ABF | 7 went down, 9 up for revote

Well,...Wednesday will tell. It seems that now there are 9 chances not to ratify the contract instead of 7. They are increasing the odds of failure (non-ratification...). Contrary to what the management people were hinting at, a "No" vote does not automatically become a "strike" vote....The Company cannot call a "strike"....only we can. They can lock us out....if they dare.....

I see this as an unusual and peculiar situation and I am dying to see how it plays out. I don't think a strike is on the horizon with this thing. How can they expect my area to strike when our people buckled and ratified the whole thing? Likewise with a lockout. I see the IBT shoving this down the throats of the rejected areas myself. Two more days and the vote is tallied.

They split Chicago out because they know it wont pass there but it can in the rest of the central region. I dont know the rules but I bet they get a different deal in Chicago when this is all done.

I've been keeping up with several locals, especially Chicago and pictures I've received, those guys up there are being destructive to the terminal and equipment and starting to talk and become violent towards the union and the company, the union business agents and company executives who showed up there wanted to talk to them about voting yes and never got the chance, the members ran them off the property.

your absolutely right about that, one thing for sure, when issues happen up there they do all stick together, it's one of the most united members of any local in the country and it doesn't matter what the union or the company says, if they don't agree with something, there's no changing their mind.

I'm out of 034 not seen this destruction you speak of towards terminal or equipment no more than any other terminal I go to, the union rep leaving after 5 mins. Is true but never heard of any violence toward company execs. I thought Teamsters were suppose to stick together.

Rumors, so michaelmc1964, can you address the "rumors of freight being ran around you all? also, Schlagle "being ran out of town". Also, How are the workers doing there? spirits doing ok? the few guys I encounter seem quieter than usual and not as eager to talk of the impending vote or results.

They might be running around 034 not the first time but I notice that a lot of the line haul operations aren't doing a real good job with getting freight out of these outlying terminals not enough manpower or equipment. I've not heard about any execs getting run out of town. People don't like losing money out of there pockets or time at home with family and let's face it its just a matter of time till both happens.

034 Chicago

I'm out of 034 not seen this destruction you speak of towards terminal or equipment no more than any other terminal I go to, the union rep leaving after 5 mins. Is true but never heard of any violence toward company execs. I thought Teamsters were suppose to stick together.

I was number 30 on the seniority list resigned on Jun the 4th you need to get with parnell or any other shop steward better yet get with guys are on light duty that are there for 8 hours eight and a half hours and have them show you pictures and videos of what goes on, I receive them every week. I know guys that have been there for 10 and 15 years and still haven't a clue on what the work rules are they have no clue.