates,or he has not actually been convicted for all 3 DUI's.... if it is anything like some of the things that go on here in Illinois, then this may go on for a while...

If he has lost his CDL, how can he drive to work? Obviously there must be some pending court dates,or he has not actually been convicted for all 3 DUI's.... if it is anything like some of the things that go on here in Illinois, then this may go on for a while...
I don't understand that myself.
I still had a license but just class A. I could still drive a car. I don't even see how he has a job? Like you said. May be court dates and not convicted of the third one yet.
RDWY let us ex drivers hostle.
I guess yellow was different .
Rdwy saw it as keeping a cdl driver on a regular driving bid by doing this. But of course senority was used and after about six years if hostling I was bumped. Even if I could I wouldn't want to do it on the crappy yard they have. Short wheel base and potholes don go together. Bad for the back! Lol. And I certainly am not getting younger.

He can drive back and forth to work with a restricted drivers license.

He can drive to work and home. On his second DUI I heard a lawyer was able to help him on the third the lawyer said he couldn't help.

Maybe he is walking . :kicking:

Look for the Uber driver. Or catch him driving to work & rat him out. Yea, that is what I said. Rat his a** out. Now why would I do that. I am working a dock bid with him. If he is still drinking, there is a good chance he will run me over & kill me or injure me to where I can't work any more & cause me pain for the rest of my life. I know I don't want to work with someone like that. Do you.? If he is still driving without a license, he has no insurance. If he hits you, his insurance (if he has any) is void because he had no license. You have to sue your own insurance carrier to get any kind of a reasonable settlement. Good luck with that one. A few years ago the county attorney ran a sting where a driver had his license suspended in court. They followed the driver to see if they got in to a car & drove. 67% in one day of the sting was re-arrested & jailed for driving on a suspended license. All the more reason to rat out a drunk who refuses to obey the law. Get em off the street. von.

Look for the Uber driver. Or catch him driving to work & rat him out. Yea, that is what I said. Rat his a** out. Now why would I do that. I am working a dock bid with him. If he is still drinking, there is a good chance he will run me over & kill me or injure me to where I can't work any more & cause me pain for the rest of my life. I know I don't want to work with someone like that. Do you.? If he is still driving without a license, he has no insurance. If he hits you, his insurance (if he has any) is void because he had no license. You have to sue your own insurance carrier to get any kind of a reasonable settlement. Good luck with that one. A few years ago the county attorney ran a sting where a driver had his license suspended in court. They followed the driver to see if they got in to a car & drove. 67% in one day of the sting was re-arrested & jailed for driving on a suspended license. All the more reason to rat out a drunk who refuses to obey the law. Get em off the street. von.
We had one at ABQ who lost his license and was allowed to work the midnight dock. Some nights his girlfriend would drop him off, and some nights we would see him drive his car to work. What became of this I don't know. I chose retirement after the merger.

This stare requires a breath analyzer device installed on the vehicle after a DWI conviction. The driver is allowed to drive to work & return home. A ruling years ago says the state cannot interfere with one's livelihood which means he can drive to a job if he/she follows court instructions. I have heard of some disabling the breath analyzer or attempting to do so.
A good/crooked attorney can do a lot for a drunk driver. I know a man who was severely injured while driving a church van when hit by a drunk driver. His daughter & several children were also injured. The friend who was a truck mechanic will probably not be able to hold the job again. The drunk had political connections & got the DWI dismissed. The friend wasn't notified about it till the charges were dropped. If anybody is a victim of a drunk driver call Mothers Against Drunk Driving immediately. They will track the court proceedings & have helped get convictions of drunks. Nobody should suffer because of the actions of others.
I have seen enough people suffer and/or die because of drunk/impaired driving that I have no compassion for a drunk. Another friend, a school teacher with a family recently was permanently injured by an impaired driver. The low life that hit her should serve a lot of time & work off fines & expenses. Accidents like this cost all of us with increased insurance premiums.

Last edited:
This stare requires a breath analyzer device installed on the vehicle after a DWI conviction. The driver is allowed to drive to work & return home. A ruling years ago says the state cannot interfere with one's livelihood which means he can drive to a job if he/she follows court instructions. I have heard of some disabling the breath analyzer or attempting to do so.
A good/crooked attorney can do a lot for a drunk driver. I know a man who was severely injured while driving a church van when hit by a drunk driver. His daughter & several children were also injured. The friend who was a truck mechanic will probably not be able to hold the job again. The drunk had political connections & got the DWI dismissed. The friend wasn't notified about it till the charges were dropped. If anybody is a victim of a drunk driver call Mothers Against Drunk Driving immediately. They will track the court proceedings & have helped get convictions of drunks. Nobody should suffer because of the actions of others.
I have seen enough people suffer and/or die because of drunk/impaired driving that I have no compassion for a drunk. Another friend, a school teacher with a family recently was permanently injured by an impaired driver. The low life that hit her should serve a lot of time & work off fines & expenses. Accidents like this cost all of us with increased insurance premiums.
I don't know about all states laws on this. All I do know is there are places I go to deliver and see people who either ride bikes to work, or get a ride from someone. My daughters boyfriend lost his license for dui related charges and had to ride with fellow employees for almost 5 years before he could get a permit to drive just to work here in Illinois. I still say once the court dates, and convictions are final, is when you will find out if the court will give you the work permit or you find a way to get to work other than your own car. I will say in Illinois, I have seen many incidents where the courts take a long time to finally take a drunks license,and all mostly because they hired a lawyer whites people off,or the charges reduced to something else to save their sorry ass....

We are a "Bottom Feeder company" now ,so they know to hang to who ever they can and will hire anybody , because when you are the lowest paid LTL company this is the type of workers you have , as the saying goes "you get what you pay for ", and we even have 2 Driver's with felony records so we can't put military base's or prison's stops on them , as they are not allowed to go in them with a felony record , kinda sad what this company has become ................. R.I.P. , old yellow

Be happy they're letting him do that because they just started a new past practice. If they let him do it, they have to let everyone. You never know when that might come in handy.

Be happy they're letting him do that because they just started a new past practice. If they let him do it, they have to let everyone. You never know when that might come in handy.

Your right past practice has now been set, he's a good person and good to work with, but his judgment is bad and thankfully he didn't hurt anyone. We had a similar incident a while back and the contract was followed properly, I'm not sure that it is in this case.