FedEx Freight | 3 fed ex trucks crashed last night

J

junglejim

one on 80-94 ran over a van, one at mile sticker 222 on 65 in indiana, and one on 74 in indiana, i dont know for sure if it was freight, but i do know the one on 74 was, slow down boys its slick

one on 80-94 ran over a van, one at mile sticker 222 on 65 in indiana, and one on 74 in indiana, i dont know for sure if it was freight, but i do know the one on 74 was, slow down boys its slick

East or west of Indy on I-74?

driver impute????????????

Hmmmm lets see here. I ran into cgt last night with 5000#s and an mty. The roads across Mi and In where very slippery and windy.After almost losing it a couple of times on the way in when I got there I ask if I could single home.Now mind you in the last 6yrs running into cgt I think I singled maybe 2 or 3 times due to weather. So Anthony the ops mgr calls central they say they haven't heard of any bad weather.Wow that must be nice sitting in the basement in Harrison.I had 6700#s coming back and I was told to pull an mty. The hills where so slick I had to run the shoulder to try to get traction to get up the hills.
Is this safety first????????
Some of you may take this as whining but its the point. Why ask for driver impute if it doesn't matter.

Now I see this post and wonder what they where thinking in central.:nutkick:

Oh I forgot to mention all the FedEx ground that run opposite of me where singled out back to Chicago. Except the one that crashed at the In-IL line he had a set.

that person in central that Anthony deals with in central on our shift is an idiot he has no clue about safety or how to drive a truck he is just clueless if he doesn't come up with the idea it is not a good idea BTW I tripled home today so I feel your pin :chairshot:
Hmmmm lets see here. I ran into cgt last night with 5000#s and an mty. The roads across Mi and In where very slippery and windy.After almost losing it a couple of times on the way in when I got there I ask if I could single home.Now mind you in the last 6yrs running into cgt I think I singled maybe 2 or 3 times due to weather. So Anthony the ops mgr calls central they say they haven't heard of any bad weather.Wow that must be nice sitting in the basement in Harrison.I had 6700#s coming back and I was told to pull an mty. The hills where so slick I had to run the shoulder to try to get traction to get up the hills.
Some of you may take this as whining but its the point. Why ask for driver impute if it doesn't matter.

I appreciate your impute my friend. I appreciate impute from everyone...

Now as many of you know both US23 and I96 are heated roadways. Heavy coils beneath the road surface keep the ground temperature at a balmy 72 degrees. It's unfortunate that you poor fellows running the cgt lane don't have the same benefits as I do.

If you want some winter driving tips I suggest you consult with the FedEx Freight training film number 555477783999394DR. Along with several helpful tips from a qualified driving expert you will note that they clearly state that FedEx does not recognize the as yet unproven concept of "Lake Effect" Snow. In fact they are emphatically opposed to any recognition of this condition as it may lead to unchecked pulling of single trailers.

Pay attention.

Having an MT second trailer makes no difference, unless you pile it up, or if there is high wind. You know they dont care.It takes to much thought to equal out the loads for optimal weight in snow.Half of these problems are due to lack of imagination and lazyness on the operations end.

yes they say they leave it up to the decision of the driver when it comes to bad road conditions then you say it aint safe and they tell you to go anyway so why ask for the drivers opion. then once you leave the gate and somthing happens you get charged with an accident for being on dangerous roads. its a know win situation.......

It's ok to wish that .....

that person in central that Anthony deals with in central on our shift is an idiot he has no clue about safety or how to drive a truck he is just clueless if he doesn't come up with the idea it is not a good idea BTW I tripled home today so I feel your pin :chairshot:

Maybe someone in GO will read this and talk to the young man.

What would central do if you just flatly refused to pull empties or triples? If they give you crap, tell them to put it in writing that they are telling you to drive equipment that under the conditions you think are unsafe to pull. You guys can get instructions on your dispatches right?

Make sure you get a name.

Go doesnt care if you make it there safe all they care about is freight!!your health body family means nothing to them!! all you are is a number that can be replaced in a heartbeat supervisors worry about their butts ccms worry about their butts drivers your butt is worthless sad state of affairs we work at

Go doesnt care if you make it there safe all they care about is freight!!your health body family means nothing to them!! all you are is a number that can be replaced in a heartbeat supervisors worry about their butts ccms worry about their butts drivers your butt is worthless sad state of affairs we work at

Can you say butts a few more times?

They are a bunch of idiots down there. They said that they have not heard of any bad weather? That's funny because when I went for my schooling many years ago, the guy from Arkanas told us that they have a "state of the art" weather monitor down there. It was messed up the other night. I was on my way to FRE, when another FedEx Freight driver was tailgating me down the ramp before you get into FRE. He was maybe a foot off of my bumper. The ramp was SLICK, and at the bottom of the ramp is a stop sign and it's at a bottom of a hill. So I was taking my time so I wouldn't jackknife on the ramp. He was driving unprofessionaly. Who can I call that will resolve this? He's always in a hurry, and someone needs to tell him to SLOW DOWN.

They are a bunch of idiots down there. They said that they have not heard of any bad weather? That's funny because when I went for my schooling many years ago, the guy from Arkanas told us that they have a "state of the art" weather monitor down there. It was messed up the other night. I was on my way to FRE, when another FedEx Freight driver was tailgating me down the ramp before you get into FRE. He was maybe a foot off of my bumper. The ramp was SLICK, and at the bottom of the ramp is a stop sign and it's at a bottom of a hill. So I was taking my time so I wouldn't jackknife on the ramp. He was driving unprofessionaly. Who can I call that will resolve this? He's always in a hurry, and someone needs to tell him to SLOW DOWN.

you talk to the driver. be nice and all should go well.

Trailer Trucker welcome to the boards .
Please tell the others in your domicile about us here.

Thanks / SMOKESTACK - FXFE

yes they say they leave it up to the decision of the driver when it comes to bad road conditions then you say it aint safe and they tell you to go anyway so why ask for the drivers opion. then once you leave the gate and somthing happens you get charged with an accident for being on dangerous roads. its a know win situation.......

According to our safety director for the chicago area and beyond, Don D, if central deams it safe for you to go you have to pull out of the gate. Once you are out of the gate you can shut it down if you don't think it is safe. He said that if you refuse to leave the center it is considered refusing to work, but once out the gate it is your call. He said since we hire the best of the best drivers we all should be able to drive in very poor roads. As he says.....other people are out there driving on the same roads and are having no problems so you shouldn't either. Keep in mind this particular safety director almost always find any kind of accident chargable. My theory has always been if I don't think it is safe I don't care who you are I am parking the truck!! PERIOD!! Of course I am a city driver so you road guys get it a hell of alot worse than me in this wonderful winter crap. I don't miss running over the road in this stuff!!

Add one more

there was a fedex freight crashed on i-84 in Or, just starting up 3 mile hill. Hope the driver is all right