Yellow | 5 years to merge

yellowemployee

TB Lurker
Credits
Is it true the company only had five years to merge to have a dovetail ? I think it was in July of 03 that yellow bought roadway. If thats the case Roadway will have to endtail.

Is it true the company only had five years to merge to have a dovetail ? I think it was in July of 03 that yellow bought roadway. If thats the case Roadway will have to endtail.

No. Where did it ever say that Yellow Corp had to merge Roadway and Yellow within 5 yrs or else any future merger would result in endtailing? Some of you guys are amazing. The contract states that dovetailing will take place in the event of a merger. Whether you like it or not this is the right thing to do for everyone.

I can't find a copy of the contract, does anyone have a link for an online copy?

I can't remember the language but I'm pretty sure they can have limited (regional) changes when merging compaines. I think this is their intention the way I read the announcement.

You may be thinking of when you are on a letter of layoff you retain you senority for five years after the last day you work.

I can't find a copy of the contract, does anyone have a link for an online copy?

I can't remember the language but I'm pretty sure they can have limited (regional) changes when merging compaines. I think this is their intention the way I read the announcement.
Get ready cause your not going to like this:When I go to the "Gym", I take my shorts and sneakers. When I go to church, I take my "Bible", When I go to the grocery store, I take my coupons, When I go to work, I take my lunch and my "contract book".(also in my lunch box is the Constitution of the United States of America). I found that it is a good habit to know your rights and be prepared. Some say that I have a condition called "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder",I consider it a gift, I say too many people are lazy and rely on others to do their homework in life. This is not a personal attack, it is mostly based on a opinion of people in general. :1036316054:

The Contract

Union Jack,

Check this out when eating your p.b. and J. at work. Central PA over-the-road, local cartage supplemental agreement.

Article 42 section 1 subsection 6 subsection e. Sounds like a grievence that will head to the committee for a determination of who bought or merged whom.

Remember if Yellow Freight did not buy Roadway in December 2003, they would not have ever been in the family. We paid for their adoption, and now they want all of the inheritence.

Whats fair is fair read your supplement.

Hope you have a good lunch.......

Contract.

Union Jack,

Check this out when eating your p.b. and J. at work. Central PA over-the-road, local cartage supplemental agreement.

Article 42 section 1 subsection 6 subsection e. Sounds like a grievence that will head to the committee for a determination of who bought or merged whom.

Remember if Yellow Freight did not buy Roadway in December 2003, they would not have ever been in the family. We paid for their adoption, and now they want all of the inheritence.

Whats fair is fair read your supplement.

Hope you have a good lunch.......

(e) Employee’s Company seniority shall be dovetailed in the opening and closing of terminals within the Central Pennsylvania Area.In the event of purchase or merger of companies, the employees of the surviving company shall maintain their seniority standing. The employees of the company purchased or merged shall be placed at the bottom of the surviving company’s seniority listing in order of their seniority standing with their former company. The seniority of such employees shall commence from the first day worked for the surviving company. In the event of a merger, if there is a dispute in determining the surviving company, it shall be subject to the grievance procedure.

Unless I am mistaken both "Brands" or Co's will be surviving.
The New Co name is, after all, Yellow Roadway.
This language would indicate for an endtail to happen the Co that was purchased ceases to exist.

I read this crap and get sick to my stomach. Who's the survivor? Yellow will cease to exist the same day Roadway does. The only one crying on here about dovetail or endtail is you wanna be teamsters. Your damn TEAMSTER and you are your BROTHER'S keeper! Now start acting like one before you make a complete a#% of yourself.

Good Luck to Everyone.

I read this crap and get sick to my stomach. Who's the servivor? Yellow will cease to exist the same day Roadway does. The only one crying on here about dovetail or endtail is you wanna be teamsters. Your damn TEAMSTER and you are your BROTHER'S keeper! Now start acting like one before you make a complete *** of yourself.

Good Luck to Everyone.

Get ready cause your not going to like this:When I go to the "Gym", I take my shorts and sneakers. When I go to church, I take my "Bible", When I go to the grocery store, I take my coupons, When I go to work, I take my lunch and my "contract book".(also in my lunch box is the Constitution of the United States of America). I found that it is a good habit to know your rights and be prepared. Some say that I have a condition called "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder",I consider it a gift, I say too many people are lazy and rely on others to do their homework in life. This is not a personal attack, it is mostly based on a opinion of people in general. :1036316054:

It sounds like a personal attack to me.

Dovetail not endtail ,sorry, check the contract. They must be fair to all. The roadway people did'nt want this any more then yellow

The purchase paperwork was done in December 2003.Not that it matters.What some fail to understand is that YELLOW and ROADWAY are brands under the holding company of YRCW. As I have stated before read ARTICLE 5. SECTION 2. N.M.F.A. DOVETAIL!:1036316054: