ABF | 88.8% Operating Ratio 3rd Quarter

Freightwaves reports an 88.8% for quarter 3...
And when Judy moves their corporate offices to Nashville, from Puddinville, like Darren did with YRC, that OR will drop another 4-5 points.

Anyone know the o/r for the year? Just wondering if well get a bonus this year.
If I'm not mistaken there is no bonus in a contract year regardless of o/r.
No profit sharing bonus until 2024. It is based off of a calendar year (Jan. 1-Dec. 31). Because our contracts start and end in the middle of the calendar year, there is not a profit sharing bonus the first year of a new contract.
June 30th of 2023 ended our old contract and July 1st of 2023 started our new contract. Jan. 1, 2024 thru Dec. 31, 2024 will be the first calendar year we are eligible for the Profit Sharing Bonus in our new contract.

IMG_2247.md.png

Last edited:
It’s so nice to finally work for a company that is well run. I won’t miss listening to the train of BS excuses from Yellow “leadership” as to why they couldn’t make money.
An avalanche of debt. Simple as that. Just wait until the federal government can't sell its bonds. Then we will all see the greatest economic collapse of the world

No profit sharing bonus until 2024. It is based off of a calendar year (Jan. 1-Dec. 31). Because our contracts start and end in the middle of the calendar year, there is not a profit sharing bonus the first year of a new contract.
June 30th of 2023 ended our old contract and July 1st of 2023 started our new contract. Jan. 1, 2024 thru Dec. 31, 2024 will be the first calendar year we are eligible for the Profit Sharing Bonus in our new contract.

IMG_2247.md.png
Absolutely correct. It’s amazing how many teamsters don’t at least read some of the contract and understand some things

IMG_2247.md.png
I was in the shop Monday and the talk was that we would probably be getting the profit sharing bonus. The shop personnel are going to be upset if we don't. Especially if the OR for the year is below 93.

I was in the shop Monday and the talk was that we would probably be getting the profit sharing bonus. The shop personnel are going to be upset if we don't. Especially if the OR for the year is below 93.
Based upon n contract language, the OR bonus is based on the calendar year. Therefore, on contract years, there is no OR bonus. Old contract ended June 30th and the new contract started on July 1st.

IMG_0100.md.png