TForce | 90% -10% to start the first full week for new terminals!

Guaranteed 8

TB Lurker
Credits
Some word on how the 90% -10% being enforced on the first full week of the new terminals under contract will be interesting. Since the company will have to give it to the top 90% and not assign it to jobs. It should help all of us clarify the grievance on this issue. Being that the company will have to keep any new bid up for 14 days. :hysterical:

Some word on how the 90% -10% being enforced on the first full week of the new terminals under contract will be interesting. Since the company will have to give it to the top 90% and not assign it to jobs. It should help all of us clarify the grievance on this issue. Being that the company will have to keep any new bid up for 14 days. :hysterical:

Yea,

You know how this is going to be handled...

You also know how we are going to find out...

The terminals are just going to post the daily schedule (as is) (without a re-bid)...

Just as if they had all ratified the same time that we did...

Then we will find out that's how they are doing it - a month down the road - once some of these new Teamsters start contributing to these boards...

The company is just going to get away with it…

Then these new terminals are going to get a determination the same time as the rest of us…

Yea,

You know how this is going to be handled...

You also know how we are going to find out...

The terminals are just going to post the daily schedule (as is) (without a re-bid)...

Just as if they had all ratified the same time that we did...

Then we will find out that's how they are doing it - a month down the road - once some of these new Teamsters start contributing to these boards...

The company is just going to get away with it…

Then these new terminals are going to get a determination the same time as the rest of us…

Not possible! They can't assign a senior man without a guarantee. They will have to go by the top 90%. The bid will take 14 days once posted.

I don't understand what you are asking, the new teminals will do it just like we do it.

They have 14 days to come up with a seniority list, and starting on the first day after ratification they will have the same guarantees as we do.

90% of there fulltime bids will be guaranteed 40 hours.

I don't understand what you are asking, the new teminals will do it just like we do it.

They have 14 days to come up with a seniority list, and starting on the first day after ratification they will have the same guarantees as we do.

90% of there fulltime bids will be guaranteed 40 hours.

There are currently no guarantees on the bids or newly certified terminals. The guarantees start on the first full workweek. A job bid is done twice a year(semi annual). The bid must be posted for 14 days. How do they assign the guarantees until the bid is done? The only way is by the top 90%. There is no other way. The intent of article 18 sec.2 was always 90% of all fulltime jobs. There has never been a time when a job was not bid. The unscheduled are bid also and are not excempt from the total. No where does it say that unscheduled are not BID JOBS. it only states that the company has a right to have sufficient # of unscheduled fulltimers to handle unscheduled and extra(work under consideration) ad hoc work. If they are not bid, then how do you assign them? Basically I am saying that the way the company interpited this article is a stretch at best and complete nonsense in reality. In my first pre-hearing we asked the labor manager what would stop the company from offering no bid jobs, there by, have no guarantees. His answer was "oh we wouldn't do that.' BULL SH!T If they thought they could get away with it they would have. So they knew they couldn't, so they conjoured up this Ad/hoc B.S. and hoped we would all lie down and accept it. 'WRONG!" :nutkick:

There are currently no guarantees on the bids or newly certified terminals. The guarantees start on the first full workweek. A job bid is done twice a year(semi annual). The bid must be posted for 14 days. How do they assign the guarantees until the bid is done? The only way is by the top 90%. There is no other way. The intent of article 18 sec.2 was always 90% of all fulltime jobs. There has never been a time when a job was not bid. The unscheduled are bid also and are not excempt from the total. No where does it say that unscheduled are not BID JOBS. it only states that the company has a right to have sufficient # of unscheduled fulltimers to handle unscheduled and extra(work under consideration) ad hoc work. If they are not bid, then how do you assign them? Basically I am saying that the way the company interpited this article is a stretch at best and complete nonsense in reality. In my first pre-hearing we asked the labor manager what would stop the company from offering no bid jobs, there by, have no guarantees. His answer was "oh we wouldn't do that.' BULL SH!T If they thought they could get away with it they would have. So they knew they couldn't, so they conjoured up this Ad/hoc B.S. and hoped we would all lie down and accept it. 'WRONG!" :nutkick:

Overnite and I understood Your opening thread the same way...

