ABF | 6 percent of miles? Come on!!!

trucker1979

TB Lurker
Credits
I don't know about other areas of the country, but in my area it seems like they are running more than 6 percent of the miles with contracted carriers. I know abf is having a hard time finding drivers, but they need to follow the contract.

How do we keep track of the miles? Everyone acts like they don't give a crap. Come on guys let's get on the ball and stop this. In Carlisle they are running the crap out of the contracted carriers. In Chicago and Dayton as well. we need to do something about this!

I would like to know the first step to take to keep track of the miles? Every terminal needs to do there part to keep track and start filing grievances. Thanks for any help

I agree. Dont trust the terminal with their figures, rather have a yard man on each shift write down the trailer.number and the number of trucks comming and going. Compile this for a month and take the info to your ba or better yet to the hall and hopefully some good can come from it. Although our union is weak some locals might stand up for you. When I worked the city and dock we would have an alternate keep track of supplemental and replacement casuals and we did get some people hired but I realize.that was much easier than the road problems you are having...hell, how about the rail. Ive sat at crossings an seen a slew of abf rails and pups moving. Not being able to find drivers is just an excuse for abf. They know they can run it cheaper with a **** outfit. Power in numbers men. Get on the same page to protect your jobs!

What you will find is that the majority of people will not want to get involved as most like their high paying job, free benefits, other personal perks. They don't give a crap about the Union and likely voted yes on the contract anyway but don't like certain aspects but can deal with others. And then there are the ones who have their own agendas, I wont go there! I just laughed the other day, 3 dumb a$#@,, The exact words were, I just got a raise, I can deal with a little pay cut, the weeks vacation is what I cant tolerate, and these Werner drivers I just laugh at them everytime I see them rearing up our equipment and sliding their fifth wheel!!! All three of these dipwhads voted for the contract and were so vocal!!! People have lost their give a crap which is what the Company wanted, and our reps are horrible and self centered on retirement and funeral directors and nurses.

Kudos to a dispatcher in KC,, A werner driver came in a couple hours after he was supposed to be there like he owned the place,, He was ran off and told he couldn't take the loads due to the status of his road board!! So no monkey business there.

I agree the contract should have been voted down. Everyone was like, the money Is not that bad, and they are not making us pay for our benefits. They did not think about the contracted miles like some of us did. Now look at what is happening. That was a big mistake. I don't think half of us knew what we were voting on. At my barn everyone thought we were getting 2 percent back April 1st. I told them no July 1st didn't you read what you were voting on? Duh

A lot of us here at YRC are checking outbound sheets for PTS. We get the trailer numbers and then we research all of the bills for that corresponding trailer.We look for freight that delivers in 2 to 3 day delivery windows.Because our MOU or contract stated that this freight for PTS was supposed to be 3 to 4 week delivery dates.At each terminal a member can ask for monthly reports of each run on PTS and even the rail numbers.Any questions about how to ascertain the percentages will be answered for you.That is the rule.We are learning just like you all are at ABF.We also file on PTS run arounds as it is with line haul runarounds.Just check the trailer numbers of PtS and if you were layed over with pay when the consequent PTS left your yard.It may take up to a year before Tyson J.reads them all.All that was supposed to go to a PTS grievance committee.I was told otherwise.Thats not what our MOU stated

I don't know about other areas of the country, but in my area it seems like they are running more than 6 percent of the miles with contracted carriers. I know abf is having a hard time finding drivers, but they need to follow the contract.

How do we keep track of the miles? Everyone acts like they don't give a crap. Come on guys let's get on the ball and stop this. In Carlisle they are running the crap out of the contracted carriers. In Chicago and Dayton as well. we need to do something about this!

I would like to know the first step to take to keep track of the miles? Every terminal needs to do there part to keep track and start filing grievances. Thanks for any help

We'd be dancing in the rain if all we had was 6% of contractors pulling our loads. It's is more like 60%...

They'll give the contractors 10 or 20% or whatever they wish.
There ain't **** we can do about it either.
We have no union.
Werner will run the break to break freight while we do 4-5 tours.
Just suck it up. You voted for it. Eat it.

Out of all these posts only one said they are taking numbers to compile a case. The rest of the posts are from three different companies where nobody said they are doing this. Just crying that nobody is doing it for them.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

Several Months Ago, I came on here, asked for information regarding these loads and other info. I stated that I had began work on a lawsuit. (spent a lot of time, money and hired a labor atty)That's more than crying.. Would you like to know what I got in return? No you really wouldn't!! The truth would sicken you and cause most to quit.. I can tell you the IBT, ABF and most fellow workers aren't friends in this matter.. They all 3 would slit a mans throat and ruin a life..

