Yellow | 318 drivers get the jam in Chicago consolidation

Quasi

TB Lurker
Credits
318 drivers got screwed in this change of operations. 30 year men are being told they will move with a bogus 2007 terminal seniority date even though we were forced there in 07.
Plus the change committee said our layoff seniority is the 07 date. What a GIANT slap in the face.
So a 9 year man has more rights than a 30 year veteran when it comes to keeping his job and bidding.
Wasn't this Union founded on the principles of seniority, job rights and security?
Instead the elected officials of this committee whom don't have to answer to the ones being effected by this change are violating our seniority rights at every possible avenue.
Anyone who works in a large metro area watch out!
This exact crap could happen to you!
The international Union tears up the Chicago white paper agreement when it came to our no votes on the MOU, but will not step in when our company seniority rights have been violated by the Chicago area locals.
We're told that we operate under both contracts depending upon what works best for the union and employers to work against you.
What do we pay dues for?
What's the point of the Union?
Seniority is the only thing we have left.

Another thing that stinks is they want us to start bidding today and we don't have the exact info in writing of where we fall on different boards, what happens to our pension, nothing. This must be the new way the teamsters do business , and if you dont like it, shove it.

Another thing that stinks is they want us to start bidding today and we don't have the exact info in writing of where we fall on different boards, what happens to our pension, nothing. This must be the new way the teamsters do business , and if you dont like it, shove it.
Sorry to hear of it all, Quasi, yes, our sorry excuse for a union sucks big time. Your pension should remain as it is now, where it is now.

That's part of the problem. There's nothing in writing that we've seen. The BA was at the barn explaining what was going to happen on Thursday, the vote started on Friday, yet they want us to bid in a week with absolutely nothing in writing.
What he said was we will move with an 07 seniority date and layoffs will use the 07 date as well. We were forced here when Bolingbrook 318 was opened in 07 yet now when work is leaving we have to keep the 07 terminal seniority of Bolingbrook if we want to bid to another barn. In my case 304 is getting 3 positions worth of work. I live 4 miles away. A 30 year man who travels 60 miles one way has to pass 304 on his way to 318 because his 07 terminal seniority will not guarantee him from getting layed off. Total BS.
We were forced there yet we can't exercise our company seniority to leave.
I believe article 5.1 states our seniority shall not be violated yet there's also a provision I can't remember the exact article off hand, but I think its article 8 that states all decisions are binding from the change committee, so do I risk losing 16 years of my seniority to follow work to a barn 4 miles away?

So it's now the companies fault the Chicago area locals once had a policy that dropped transfers to the bottom of the list?
The way I see it the international needs to step in and have them use the company seniority date not the current terminal date
Congratulations! You've recognized that YRCF couldn't care less about where on a seniority list a transferee falls. This is the union, and Local 705 specifically. When the white paper agreements were abolished the terms and conditions of the NMFA were supposed to apply. Anyone electing to transfer on this OR any COO should be dovetailed by COMPANY seniority. It is a slap in the face, and YRCF has NOTHING to do with it.

That's part of the problem. There's nothing in writing that we've seen. The BA was at the barn explaining what was going to happen on Thursday, the vote started on Friday, yet they want us to bid in a week with absolutely nothing in writing.
What he said was we will move with an 07 seniority date and layoffs will use the 07 date as well. We were forced here when Bolingbrook 318 was opened in 07 yet now when work is leaving we have to keep the 07 terminal seniority of Bolingbrook if we want to bid to another barn. In my case 304 is getting 3 positions worth of work. I live 4 miles away. A 30 year man who travels 60 miles one way has to pass 304 on his way to 318 because his 07 terminal seniority will not guarantee him from getting layed off. Total BS.
I believe article 5.1 states our seniority shall not be violated yet there's also a provision I can't remember the exact article off hand, but I think its article 8 that states all decisions are binding from the change committee, so do I risk losing 16 years of my seniority to follow work to a barn 4 miles away?

Call Tyson and get him involved.

3 terminals were consolidated when Bolingbrook (318) opened. And Local 710 dock and Local 705 cartage employees from Chicago Heights (309) were given transfer opportunity. At which of the closed terminals were you employed?

3 terminals were consolidated when Bolingbrook (318) opened. And Local 710 dock and Local 705 cartage employees from Chicago Heights (309) were given transfer opportunity. At which of the closed terminals were you employed?
302 Aurora.

So it's now the companies fault the Chicago area locals once had a policy that dropped transfers to the bottom of the list?
The way I see it the international needs to step in and have them use the company seniority date not the current terminal date
and when they dont all the tough guys here will say yea thats all right just like the past 9 years .as long as its not me they can do that