ODFL | 4th Q = $$$$

that's great news. More and more, it seems like OD is the place to be. I like working for Con way at times, but I think I might make the switch. Seems to be more overall job satisfaction here

It's amazing that you guys can operate below 90% on the operating ratio and still haul all your own freight. Maybe ol' Congdon oughtta give the boys @ Con-job some advice...

It's amazing that you guys can operate below 90% on the operating ratio and still haul all your own freight. Maybe ol' Congdon oughtta give the boys @ Con-job some advice...

I don't know about giving advice but that under 90 took years and years to get to.A lot of changes,adjustments and fine fining.Good people working and good people running the show.At OD things just seem to blend together,it's by no means perfect but most things turn out to work smoother.

JIM BOB said:
I don't know about giving advice but that under 90 took years and years to get to.A lot of changes,adjustments and fine fining.Good people working and good people running the show.At OD things just seem to blend together,it's by no means perfect but most things turn out to work smoother.

You guys stepped up the game pretty quick in my area. A few years ago they could barely make pickups on time,now they have more guys on the street and do pretty good.

The green team looks more appealing every day

OD has a growth plan,no giant steps no big buy outs,just steady.There is no flash in the pan leadership or crooks at the top.....everybody knows it is a well managed company but a trucking company is a trucking company it has the same problems as everybody else they just seem to be able to work them out......another thing is when OD makes money the employees make money,thru 401 contributions by the company and raises,and it's been like that for ALMOST all of the past 30 plus years.Sometimes the raises were not as much but it was an increase and they came almost every year.Now as soon as I post this some ganderhead will come on here and say I'm full of ****.Well you have to realize some people are never content at a good job for a good company.They're whiners and they'll always be whiners.

Seems to be that way jim. And semper fi from one marine to another

That's about as straight as I can tell you about OD.Used to be they never ever laid anybody off they would always find something for a man to do but these are different times.I can say they lay off as a last resort.Semper Fi and good luck if you make the move.