TForce | 61 and 62 Series International tractors

Diesel Smoke

TB Lurker
Credits
Man are these things junk. They wouldnt be so bad for linehaul, but they are terrible in the city, considering all these tight and ridiculous docks we get in to.

The shift rough, ride horrible, and couldnt turn around in a 40 acre field. They do pull pretty good, though.

The company is putting all the old 17 18 and 19 series Volvos out of service so the city is stuck with these junk internationals. They do sit on air bags, and generally have radios and AC, but I loved my old 17 series tractor.

I would take that 1992 model 17 series Volvo over one of the brand new Volvos any day of the week. Those things shift so smooth and can turn on a dime.

You should of worked for CF.... you would then know what a real truck was. I use to have pretty good arms on me back then.... I can remember putting my knees into the dash to turn the wheel backing into some of the gem of places we had to go. Power steering happen in the freight business for me when I went to Holland... just remember it could be worst. I have a brother that works for UPS freight, he tells me of some of the junk they have. Give them time and they will some day replace it.

61 and 62 series school buses are just plane junk. They certainly were not built to run the road with. I remember when Overnite got a special deal on those tractors as they were ordered for another company. I hope they fired the guy that purchased them......junk

when I first came to Overnite, we did not have ac or power steering in some of the units. I remember driving 60096, a twin screw mack, no power steering and have to go into Boston. try that 1. How about the old 16's the 5 speed, they where great for the city, but they had no power. Some guys just don't know how good they got it, Yes the 61 and 62 are mostly junk, but a far cry from what I and many others had. I bet there is someone out here who was here when they had the flat back Mack's, I miss that time, thank god!!!!!!!!