FedEx Freight | 5 days to get dock qualified.

Guardrail

TB Legend
Credits
I found out that I get the privilege of working the dock all next week to become dock qualified.

I CAN'T WAIT!!

How long does it take to learns this crap? I'm pretty sure the forklifts haven't changed much in the last couple years. I'm betting there is a lot of computer work involved.

its the bill per hour they are quote training u for good ole fed ex wants u to move at a snails pace while on fork lifts well company policy at least yet and still maintain at least 8 bills an hour on the daya that u get a pup that has only 8 skids on it and 8 bills no problem but the norm is about 12 bills with 18 skids decking from nose to tail and about 3 skids that came off the deck and have dumped all over the place

its the bill per hour they are quote training u for good ole fed ex wants u to move at a snails pace while on fork lifts well company policy at least yet and still maintain at least 8 bills an hour on the daya that u get a pup that has only 8 skids on it and 8 bills no problem but the norm is about 12 bills with 18 skids decking from nose to tail and about 3 skids that came off the deck and have dumped all over the place

Really if you just keep working you can get you bill per hour. You don't even have to fly around. The boss I work for at CGT knows I stay busy and often time will fix trailers instead of letting them load like crap without being told to do it. I'm not an over achiever but I'm paid to do a job I'm going to do the best I can so he stands up for me when questions are asked about my bill count if it's low. I also let him know when a trailer I'm unloading has freight dumped over so that he can get pics of it and so he will know what I'm doing for so long. Basically just so your job an stay busy and do it right you don't get in to trouble. If your put your head on the radar or make a name for yourself good or bad people will shoot at you. The good thing about team work is that it fives them someone else to shoot at.

How many speed transmission does a fork truck have? Where's the air horn and head light interrupt?

Yeah, 5: 30 AM start time. Do people actually get up that early?

Guardrail

2 speeds guardrail. forward and reverse.we just go to the bike dept. at wamart and buy our own airhorn. that way we can mount it where ever we want.

I found out that I get the privilege of working the dock all next week to become dock qualified.

I CAN'T WAIT!!

How long does it take to learns this crap? I'm pretty sure the forklifts haven't changed much in the last couple years. I'm betting there is a lot of computer work involved.
You can count on next week being the coldest week yet this year!! it's murphy's law....

Don't forget to wear your seatbelt!! It's company policy and you already know how FedEx feels about company policy.

What's with the trailers that are 2-3 thousand pounds heavier in the rear then the nose. That was a no-no with Watkins. Always thought it was with Nat'l , guess we have so many new guys on the dock or nobody cares anymore. Sure does make that set of pups hard to pull and I'm at a place where they can't be put back to a dock. By the time I get them they have come 1000 miles either way.

What's with the trailers that are 2-3 thousand pounds heavier in the rear then the nose. That was a no-no with Watkins. Always thought it was with Nat'l , guess we have so many new guys on the dock or nobody cares anymore. Sure does make that set of pups hard to pull and I'm at a place where they can't be put back to a dock. By the time I get them they have come 1000 miles either way.

We don't bay freight on the dock, we load it as it gets unloaded from the inbound loads. The only thing we watch is don't load more than 11,000 lbs in front of the halfway mark of the pup. If you load more than that, it's most likely going to be overweight on the drives. After that deck it and cram it as high and tight as you can up to about 23 to 24,000 lbs.

You will learn all of this stuff after you become a dockworker with a cdl. They are even nice enough to let us drive there trucks to the hub to perform our dock working abilitys:bowdown:. Let's put it this way, you will almost put as many miles on a toyota forklift as you do your volvo or kw.:1036316054:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in Dallas I can't wait for my dock training, the most modern thing that was on the dock was a pallet jack and a idot stick when I worked on one 25 yrs ago.But then again nothing has been said about any training here. I guess that we will all show up for work and say "here we are".

I have to say I miss the order of the FedEx(American Freightway) dock.The computer stations,the ability to keep track of freight easily.It sure isn't like that at R+L.They have nothing to keep track of the freight here,not like there was at FDXF anyway.Heck,that was 10 yrs ago and it was better.And dont get me started on the training of the actual dock workers.It doesn't exist here.

We have guys here, that got a spot, going through hazmat training. They look like they're learning a new language or something:LMAO::LMAO: I think some already have regrets that they didn't take the severance:regretful: