Yellow | 313 has layoffs

We were informed Friday that we would be laying off 5 dockman. No word on line-haul.
Hey sarge........the rule of thumb that RDWY was using was 15% of the workforce laid off. At 671 that's just about right. How many guys you got on the dock there?? The other question is how many inches of snow you got?? You guys got clobbered, didn't ya?:hide: DS.

Dat deep snow you boys got sure would be sweet. Would have gone deer hunting on the snow day without havin to call in sick. Dem deers show up better against all that there snow too.

I'm not sure of the exact total on dock, but I would guess it to be about 90.
5 doesn't quite make 15%, or even 10%. Who knows how they figure things out.
The guys laid off were told it was indefinate. However if they wish to sign up to be called for extra work...... (Wink, Wink)
Just another way to inconvinience its employees.
We got about 14 inches of snow in my neck of the woods. No CC's though.

Hey sarge......seems everytime there is a big snow, things get backed up and we all get manditiory overtime. Well............we've been on O/T for the past few months, do they want us to work around the clock while guys are setting at home?? :chairshot: DS.

I don't think you get it. You gotta get the "big picture".
Or "it is what it is".
Just a few of the quotes of our esteemed leader.
Ex AI EEFB leader who states, "Whats the answer, I don't know."
So my answer docksteward is I really don't know what they are thinking.
But they kept everybody at work during the storm and offered OT to who was willing to take it.

I think if I were a manager I would stay away from all of that AI/EEFB bullsheit. The main guy that was pushing it..........was fired. It was told to us at 671 that he was running RDWY into the ground. Who knows!?:duh: DS.