TForce | 4th of July

ibamars

TB Lurker
Credits
Looking for info. I was just on upsers site. The parcel guys are working July 3rd and July 6th. They have a notice about getting customer information for these dates due to businesses being closed.

Does anyone know what our deal is? Are we working both of these days?

If so, how are we to be compensated for the 4th seeing that it is one of our recognized holidays?

..heck I`m still waiting for last years pay for the 4th..yup worked Friday the 4th and only got 4 days and a holiday...EVEN THOU I WORKED THE COTTON PICKING 4 OF JULY..sorry got alittle postal there...but to be honest I ain't holding my breath even for this years as it looks now that will be the week I get back in the truck after 2 months...maybe..

..heck I`m still waiting for last years pay for the 4th..yup worked Friday the 4th and only got 4 days and a holiday...EVEN THOU I WORKED THE COTTON PICKING 4 OF JULY..sorry got alittle postal there...but to be honest I ain't holding my breath even for this years as it looks now that will be the week I get back in the truck after 2 months...maybe..

Wow! What's their reason for the delay in pay?

2009 UPS Freight Holiday Schedule (*)

Jan 1st: NEW YEAR'S DAY
May 25th: MEMORIAL DAY
July 3rd: INDEPENDENCE DAY (observed)
Sept 7th: LABOR DAY
Nov 26th: THANKSGIVING DAY
Nov 27th: DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING
Dec 24th: CHRISTMAS EVE
Dec 25th: CHRISTMAS DAY

(*)UPS Freight is closed (includes LTL, Truckload and Specialty Solutions).
No pickup or delivery service available unless scheduled in advance with the local Service Center or the Urgent Services Department at 800/644-0900.
Additional charges may apply for pickup and delivery service on major holidays. Refer to the Rules Tariff for more information on these charges.

This is from upsers.com. We should be closed on the 3rd.

No matter what the schedule turns out to be (last minute) The 4th is a paid holiday per contract. You will get 8 hours of pay regardless of your work schedule that week.

If you work on a Holiday and are on the clock, you will be paid time and a half. Plus your 8 hrs of holiday pay.

..mmm ; sounds kind`a partial don't ya think...but it`s been this way as long as I`ve been here..so I keep a KY travel pack close..`course by now it`s more like I need ALUM..... :eck13:

2009 UPS Freight Holiday Schedule (*)

Jan 1st: NEW YEAR'S DAY
May 25th: MEMORIAL DAY
July 3rd: INDEPENDENCE DAY (observed)
Sept 7th: LABOR DAY
Nov 26th: THANKSGIVING DAY
Nov 27th: DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING
Dec 24th: CHRISTMAS EVE
Dec 25th: CHRISTMAS DAY

(*)UPS Freight is closed (includes LTL, Truckload and Specialty Solutions).
No pickup or delivery service available unless scheduled in advance with the local Service Center or the Urgent Services Department at 800/644-0900.
Additional charges may apply for pickup and delivery service on major holidays. Refer to the Rules Tariff for more information on these charges.

This is from upsers.com. We should be closed on the 3rd.

TY. thats what I was looking for. I couldn't seem to find it!!

..you wanna bet the skivvy will be .."WE WONT KNOW UNTIL WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY"...even then you will call central and make sure your run aint running...

..mmm ; sounds kind`a partial don't ya think...but it`s been this way as long as I`ve been here..so I keep a KY travel pack close..`course by now it`s more like I need ALUM..... :eck13:

I have never got ot rate for working on a holiday before, please post your pay stub show showing overtime pay for holiday work.

I have never got ot rate for working on a holiday before, please post your pay stub show showing overtime pay for holiday work.
..ah ha pretty sharp here 008,nope to my knowledge no rddr driver has got`n ot for anything..very astute of you my friend...nope we filed for the guarantee..for Sat. the Fourth last year....since I haven`t heard anything in a year it probably got threw out..been operating that way for twenty years so the KY slowed the discomfort...but I`m in it for the long haul if it takes a couple more sessions in the barrel to get these issues corrected..so be it...now if rddrs actually know the Friday the 29th,exactly what day they are working and are off on the 4th,and those that touch(finish up on the 4th or even start on the 4th) working in that 24 hour period receive ot( then progress is moving foward..1/.5 on the clock and mileage)...but ops cant forecast with any certainty what the freight will be like so few if any yes/no decisions will be made before the middle to end of the week..then central puts there mark on it ....so we will see...rddrs have been stump broke so many times on holidays its really hard to to get any friction.....but we are optimistic...as long as the KY holds out.....:eck13:

Boy, you better calm down!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

doesn't the rule that you have to work the day prior and the following monday still appy to recieve holiday pay?
even if it is on the list of payed holidays doesn't mean that your guarenteed to get 8? for those of us at the bottom they may screw us like they did for thanksgiving in 08.