Several Months Ago, I came on here, asked for information regarding these loads and other info. I stated that I had began work on a lawsuit. (spent a lot of time, money and hired a labor atty)That's more than crying.. Would you like to know what I got in return? No you really wouldn't!! The truth would sicken you and cause most to quit.. I can tell you the IBT, ABF and most fellow workers aren't friends in this matter.. They all 3 would slit a mans throat and ruin a life..
I'm trolling..lol.I want to ask in specific terms to you.How are some slitting your throat and ruining lives? I work over at YRC. We are not very pleased with the direction of the MOU concerning PTS.As I and a few others have researched these PTS trailer loads.As per our copy of the MOU it stated nothing about this service running bid destination runs on schedules.These lanes were established a few years ago for YRC sleeper teams.Therefore any new runs of that sort should be offered to that specific barn where said run is originating from.i believe that is a 75% rule.if that barn has a nice sized extra board.Teams and those PTS runs should be offered as bids to Teamsters first in seniority.I believe there is a breach of MOU contract on YRC and the use of PTS.As well as a breach of your current contract at ABF.In your cases it would single runs

From what I had been told, the Werner loads that we were loading out were to supplement the rail, since the BNSF couldn't meet the service times on the freight. Now what they have done is stopped using Werner completely, saying they were unreliable and too expensive. At my barn they have since established rail runs to the UP in a different state, where two Teamster bid drivers take the outbound trailers to 034 and 042 (or any U-Packs that are going to different places) and bring trailers back for the inbound. The only downside, is now because we have so many trailers going on the rail, that cartage drivers also take the rails to the UP also. But it's a start at least.

We'd be dancing in the rain if all we had was 6% of contractors pulling our loads. It's is more like 60%...

And ALOT of my fellow brothers (AND I SAY THAT LIGHTLY), dont give a rats azz bcuz as long as they r not affected ,y should they care. I will be holding the door open when alot of these blue n grey boys retire. Being a teamster is not just about what the union can do for me. Its about what we can do for each other. We r six months into our new contract, and we r yet to see a LHD driver, or a commitee on this matter. Only a couple of terminals have asked for a information request on road runs,(pts rails etc). I for one have 5 greivences for pts lanes that have two way freight. And you want to know what my so called brothers told me "hey man why are you doing that for? I like my run, i want to keep my truck, I I I I I!!!!!!!! Its always i i i i i. Well what im doing is for the better for ALL OF US.

And ALOT of my fellow brothers (AND I SAY THAT LIGHTLY), dont give a rats azz bcuz as long as they r not affected ,y should they care. I will be holding the door open when alot of these blue n grey boys retire. Being a teamster is not just about what the union can do for me. Its about what we can do for each other. We r six months into our new contract, and we r yet to see a LHD driver, or a commitee on this matter. Only a couple of terminals have asked for a information request on road runs,(pts rails etc). I for one have 5 greivences for pts lanes that have two way freight. And you want to know what my so called brothers told me "hey man why are you doing that for? I like my run, i want to keep my truck, I I I I I!!!!!!!! Its always i i i i i. Well what im doing is for the better for ALL OF US.

I guess I'm one of those blue and grey guys you're talking about. Anyone one with half of brain knew what was going to happen when the contract overwhelmingly pasted. LHD, and no change in the contract carriers. We are using more outside carriers now than ever. Why hire LHD and pay their health and welfare when you can use unlimited outside carriers.
But in five years most of us blue and greys will be gone and you brothers can learn from the last two contracts and get a hopefully better contract...

We run way too much PTS out of KCI/003. Its more than 6% and I'm guessing closer to actually being about 10%. They pull our sets in and we hook them a bald set to take back out. I just have to shake my head everytime one pulls in a blocks the in gate. These guys do act like they own the yard but the company has given them that impression by allowing them on property in the first place.

Here's a thought to ponder...when these clowns start running into EOL dark terminals on the weekends who's going to let them in? Or is this company stupid enough to give them a master key that not only opens the gate, but as you know also gives you entry to the terminals,and every trailer loaded with freight! I've already seen Werner pulling our sets during the week up here in New England so it's just a matter of time before this happens. Stay tuned boys it's going to get real ugly!

Just curious, since Werner drivers can't take hazmat, are they even allowed to pull sets, has it been verified that they have the endorsement some how?