TForce | 9/6/2006 Teamsters Kick Off Contract Talks With UPS Freight

Credits
9/6/2006 Teamsters Kick Off Contract Talks With UPS Freight.

In a couple of weeks it will be one year since the contract talks started between the Teamsters & UPS Freight.

Just where are they now????????????

I herd they are only 1/3 of the way done with the contract talks.

This would mean another two years of contract talks if they keep up the same pace that they have been going for the last year.

9/6/2006 Teamsters Kick Off Contract Talks With UPS Freight.

In a couple of weeks it will be one year since the contract talks started between the Teamsters & UPS Freight.

Just where are they now????????????

I herd they are only 1/3 of the way done with the contract talks.

This would mean another two years of contract talks if they keep up the same pace that they have been going for the last year.

I still don't know why anyone thought this was going to be done quickly.

A friend of mine who was a steward at CF said in the beginning that it could take up two years.

For one thing, negotiators from both sides have many other duties and obligations and can't just drop everything and negotiate until it's finished. These processes take time and a maiden contract will take much more time. Most everybody understands this.

What are you guy's expecting too get at UPS FREIGHT? Are you all looking to get the same pay/benefits as the brown drivers? I was wondering what the pay scale is for drivers now and how's your benefit plan?

i'm not expecting what brown has on pay , but they did reduce our pension when they bought us. pay is 21.50 hr and .5437 mi.used to have with overnite 100% coverage after co pay,and pay 55 dollars a week premiums now 55 a week and 1000 deduct per person a year. 80/20 coverage. so benefits and pension were better before they bought us.

i'm not expecting what brown has on pay , but they did reduce our pension when they bought us. pay is 21.50 hr and .5437 mi.used to have with overnite 100% coverage after co pay,and pay 55 dollars a week premiums now 55 a week and 1000 deduct per person a year. 80/20 coverage. so benefits and pension were better before they bought us.

Do you guys just drive, no touch?

Do you guys just drive, no touch?

If you are a line driver the option is yours for the most part, when needed per break. If you are a city driver you touch everything, The insurance you can get is 80\20 split on health or a managed system ,with low deductables, you pay alot more for the managed , and it covers more then the 80\20 Ins.

I think ,most are not unhappy with what we make, or the bennie spread except for the 80\20 Ins. plan, and the managed plan suffered a bit too, not much, but it did, as well as prescripts.

I think it was the seniority issue, Overtime after 8, sick days, and work rules we can all follow, and of coarse the line haul drivers giving free time too the company, as well as some of the linehaul being changed and given to longhaulers while people sit home.

I am sure there is more too come that people will not like ,and as you can see by the union poll posted, the majority wants the union. And I am sure there are a few things I have missed, but for the most part this summs up a few things.

It is just a question of when and what we will be getting as opposed to now.