FedEx Freight | 33+ years, goodbye!

you are right about the dreams i retired in january and i have worked the dock run linehaul and p/d dreams
Guy I used to work with called them "Freight Mares". And, why doesn't anything go right in them? Can't find bills, trailers, doors, etc....... Sorry, back on topic. Bet the OP never slept so good as he does now (sans the Freight Mares). So, how is the life of leisure treating you, @roogie ?

Guy I used to work with called them "Freight Mares". And, why doesn't anything go right in them? Can't find bills, trailers, doors, etc....... Sorry, back on topic. Bet the OP never slept so good as he does now (sans the Freight Mares). So, how is the life of leisure treating you, @roogie ?
Seriously , I still have them and had to talk to Doctor about them . Is this a thing guys -asking seriously ?
Some are really bad and I would wake up Mrs. SS screaming at something or someone bad , then the next
day just being a foul bastard . 43+ years of trucking was too much as well as the disrespect of others......

Ok, after 33+ years of driving for FedEx Freight I'll be starting my official retirement Monday. Not sure what I'll doing and hope that I don't go stir crazy or maybe y'all will get sick of me being here! Guess we're finding out tomorrow! 🥲😃 😎
Congratulations driver! Well deserved I'm sure. Enjoy the next chapter in your life and hope it's full of adventure for you! Or not ..lol ...if you prefer front porch rocking! Best of luck 👍

Last edited:
Seriously , I still have them and had to talk to Doctor about them . Is this a thing guys -asking seriously ?
Some are really bad and I would wake up Mrs. SS screaming at something or someone bad , then the next
day just being a foul bastard . 43+ years of trucking was too much as well as the disrespect of others......
First of all... Congratulations on surviving 43+ years of trucking.
Don't sweat the dreams or nightmares...
You spent 43 years doing something for your livelihood... Good bad or indifferent... That's a good number of hours that consumed your life... It would be impossible to not have your subconscious go back and recall the good, bad , and the ugly. As much as we want to put it behind us... That's a good part of our lives that we were needed, respected, and proud of what we did...
One of life's most simple elements.. is purpose.. my dad didn't handle retirement well and waited until 70... And never really retired... Always needed to be needed ( purpose) .. he enjoyed himself though... Didn't get much retirement.. 3 years or so... I wish he would have done things differently...but he was happy and enjoyed himself serving others with whatever project he could get into.
Enjoy yours driver! It isn't long enough... here's to pleasant dreams 🍻

I think it is a thing, I get them when I am awake though. Maybe time for some medical marijuana or CBD.

I have these nightmares Smoke, I'm pulling the mountain range between Tampa and Miami in a B61 with a pusher axle.
I'm almost to the top when I stop to chain up and someone steals my gearshift extension off the duplex.
I wake up in a cold sweat, I've broken the handle off the vacuum cleaner.

Ok, after 33+ years of driving for FedEx Freight I'll be starting my official retirement Monday. Not sure what I'll doing and hope that I don't go stir crazy or maybe y'all will get sick of me being here! Guess we're finding out tomorrow! 🥲😃 😎
Did they give you a set of purple mirrors, To mount on your homes front door, and rear doors?

Last edited:
I have these nightmares Smoke, I'm pulling the mountain range between Tampa and Miami in a B61 with a pusher axle.
I'm almost to the top when I stop to chain up and someone steals my gearshift extension off the duplex.
I wake up in a cold sweat, I've broken the handle off the vacuum cleaner.
You sure it was the vacuum handle ?
And, if you are going to bed with a vacuum cleaner, PLEASE do not give us any details as to why!!!:hide::hide::hide: