New Penn | 40 hour deal

rlgg23

TB Lurker
Credits
I am a FNG, I started last July. I did not work at all last week and only 2 days the week before. Someone said there is a deal where they can only call you if they have a 40 week for you. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get this 40 thing? I am not a casual, I am on the list.

check with your local but in ny if you are on the layoff list you can submit a letter asking not to be called for less than a 40hr block of work and can be undone with another letter asking to be called for any work

Don't know what supplement your in but where I'm at you can request to not be called for work unless they have 40 hrs avail if in a laid off status. Different rules for different areas. Some guys like being on layoff cause they know how to play the game cause of our work rules here. Here if laid off they can turn you on your 8's if you want to work ( work 8, off 8, work 8).

Sorry got off topic but check with your steward for your work rules and supplemental language. I would advised your to learn the run around language for your situation...hint hint

Got it figured out..Thanks for all of your inputs....I called the local rep and he told me to submit a letter to the terminal manager saying I dont want to be on a day to day basis..Unless that can work me a 40 hour week. I gave it to the tm and he was not at all happy...

Got it figured out..Thanks for all of your inputs....I called the local rep and he told me to submit a letter to the terminal manager saying I dont want to be on a day to day basis..Unless that can work me a 40 hour week. I gave it to the tm and he was not at all happy...
Glad it worked out for you,make sure you contact your local about your status so they don't hit you for back dues if you're gonna be out for awhile.

Glad it worked out for you,make sure you contact your local about your status so they don't hit you for back dues if you're gonna be out for awhile.

I know every local is different but up here if you don't pay your dues you can lose your seniority ..I was out for almost a year on workers comp and I had to pay dues every month..

I know every local is different but up here if you don't pay your dues you can lose your seniority ..I was out for almost a year on workers comp and I had to pay dues every month..
I think you got snookered and screwed, I'm not buying that one at all and I don't care what supplement you're under.