Holland | 705 contract talks start again

hemorrhoid

TB Lurker
Credits
705 meeting with TMI July 7th and 9th any word on what was discussed the 7th,I was told that the talks started around 9am and broke up some where around 4pm.

I say don't give up anything we had in the last contract. This proposal gives up much.

Thats right Loon they would like us to give them the moon and stars, no we can not stand by and give up all of the gains our brothers and sisters fought for in the past. This "negotiation comity" has not even budged one bit on their stance that we except less than the national, and less then what we have currently.

It seems that they would rather push us into a action then actually negotiate in good faith.

If one is called the blame lies sole on the employers back to why one is called they are the ones not barganing in good faith.

you can take the crap they are pulling out of the handbook on how to negotiate a contract by the employer 101, or contract negotiations for dummies.

I think they TMI is dragging this out for some unknown reason. They've never been this unrealistic at contract time, not even in 92. Perhaps they are waiting for the COO's to get refined? They sure wouldn't want a strike anywhere in the system with that starting up. Be egg on their face after telling shareholders their labor issues were settled. My guess is they will try and drag this out until after they announce 3rd quarter earnings.

705 contract talks

In the 13 week strike the companys managed to work around Chicago,has any one heard about the companys renting any terminials outside 705 area to come in and pick up freight.
I know the company I worked for in the 70's rented a terminal in Indiana and somehow managed to get the freight moved.
This could be what the companys are doing getting everything in line by stalling,also ABF dock passed there contract Friday.