TForce | 401K stocks up's and downs

BusterNite

TB Legend
Credits
Has anyone been following their 401k and UPS stocks. Last week mine lost $3000.00 but gained back the $3000.00 by the end of the week. Today mine lost 10,000 and wiped out all my UPS stock. I am looking for a rebound. Waiting for the big government buyout plan to stabilize the market. I will not change my options and I will continue to invest.

After the initial shock I had time to think about this. All my UPS stock does not show up in my ballance funds. I should be down about $3000.00 I will check later to see if my stock account shows up again. I don't know where it went. No transactions in the funds history.

They are supposed to be merging our UPS savings plan into the Teamsters-UPS national 401-K. Dont know how that will affect the UPS stock we recieved as the company match since it is held under a different account.

OK, The UPS stock Ballances are now back up on the savings plan website. I am only down a total of $2000.00. But expect it to drop a bit more after the dow dropped 161 points today.

Buster, you haven't gained or lost anything unless you sold some stock at that time.

I was talking about the UPS Savings website. When I checked it yesterday morning, my UPS stock balance was zero. The plan administrator must have been adjusting something. Its all there now.

They are supposed to be merging our UPS savings plan into the Teamsters-UPS national 401-K. Dont know how that will affect the UPS stock we recieved as the company match since it is held under a different account.

Mine has been merged for quite some time now. The UPS Teamsters 401K website page breaks it all down for separate balances and then a total balance as follows---

UPS Teamster 401K Balance $000

UPS Savings plan Balance $000

UPS Stock Account Balance $000

Total Balance $000

Mine has been merged for quite some time now. The UPS Teamsters 401K website page breaks it all down for separate balances and then a total balance as follows---

UPS Teamster 401K Balance $000

UPS Savings plan Balance $000

UPS Stock Account Balance $000

Total Balance $000

I could very well have misunderstood, but the way it was explained to me, is that the UPS Savings is going to be merged into the UPS Teamsters account sometime in september. I would assume this would happen at the end of the quarter, which is a few days from now, and may explain why your stock account showed funny when you looked at it. So after all this we will just have the UPS Teamsters account. But like I said, I could very well have not understood what I was hearing .

I was talking about the UPS Savings website. When I checked it yesterday morning, my UPS stock balance was zero. The plan administrator must have been adjusting something. Its all there now.

I thought you were talking about the stock prices going up and down.

And you really need to contribute more, or make some different fund selections if your balances are all zero.

No, Just the stock account was showing zero balance that morning. It seems to be all cleared up now. I have been in a 401k plan for 27 years now and have close to a half million dollars in the plan. Although its not even close to what the projections should be.

I thought you were talking about the stock prices going up and down.

Well that too!! But I should have been more clear, meaning the stock market and not the UPS stocks. It was a confusing two part thread post meaning the stock market and the missing UPS stock account on my savings plan.:smilie_132:

No, Just the stock account was showing zero balance that morning. It seems to be all cleared up now. I have been in a 401k plan for 27 years now and have close to a half million dollars in the plan. Although its not even close to what the projections should be.

Well, be heartened by the fact that while the share prices in your funds are lower right now, when your contribution goes in each week, you are buying more shares at a cheaper price. Eventually the market will turn around, and those cheap shares will see a huge increase in value, and correspondingly so will your portfolio value. After that happens, since you have been in the 401-K for 27 years, I would assume you are getting somewhat close to retirement, and you might want to start rebalancing into more stable funds.

Well, be heartened by the fact that while the share prices in your funds are lower right now, when your contribution goes in each week, you are buying more shares at a cheaper price. Eventually the market will turn around, and those cheap shares will see a huge increase in value, and correspondingly so will your portfolio value. After that happens, since you have been in the 401-K for 27 years, I would assume you are getting somewhat close to retirement, and you might want to start rebalancing into more stable funds.

Yes, I contribute 15% of my income to retirement. What bothers me is my total balance right now is the same balance I had 1 year ago this month. I am waiting for that huge increase in value. Yes, I will be looking at more Conservative funds once the Market calms down and the fear factor is on the back burner with this bail out plan.

At best this bailout will delay the depression by a few years. There is and old saying, 'neither a borrower nor lender be.' The age of cheap bad credit is over. America has lost its manufacturing base. Our future is that of a house built on a bog.:hide: