XPO | 401k changes

a couple points I found during my research

1) federal law changes from a couple years ago added more reporting requirements onto pension funds, more requirements equals more costs. So the big change for us is that things will go from "Funds" to "Trusts". The difference is that funds are publicly traded (under the rules of the SEC), while Trusts are private investments not regulated by the SEC (regulated by another government agency). The trusts do not carry a stock symbol and will not be visible on any stock reporting service. All updates will be generated in a quarterly statement or through a request to T Rowe. This change is throughout the investment industry, not just unique to our situation (recent sale to XPO). Trusts have been around for a very long time, just not a buzz word within 401k's until recently

2)The other point of info I found is that a "Trust" within a 401k can not be rolled directly into an IRA, they must be sold or converted. I am still researching this to get a better understanding of this process.

try an internet search of "401k Funds vs 401k Trusts" to learn more

Verrry interesting. The custodian of my investments is a "private trust".

a couple points I found during my research

1) federal law changes from a couple years ago added more reporting requirements onto pension funds, more requirements equals more costs. So the big change for us is that things will go from "Funds" to "Trusts". The difference is that funds are publicly traded (under the rules of the SEC) while Trusts are private investments not regulated by the SEC (regulated by another government agency). The trusts do not carry a stock symbol and will not be visible on any stock reporting service. All updates will be generated in a quarterly statement or through a request to T Rowe. This change is throughout the investment industry, not just unique to our situation (recent sale to XPO). Trusts have been around for a very long time, just not a buzz word within 401k's until recently

2)The other point of info I found is that a "Trust" within a 401k can not be rolled directly into an IRA, they must be sold or converted. I am still researching this to get a better understanding of this process.

try an internet search of "401k Funds vs 401k Trusts" to learn more

Thanks for the points of interest Merdock always good to read your posts always informative

Things I have found to be of interest also
1) No Prospectus sent to Trust holders
2) No ticker symbol like with TRP funds
3) No Holding reports
4) N0 dividend - The trust does not have to distribute the dividend to the plan like a fund holder has to they can keep some or all dividend for themselves or for trust expenses. Hint lower expenses but could lose a whole lot more in dividends Fundholders have to by SEC laws divide the dividend as the stocks pay it. Everyone can look at their own TRP statement for last couple years and see the dividend disbursement

Now a good question is I wish we could be left alone or what is a good place to put it in this market with low expenses and cost?.
They do not want to talk much about this or rock the boat, TRP is staying low key cause it would be and exodus of MILLION and I mean MILLIONS OF DOLLARS just at some service centers with each driver over let say over 15 years would, at least, reached 6 figures by now

Trying to move fast to keep a lot of anger down that many has saved for many years makes me wonder what's going own, or I could be way off track and be the best thing since sliced bread.I am sincere with this post folks do not spew anger at me!

Thanks for the points of interest Merdock always good to read your posts always informative

Things I have found to be of interest also
1) No Prospectus sent to Trust holders
2) No ticker symbol like with TRP funds
3) No Holding reports
4) N0 dividend - The trust does not have to distribute the dividend to the plan like a fund holder has to they can keep some or all dividend for themselves or for trust expenses. Hint lower expenses but could lose a whole lot more in dividends Fundholders have to by SEC laws divide the dividend as the stocks pay it. Everyone can look at their own TRP statement for last couple years and see the dividend disbursement

Now a good question is I wish we could be left alone or what is a good place to put it in this market with low expenses and cost?.
They do not want to talk much about this or rock the boat, TRP is staying low key cause it would be and exodus of MILLION and I mean MILLIONS OF DOLLARS just at some service centers with each driver over let say over 15 years would, at least, reached 6 figures by now

Trying to move fast to keep a lot of anger down that many has saved for many years makes me wonder what's going own, or I could be way off track and be the best thing since sliced bread.I am sincere with this post folks do not spew anger at me!

Most people that have spoken to financial advisors are moving in different directions. These offerings are not quality choices.

These choices suck. I hate the fact that you can't even keep any money in a money market fund. I hate that these choices are horrible. I wish I was 59 1/2, I'd move it out.