TForce | 90/10 rule Mobile.AL

upfront

TB Lurker
Credits
there are only 50 percent of the work force in the 90/10 rule the other 50 percent have to call in everyday to see what time they come in but they do work everyday,overnight manager of 25 yrs says if you file for hours you will be layed off,also 2 casuals work everyday while 2 full timers sit at the house,also can a dock worker work the city,or city driver work the dock if they have senoirty over fellow employee, mobile is way out of controll need some help.

there are only 50 percent of the work force in the 90/10 rule the other 50 percent have to call in everyday to see what time they come in but they do work everyday,overnight manager of 25 yrs says if you file for hours you will be layed off,also 2 casuals work everyday while 2 full timers sit at the house,also can a dock worker work the city,or city driver work the dock if they have senoirty over fellow employee, mobile is way out of controll need some help.
First of all you don't have to call in, that makes it easy for managment, let them call you and they have to do it in order of seniority and they have to have a union menber verify the call and they have to keep a call log,and they have to offer you every job available that you are qualified for and they have to do it in order of seniority. If there are 2 casuals working everyday and 2 fulltimers sitting at home and the fulltimers are qualified to do that work they need to start filing grievences and they will get paid for those days they sit home and the casuals work. Apparently this manager doesn't realize the contract isn't one way there are guidelines that he isn't following and the guys calling in everyday need to tell the manger to call each and everyone of you in order of seniority and to be offered every job available.

when you say seniority do you mean classification seniority or company seniority down here in the south it matters, did they transfer between terminals.

50% of the employees covered under the 90% rule is about right, the union agreed to this.

And the 90% applies seperatly to each classification, and only 90% of bids are covered not 90% of fulltime employees.

Yes a citydriver can displace another junior employee if his run is cut.

Your manager can only do what the employees allow, what is the shop steward doing when all of this is going on?

when you say seniority do you mean classification seniority or company seniority down here in the south it matters, did they transfer between terminals.

50% of the employees covered under the 90% rule is about right, the union agreed to this.

And the 90% applies seperatly to each classification, and only 90% of bids are covered not 90% of fulltime employees.

Yes a citydriver can displace another junior employee if his run is cut.

Your manager can only do what the employees allow, what is the shop steward doing when all of this is going on?

Please post the letter of agreement that states that we agreed to 50% of employess in the 90%. Are you counting casuals? They are not part of the formula.

I didn't say the union agreed to 50%, I said 50% could be right especially in a smalll terminal, becuase the union agreed the 90% is applied to each classification seperatley and only bnids are guaranteed not employees.

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/ups-freight/51519-ad-hoc-scanned-paper-work.html

EMPLOYEES ARE GUARANTEED not bids. Why would the employees put up with that. What are your stewards doing?This has been established .the ONLY thing that can effect this % is hard layoff or hiring . All road drivers hold bids anyway . Even xtra board is a bid. So either way 90% are GUARANTEED!

that MOU clearly states "full time employees holding bids". Anything above and beyond that would of been negiotiated localy.

Our BA passed this out.

All our road runs are bid and guaranteed. 90% of our local cartage are jobs are bid and guaranteed. Anything less and you are being taken to the cleaners.

we just got to that 2 weeks ago, extra board and vacation fill in was not a bid.

Look at the date on the MOU 2008 I was in New Orleans in 2009 when the decision on 90/10 was rendered. The only way the % can change is a hard layoff to reduce it or hiring to increase it . The example Ken H. used to simplify it was if you have 100 drivers 90 of them are guaranteed .Are u in the east I thought ORO was south?

This thing is really pissing me off. We have a city steward that agreed with the union to allow only 90% of schedule holding city drivers to be guaranteed. I am the road steward and I dont know about you but my contract that I signed says all bid jobs. It doesn't say anything about schedules. We have been fighting this since day one and I'm not giving up. As far as the tm blowing smoke, blow it back and force him to do something. If he's doing something wrong then all of you need to stand UNITED together and force the correct thing to happen.

This thing is really pissing me off. We have a city steward that agreed with the union to allow only 90% of schedule holding city drivers to be guaranteed. I am the road steward and I dont know about you but my contract that I signed says all bid jobs. It doesn't say anything about schedules. We have been fighting this since day one and I'm not giving up. As far as the tm blowing smoke, blow it back and force him to do something. If he's doing something wrong then all of you need to stand UNITED together and force the correct thing to happen.

Again the jobs are not the issue . The guarantee is based on # of full timers . City Road It makes no difference . This is really simple. If you are settling for anything less you are getting the shaft. :bye1:

JD, maybe where your at but the majority of us 90% is for bids and not everyone has a bid.

Hopefully everyone will get there eventually. We have been fighting this since day one.

JD, maybe where your at but the majority of us 90% is for bids and not everyone has a bid.

Hopefully everyone will get there eventually. We have been fighting this since day one.

Well it should be that way everywhere it was A national decision. But having said that I do understand the fight . Hang in there keep banging away .

I agree whole heartedly!!! So the problem lies where? Like always, way to many wanting to do this and that but yet won't even take the time to sit down and read their contract!

This thing is really pissing me off. We have a city steward that agreed with the union to allow only 90% of schedule holding city drivers to be guaranteed. I am the road steward and I dont know about you but my contract that I signed says all bid jobs. It doesn't say anything about schedules.
Sounds like your problem is with you local and your BA, NOT your city steward. City steward is trumped by the BA and local. No matter WHAT the steward wants, the local can, and will, do what they want.
I've sat in grievance hearings and pushed like hell for the local to not accept the companys explanation/settlement. Know where that got me? Nowhere.
The simple fact is that the steward is just a liason in the first part of a grievance and is to keep an eye out for contract violations. Beyond that, it's all in the hands of the local when push comes to shove.

Again the jobs are not the issue . The guarantee is based on # of full timers . City Road It makes no difference . This is really simple. If you are settling for anything less you are getting the shaft. :bye1:
The number of full timers and the 90/10 is a problem with inadequate definition of "ADHOC".
As far as I'm concerned it should be 90% of the full timers are guaranteed. No matter what the company calls them. ADHOC, bid, Dock w/ CDL, Full time dock,,, Whatever. If their full time, they should factor into the 90/10. Bids should have nothing to do with it IMO.

Been there, done that, i know exactly what your talking about. It's a bad feeling when you go in there and you know whats right and have to sit there and take whatever it is that they want.

The number of full timers and the 90/10 is a problem with inadequate definition of "ADHOC".
As far as I'm concerned it should be 90% of the full timers are guaranteed. No matter what the company calls them. ADHOC, bid, Dock w/ CDL, Full time dock,,, Whatever. If their full time, they should factor into the 90/10. Bids should have nothing to do with it IMO.

Ad/hoc is temps and temps only. UPS uses them during there peak season. That is what that covers.