TForce | 401k

hmmm I'll have to ask one of the teamsters next time I talk to them, or if you want go to the next meeting jan 6 1400

hmmm I'll have to ask one of the teamsters next time I talk to them, or if you want go to the next meeting jan 6 1400

Oh well what can you do?
When you turn 59 &1/2 and start drawing out your 401-k money.
The federal government will take away 20%,and whatever state you live in has to get their fair share in taxes as well.

Oh well what can you do?
The federal government will take away 20%,and whatever state you live in has to get their fair share in taxes as well.

yes that is true
if you make $55,000 a year for 25 years at an intrest rate of 7% (which is low) and assuming a 3% pay increase each year it totals to over $170,000 lost

even with no pay increase it would total over $120,000 lost.

All free money.

yes that is true
if you make $55,000 a year for 25 years at an intrest rate of 7% (which is low) and assuming a 3% pay increase each year it totals to over $170,000 lost

even with no pay increase it would total over $120,000 lost.

All free money.

Oh well what can you do?

Not if your in a roth 401k, which UPS offers the union does not.

A roth 401k is where you pay taxes upfront your money grows and when you withdrawl you don't pay taxes on it.

Oh well what can you do?

A roth 401k is where you pay taxes upfront your money grows and when you withdrawl you don't pay taxes on it.

I was going to get involved in the roth with the 2008 raise. But the small raise we are getting its not worth it right now.