Reddaway | 506 Gets Back One Line Bid

blueyedmule

TB Lurker
Credits
We'll see how long it lasts, but since SAC put their Eugene turn back on, that brought back one of our bids.

In other news, I heard through the grapevine the Pdx fired two of their salesmen and that there may be more coming.

sales

We'll see how long it lasts, but since SAC put their Eugene turn back on, that brought back one of our bids.

In other news, I heard through the grapevine the Pdx fired two of their salesmen and that there may be more coming.

I wouldnt want to be in sales right now, too tough to sale a service.

Also in the rumor mill, 506 TM may be taking over Albany and Newport in addition to his duties at Eugene. It's all rumor, though, until we hear it officially.

Yeah, sales is a mofo right now. Customers are ALL about margins, it's a tough sell on service, and frankly many companies have improved their service, so often we're out selling on relationship--what we've done for them in the past, etc. Sales is the last place I'd wanna be right now.

That's the problem right now. We have no service to sell. Our one and two day lanes out of Cali suck right now. It is not uncommon to see bailers sitting in MED an extra day. And then...to get the freight all we are doing is low balling the bids. Can't survive that way. If this is YRC's "plan" where they say Reddaway has "turned the corner", this is not a good scenario. Our equipment looks like crap, there is no maintenance anymore and when they do "fix" something, it is put together just enough to get it out of the shop. Sure miss the ole days I'll tell ya!!

Good one Turtle!! Nothing to be sorry for...the YRC "team" has ruined some great companies with their idiotic ideas!