Holland | 7.09.2008 Contract Synopsis FYI

Unionist

TB Lurker
Credits
Posted in the terminal, 7.10.2008

FYI
Local 705

Wednesday, July 9.2008 Meeting

What seemed to be positive progress on Monday, July 7.2008 with the appearance of the three (3) Vice Presidents has evaporated on Wednesday.

With an additional slide presentation and further dialog on “Scope of Work”, “Area of Agreement” and its importance to our Unions future.

The TMI group indicated that they would present a proposal to the Committee after they recessed for caucus and lunch.

They did, the Employers Proposal #5 shows no movement that could be considered positive or constructive, from the Negotiation Committee’s perspective, the Unions, yours or mine.

They, (TMI) failed to comprehend our dissertation on these two topics, their importance and interconnectedness to everything else in our proposal.

This proposal, will, as always, will be posted on the Local’s web site for your inspection and consideration.

Two additional dates have been set in early August. To what end, I cannot see.

This TMI proposal #5 is an insult to all of us, as you will see when it is posted on the web.

FYI Note: 705 has NO Obligation at this point, to issue a 72-hour notice of action.

Action can be called for at any moment.

We are at a critical mass point, the next few days will be insightful into our Leaderships resolve on these MOST important issues.

What is done to one of us is done to ALL of us!

Any truth to a rumor that 705 sent paperwork to joint council 25 asking for approval of 710 and 179 to honor a strike as well as to picket joliet terminal. Joliet police friend of mine said that they were given a heads up on this and that the terminal manager was given a phone # to someone at the police dept to call if they show up.

Unionist.....your posts are of interest and concern to all our brothers and sisters at USFH, but did you ever consider the competition is taking this info and using it to persuade shippers into switching freight companies? Your info would be much more secure posted on our own board where it can only be viewed by employees. I can guarantee you the non-union companies are watering at the mouth and hoping job action occurs so they can grab our freight.

JIMK, I have no clue Im just asking based on what I heard, Im guessing because 179told 705 that we would not honor it because we have a contract already and that came down from internatl. So my guess is that they would still want to picket our terminal if they do walk. Im in the dark and am only asking due to what Ive heard. I do not agree on crossing pickets ever even when I am doing my deliveries if theres a picket sign I keep on going.

FYI
Local 705

What seemed to be positive progress on Monday, July 7.2008 with the appearance of the three (3) Vice Presidents has evaporated on Wednesday.

With an additional slide presentation and further dialog on “Scope of Work”, “Area of Agreement” and its importance to our Unions future.

The TMI group indicated that they would present a proposal to the Committee after they recessed for caucus and lunch.

They did, the Employers Proposal #5 shows no movement that could be considered positive or constructive, from the Negotiation Committee’s perspective, the Unions, yours or mine.

They, (TMI) failed to comprehend our dissertation on these two topics, their importance and interconnectedness to everything else in our proposal.

This proposal, will, as always, will be posted on the Local’s web site for your inspection and consideration.

This TMI proposal #5 is an insult to all of us, as you will see when it is posted on the web.

FYI Note: 705 has NO Obligation at this point, to issue a 72-hour notice of action.

We are at a critical mass point, the next few days will be insightful into our Leaderships resolve on these MOST important issues.

I wish every Local would had stood strong at contract time.
It is sad that every Teamster does not live by your quote: "What is done to one of us is done to ALL of us!" Hopefully these guys will wake up before it is too late. We (INDY) have lost 4 bids and 14 road Drivers since the start of the Utility Driver. Keep up the fight.

Jimk 849, big papa has a vivid imagination, he likes to make things up,
don't you big papa? by the way what's your friend the policeman's name "officer
friendly"? I bet you like to play with his baton, don't you?. AH.!!!!!

PHP:
Your info would be much more secure posted on our own board where it can only be viewed by employees. I can guarantee you the non-union companies are watering at the mouth and hoping job action occurs so they can grab our freight.

Isn't that what this board is about? To keep us up to date? I appreciate Unionists posts and his candor. The Nons got our freight the last 2 strikes and they failed miserably with it. Most freight is locked in a rate when they negotiate contracts with shippers. They just divert it then return most of it when its over or try the substitute carrier for a while until they realize fork holes through a skid doesn't serve their customers well.

As far as the S--------- is concerned, might I suggest, as you obviously seem to be part of it, NOT requiring an employee number for access to the message board? We didn't just fall off the turnip truck ya know.

I do not agree on crossing pickets ever even when I am doing my deliveries if theres a picket sign I keep on going.

Thats right rule # 1

TEAMSERS DO NOT CROSS PICKET LINES.