You already have Established Peddle Runs and Start Times...

It is already determined who is starting at what time and peddling what area...

Your first week job starts will be reflective of that predetermined understanding...

Subsequent weeks will be posted the same way until Your Terminal Bid's

(Your Terminal is Required to Post a Bid within 30 Day's from Ratification)

With the only difference being that the bottom 10% will be listed as "Not Guaranteed" (Ad Hoc)

Everyone else (90%) will be doing what they are already doing until You all start establishing your terminals own specific Work Rules, Past Practices and Maintenance Standards...

The Only Difference that the 90% is going to experience is that Your Start Times will need to be Posted the Friday before Your next Work Week - If the Company Chooses to Manipulate Your Start Times by Up to Two (2) Hours...

Overnite and I understood Your opening thread the same way...

You already have Established Peddle Runs and Start Times...

It is already determined who is starting at what time and peddling what area...

Your first week job starts will be reflective of that predetermined understanding...

Subsequent weeks will be posted the same way until Your Terminal Bid's

(Your Terminal is Required to Post a Bid within 30 Day's from Ratification)

With the only difference being that the bottom 10% will be listed as "Not Guaranteed" (Ad Hoc)

Everyone else (90%) will be doing what they are already doing until You all start establishing your terminals own specific Work Rules, Past Practices and Maintenance Standards...

The Only Difference that the 90% is going to experience is that Your Start Times will need to be Posted the Friday before Your next Work Week - If the Company Chooses to Manipulate Your Start Times by Up to Two (2) Hours...

At several terminals they pulled 15% of the fulltimers out of the guaranteed group now over 20% of fulltimers not guaranteed, per that line at the bottom of article18 sec.2. That is the bullshit!

At several terminals they pulled 15% of the fulltimers out of the guaranteed group now over 20% of fulltimers not guaranteed, per that line at the bottom of article18 sec.2. That is the bullshit!

That's where this line comes into play...

...start establishing your terminals own specific Work Rules, Past Practices and Maintenance Standards...

It's going to be all about what You and Your Terminal Fights for (Stands for)

Maintenance Standards are required here...

Is everyone on Your Current Seniority List - Scheduled Daily?

Have You all been keeping copies of Your Daily Work Schedules?

Hopefully You have...

You will be able to utilize this information to limit how many are affected by the 10% language...

As well as use it to Establish Your First Bid (Peddle Areas, Start Times, Assigned Drivers / Dock Workers and Unassigned Drivers / Dockworkers)...

The best way to avoid this is to copy the schedule from the start of the contract weekly to determin what the consistant work load is, therefore one can use the maintenance of standards article to determin what the % of the workforce will be gauranteed both in past practice as opposed to present practice. Take a total of local cartage drivers , divide this awnser by 10%, and this is the total of the workforce that is 10%. My question is, in times of layoff, does this percentage (10%) change in respect to the workforce working at that time?

The best way to avoid this is to copy the schedule from the start of the contract weekly to determin what the consistant work load is, therefore one can use the maintenance of standards article to determin what the % of the workforce will be gauranteed both in past practice as opposed to present practice. Take a total of local cartage drivers , divide this awnser by 10%, and this is the total of the workforce that is 10%. My question is, in times of layoff, does this percentage (10%) change in respect to the workforce working at that time?

Just as I would Fight - Tooth and Nail - to Limit the 10% as much as possible...

I would Challenge Any Lay-off with Language contained in:

Article 40
Change of Operations

Section 1.

(a)
The Employer agrees that prior to any change in its operation that will result in a change of domicile and/or possible layoff of seniority employees, it shall notify the affected Local Union(s) in writing and then meet jointly with them to inform them of the proposed changes

These Terminals haven't Hired enough New Employee's to Warrant any Lay-off's!

Matter of Fact...

With this Challenge I would address Management with the need for more attention on Sales Departments to get off their Azz's - and get out there and get some more business!

What happened to this company Increasing in size (when I was hired - I was told that UPS planed Us to be Five Times it's Size in Five Years... Well, with Two in the Books... I've seen Three New Hires... and No New Business...)

