XPO | 70 hour work week ?

They might wait to see if the hiring of dock workers helps. None of us should have to work a 14 hr day. Us in the south have been doing it for a few years and it SUCKS.Friday 2 hr delay back to service center at 11 or later. What a way to start out your so called weekend.

Friday is the worst day of the week. Long hours during the week + 2 hour rollback = your toast on Sat.:biglaugh:

Is he trying to write "you are" or possibly "you're"? He did not really mean, his toast as opposed to my toast, did he?

Heard this many times but more and more lately. I hope it stays at 60 but my guess is we'll end up with the 70 hr book next year. I also think the flex % will change to 70 - 30 or 60 - 40 next year.

Heard this many times but more and more lately. I hope it stays at 60 but my guess is we'll end up with the 70 hr book next year. I also think the flex % will change to 70 - 30 or 60 - 40 next year.

You are being a little too generous driver...

I look for many more changes than what you have mentioned.

With the advent of the part time dock workers you maybe looking at an entire call in for P&D. This gives the company much more control over costs as opposed to having P&D start times. They could call you on a particular P&D route based on need rather than a start time.

Heavy day...called in earlier...light day...later. IMHO the days of the same driver running the same P&D route are all but over. You may get seniority preference when several drivers start at the same time...but I wouldn't hold my breath over that either. This will vary from SC to SC as no two seem to do the same thing.

The days of DSR's working the IB and OB dock may be over as well...JL alluded to this in the last update video when he mentioned we were doing something never before done..IE...part time dock workers. He made mention of having these folks on the docks and keeping the DSR's on the street longer. Plus it is simple economics...why pay us $23.37/hour and perhaps OT when you can hire PT peeps at $15.00/hour in an environment where people are begging for work.

I am seeing more and more PT people on the docks at the FACs as well...may be omens of things to come.

I would not be the least surprised if we start seeing lay-down runs and more meet and turns.

Pay drivers to drive trucks and not forklifts...

I can also see the a 70 hour book...for a seven day a week operation. I can also see a completely split board...just like Fed-Ex Freight. You will be forever one or the other...with the flexers having to make the same choice.

Your company is changing right under your noses. This has been proven by our leadership since Nov 08. And the changes may or may not bode well with you...depends on your preferences and situation...but it will change.

The changes will be strictly economically motivated...your lifestyle will not be considered. This has been demonstrated and proven by all the recent 'enhancements' implemented by JL...DS...and the BODs. The elimination of the pension accrual and the changes to the vacation policy are just forerunners of things to come...

These things will take time to fully implement. Maybe a year...perhaps sooner...who knows...

Stand By...

Rat

I sure hope not, I'm at the bottom and I get most of my runs from drivers working their one dock night for the week to save time.

They might wait to see if the hiring of dock workers helps. None of us should have to work a 14 hr day. Us in the south have been doing it for a few years and it SUCKS.Friday 2 hr delay back to service center at 11 or later. What a way to start out your so called weekend.

out here in the west that's my life. 14 hour days and fridays 2 hour pushback. i get home saturday afternoons around noon-1pm, sometimes 3-4pm. atleast i get mostly longer runs. bottom feeders or myself when it's slower work a 14 hours day, the majority of it being dockwork.

eg: start at 5pm work outbound dock, go to fac, work fac dock = total 80% dock work and like 40 minutes driving 14 hour day. it does get brutal but the checks are SCHWEET!

out here in the west that's my life. 14 hour days and fridays 2 hour pushback. i get home saturday afternoons around noon-1pm, sometimes 3-4pm. atleast i get mostly longer runs. bottom feeders or myself when it's slower work a 14 hours day, the majority of it being dockwork.

eg: start at 5pm work outbound dock, go to fac, work fac dock = total 80% dock work and like 40 minutes driving 14 hour day. it does get brutal but the checks are SCHWEET!

Money is not everything. All it takes is one "OH CHIT" any you could be screwed for the rest of your life. I see the 70 hr rule as more of a way to abuse the driver. I say Hell No.

And that tiny 40 minute cancels any OT. You work most of your waking hours and Conway calls that sweet too.

O/T

Isnt that why conway is growing like a weed? All those different work rules to get out of paying Over-time to there DRIVERS. 8hrs=183.04 plus 6hrs O/T=205.92 Is 388.96/DAY FOR ME! You boys are getting beat with a rubber hose!:Bondage:

Isnt that why conway is growing like a weed? All those different work rules to get out of paying Over-time to there DRIVERS. 8hrs=183.04 plus 6hrs O/T=205.92 Is 388.96/DAY FOR ME! You boys are getting beat with a rubber hose!:Bondage:

We can do more work than any other drivers in the industry. That's why our company is growing..I too, get O/T.
:shift:

And we will be here next year at this time!!!!:eck13:

Plus you ain't gettin no freakin' $22.88 an hour if your profile is accurate as to who you work for...

Go back to your hole and dream some more!!! What a ::shit:: head post!!!

Rat

bring on the 70 hr rule would love to have it
but my regional mgr said he would never do it unless the company its self as a whole and he is forced to change it