It does not matter who , what ,where or when a line is set up teamsters do not cross picket lines even if it is one person with a sign.

Jimk 849, big papa has a vivid imagination, he likes to make things up,
don't you big papa? by the way what's your friend the policeman's name "officer
friendly"? I bet you like to play with his baton, don't you?. AH.!!!!!

I hope its a big baton,I like the cuffs too

rumblestrip

Unionist.....your posts are of interest and concern to all our brothers and sisters at USFH, but did you ever consider the competition is taking this info and using it to persuade shippers into switching freight companies? Your info would be much more secure posted on our own board where it can only be viewed by employees. I can guarantee you the non-union companies are watering at the mouth and hoping job action occurs so they can grab our freight.

Nothing to hide

It is what it is

This dialog is for those interested.

The nons don't have a clue how to do what we do, because they have no idea what UNIONISM is all about.

Dedication, Brotherhood, Intellect and a willingness to suffer for the good of the whole.

They, on the other hand, are all self centered independent contractors, only concerned for themselves.

AND OBVIOUSLY that is a general statement, except the part about, Dedication, Brotherhood, etc.

Maybe by seeing how we do things they will become better at their understanding as to what being UNION is, and that they might aspire to being Union themselves.

This is NOT a SECRET society, it is a society of BROTHERHOOD.

In Solidarity and Brotherhood

big papa

Any truth to a rumor that 705 sent paperwork to joint council 25 asking for approval of 710 and 179 to honor a strike as well as to picket joliet terminal. Joliet police friend of mine said that they were given a heads up on this and that the terminal manager was given a phone # to someone at the police dept to call if they show up.

Joint Council, Co*i, signed off for ALL the JC 25 Locals to support 705.

The companies action of calling the local police is standard procedure.

Their problem is that they think that we are all throw-backs to an earlier time.

If they ever recognized the fact that we are equally as intelligent as they are this thing might get easier for both entities.

We are NOT the enemy, we are their PARTNERS

Loon

PHP:
Your info would be much more secure posted on our own board where it can only be viewed by employees. I can guarantee you the non-union companies are watering at the mouth and hoping job action occurs so they can grab our freight.

Isn't that what this board is about? To keep us up to date? I appreciate Unionists posts and his candor. The Nons got our freight the last 2 strikes and they failed miserably with it. Most freight is locked in a rate when they negotiate contracts with shippers. They just divert it then return most of it when its over or try the substitute carrier for a while until they realize fork holes through a skid doesn't serve their customers well

As far as the S--------- is concerned, might I suggest, as you obviously seem to be part of it, NOT requiring an employee number for access to the message board? We didn't just fall off the turnip truck ya know.

Thanks, Loon

This is NOT a SECRET society, it is a society of BROTHERHOOD.

In Solidarity and Brotherhood

My whole point was why give the non's anything to use against us in this dog eat dog world of competition.

I have not just "fell off a turnip truck", instead I made the suggestion as a proud active Teamster of 30+ yrs.

'nuff on the subject brothers....carry on

This is the age of the internet. It is a tool that alot of Teamsters and non-union alike use daily. Take a look at the UPS Freight board and notice that Union Stewards from barns all accross the country are in contact with each other and are coordinating grievances. This is awesome that they can do that when otherwise they would never have ANY contact outside their respective locals.
As far as Non's watching, who cares. Take a look at their boards and see all they complain about. Showing up late to find we were given their freight. Showing up ontime but refusing any freight that wasn't called in in advance. Delivering destroyed freight. Losing freight. It seems the only thing they beat us on is price. The old saying goes.....and the shippers are well aware of it......."You get what you pay for". Union companies tend to be given the higher value shipments. Shippers know turnover rates run about 3% with Union carriers and with low turnover you tend to have better and more experienced employees.
Now for my turnip truck remark. There's another Holland -only board but they require a employee number to join. What does that tell you? Who exactly is running that? Beware there my friend because unless its being run by the company, how can they access company wide personal employee numbers? What other information can they get along with that number? How are they getting it? Beware my friend, the walls have ears!

i wish every local would had stood strong at contract time.
It is sad that every teamster does not live by your quote: "what is done to one of us is done to all of us!" hopefully these guys will wake up before it is too late. We (indy) have lost 4 bids and 14 road drivers since the start of the utility driver. Keep up the fight.

:1036316054: the contract stinks and the locals know it ... hofa pushed this toliet paper at the locals ....
the utility position is company friendly :thumbsdown:

we got :nutkick: on this paper
the c.o.a. was even worse total disaster :nutkick:

705 is right

FYI
Local 705

Thank you Unionist for the info, as this effects abf yellow roadway and holland in the chicagoland area.
Keep up the good work.:1036316054: