Yellow | 54& - TM Caught Sabotaging His Own Terminal

Havoc

It's better to burn out than to fade away
Credits
OKC thanks to our TM at 54& you'll be getting two trailers of 54& freight that should have been worked at 54&. Tr. 311201 and Tr. 360345 were shipped to OKC because the TM who was filling in for the evening shift supervisor was to lazy to stay while they were being worked. There was no excuse for not working them, there was plenty of men to work them and everyone would of went home same as always. This is a terminal that is losing its biggest account at the end of the year an no one knows for sure what's going to happen, yet TM is passing out our freight that we need badly. TM told everyone the loads were directs but no one saw the bills to verify it. TM has already been got caught lying to YRC security, so lying is just his nature. If not for a shuttle driver who got back late and checked the bills on these Trailers no one would have known and he would have got away with it. Does anyone else have a TM this lazy and pathetic that they would jeopardize his own men's jobs. Any suggestions on what all can be filed on this. We have one laid off employee who wasn't working so I'm assuming he can file since he wasn't called to work that day and TM sent freight out that should have been worked at 54&.

There are so many factors to this that it needs to be handled by the steward at your location. You have the #'s and the company has to give him the info

I would say that a grievance is due on the work. Without a change of operations that work belongs at that shop.

Your right you can't get your brothers to back you up, at least not this on evening shift. They live in a fantasy world where if they don't speak up or file a grievance their little YRC world will go on forever.

Nobody cares anymore period and what does it matter , nothing is never going to change , yrc is dead man walking , r.i.p.

Speak for yourself brother. I wouldn't continue working for a company I felt that way about AND NEITHER WOULD YOU!! Several at our barn will hit 70 k in the city and not pay a nickel for benefits.I will be over 65k, with over 1300 in grievance money.
The worst thing about this job is the negativity that permeates and poisons us.
Most men would be thankful for a decent job and try to better themselves if they could instead of constantly whining and bitching and not caring about the paycheck that feeds their family.

Continue on in misery if you wish brother, but IMO we should all be thankful,work hard and strive for a smart, sustainable, competitive contract.
You seem like a cool dude,don't let these circumstances make you a bitter man.Life sucks when you are bitter, for you and everyone around you.

Speak for yourself brother. I wouldn't continue working for a company I felt that way about AND NEITHER WOULD YOU!! Several at our barn will hit 70 k in the city and not pay a nickel for benefits.I will be over 65k, with over 1300 in grievance money.
Most men would be thankful for a decent job and try to better themselves if they could instead of constantly whining and bitching and not caring about the paycheck that feeds their family.

Continue on in misery if you wish brother, but IMO we should all be thankful,work hard and strive for a smart, sustainable, competitive contract.
You seem like a cool dude,don't let these circumstances make you a bitter man.Life sucks when you are bitter, for you and everyone around you.

Well said.

You don't have to agree with him but I do think wongway does represent the way a lot of employees feel, I see it everyday at work . I see more butt kissers at work than I do Teamsters. But you can't let TM get away doing as he pleases,a few of us will continue to file grievances and to protect our rights as long as we can. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be on Trucking Boards asking for suggestions.

Well you are entitled to your opinion, and we will have to agree to disagree on this subject , you say you make $65k , well how much would you have made at full pay ?? and what about the pension cuts is that something a decent job does to its workers ?? point is the company has won by splitting up the work force with non-union yes voters and a few union no voters left yet !! so here's a Question for you at what point to you say no in 2019 say -20% or -30% giveback and take 2 more weeks vacation time away ?? Nice thing about America is we can all have our own opinion on whats good or bad ! Have a Good Day !

Well you are entitled to your opinion, and we will have to agree to disagree on this subject , you say you make $65k , well how much would you have made at full pay ?? and what about the pension cuts is that something a decent job does to its workers ?? point is the company has won by splitting up the work force with non-union yes voters and a few union no voters left yet !! so here's a Question for you at what point to you say no in 2019 say -20% or -30% giveback and take 2 more weeks vacation time away ?? Nice thing about America is we can all have our own opinion on whats good or bad ! Have a Good Day !

Wong, in 5 more days it will be 2016. What in heck are you doing worrying about something that might happen in 2019?

Get back in the bunk and get some sleep.

You guys seem to have a pretty good BA down there from what I hear.

Wong, in 5 more days it will be 2016. What in heck are you doing worrying about something that might happen in 2019?

Get back in the bunk and get some sleep.
Sorry, my bad , you are right , just woke up from a bad dream that Hillary & Hoffa both got voted in and put me in a bad mood , going back to bunk & get some sleep !! Have a Nice day !

[QUOTi="Havoc, post: 1000751, member: 35008"]OKC thanks to our TM at 54& you'll be getting two trailers of 54& freight that should have been worked at 54&. Tr. 311201 and Tr. 360345 were shipped to OKC because the TM who was filling in for the evening shift supervisor was to lazy to stay while they were being worked. There was no excuse for not working them, there was plenty of men to work them and everyone would of went home same as always. This is a terminal that is losing its biggest account at the end of the year an no one knows for sure what's going to happen, yet TM is passing out our freight that we need badly. TM told everyone the loads were directs but no one saw the bills to verify it. TM has already been got caught lying to YRC security, so lying is just his nature. If not for a shuttle driver who got back late and checked the bills on these Trailers no one would have known and he would have got away with it. Does anyone else have a TM this lazy and pathetic that they would jeopardize his own men's jobs. Any suggestions on what all can be filed on this. We have one laid off employee who wasn't working so I'm assuming he can file since he wasn't called to work that day and TM sent freight out that should have been worked at 54&.[/QUOTE]
What is terminal 54& and where

I hear you falcon....We all know that we are -15% why dwell on it that's not going to bring it back, I try to change the things I can and try to encourage others to do the same, sometimes if you talk to some of the older people who really struggled and feed their families with almost nothing and made it through, we have nothing to complain about,compared to what some people endured. If we keep reading the same chapter we can never move on.......... I always remember something I was told as a child Don't worry about the Mule Being Blind Just Load the Wagon and tow the Line...........It makes sense to me, Let's look for a better 2016 working together makes for a better Team. Just my opinion..........Stay Strong my brothers and sisters HAPPY New YEAR!!!!!!!!

Most TM's at this company are bad, that's nothing new. Your's sent a couple loads up the road, ours has trimmed our bill count by a third over the last year. Try some of that on for size, intentionally missing pickups, calling customers and harassing them till they quit using us, telling customers we will only pick up one trailer per week.

I don't need to try that on for size because our TM has done all that also. This terminal hasn't did anything but lose freight and jobs since he's been here. That's the way TM wants it because it just makes it easier for him, he's lazy and he can't handle any kind of adversity. If he had more men to deal with he might not be able to take his 2 hour lunch's.