The Economy isn't a Reasonable Excuse!

This is: UPS

It's Sales!

One Sales Rep... Isn't Enough!

Just as I would Fight - Tooth and Nail - to Limit the 10% as much as possible...

Article 40
Change of Operations

Section 1.

(a)
The Employer agrees that prior to any change in its operation that will result in a change of domicile and/or possible layoff of seniority employees, it shall notify the affected Local Union(s) in writing and then meet jointly with them to inform them of the proposed changes

Matter of Fact...

With this Challenge I would address Management with the need for more attention on Sales Departments to get off their Azz's - and get out there and get some more business!

What happened to this company Increasing in size (when I was hired - I was told that UPS planed Us to be Five Times it's Size in Five Years... Well, with Two in the Books... I've seen Three New Hires... and No New Business...)

It's Sales!

At best, this is 'QUASI-UPS FREIGHT'. We have the diad's and the uniforms and a small % of the branded equipment, but the company is still ovnt in the nuts and bolts. :TR10driving03:

NikDiesel, if I may suggest you include DAMAGES and CLAIMS in your above post. I do wonder if many of our fellow employees actually know the amount of money is lost to US due to the above mentioned DAMAGED freight.

Work safe and thanks for posting!

NikDiesel, if I may suggest you include DAMAGES and CLAIMS in your above post. I do wonder if many of our fellow employees actually know the amount of money is lost to US due to the above mentioned DAMAGED freight.

Work safe and thanks for posting!

The only way to Eliminate this Legitimate Concern - is for Us to Grow!

Our Terminals are too Small...

Our Facilities and Equipment are Outdated...

And from an Operational Standpoint - We would have to Convert Our Linehaul Operation to something Similar to say... New Penn...

New Penn - has the Best Claim's Ratio in the Business!

Everything is Run on Van's - Nothing is Double Stacked and They Think Nothing of Running - Half Full...

Just Cutting - On Time...

Any Company that Run's Pup's and Relies upon Cubing Out a Trailer - is going to be Subjected to Claims...

It's Inevitable!

The Key Point that I'm trying to make here is that We as a Group need to Focus more Attention on Blaming Management (or in this case - Sales) for this Companies Failures...

Diversion of Any and All Attention to Any Other Possible System Failures - from Us!

Management Is Responsible for Our Claims!

Not Us!

We are doing what they tell us to do... and doing it with what We have...

That's it.

The only way to Eliminate this Legitimate Concern - is for Us to Grow!

Our Terminals are too Small...

Our Facilities and Equipment are Outdated...

And from an Operational Standpoint - We would have to Convert Our Linehaul Operation to something Similar to say... New Penn...

New Penn - has the Best Claim's Ratio in the Business!

Everything is Run on Van's - Nothing is Double Stacked and They Think Nothing of Running - Half Full...

Just Cutting - On Time...

Any Company that Run's Pup's and Relies upon Cubing Out a Trailer - is going to be Subjected to Claims...

It's Inevitable!

The Key Point that I'm trying to make here is that We as a Group need to Focus more Attention on Blaming Management (or in this case - Sales) for this Companies Failures...

Diversion of Any and All Attention to Any Other Possible System Failures - from Us!

Management Is Responsible for Our Claims!

Not Us!

We are doing what they tell us to do... and doing it with what We have...

That's it.

Claims begin at the pickup point. Then if the trailers dont have etrack or strapping, how can one secure the freight properly from shifting ? I do agree with you that cubing the freight causes more damage .......Dont be blaming management think of the whole process first.....

There will always be claims when we cube out the linehaul. 10 pounds of sh!t does not fit in a 5 pound bag.:hysterical:

Sure it does. Just watch them on the dock when they want to get that last pallet on the trailer and it sticks out 5 inches to far to get the door closed. They back up and ram it a couple times and presto-chango,,,it fits.

Claims begin at the pickup point. Then if the trailers dont have etrack or strapping, how can one secure the freight properly from shifting ? I do agree with you that cubing the freight causes more damage .......Dont be blaming management think of the whole process first.....

First things first, one must spend money to make money, what the hell happened to dunnage? It seems to have dissapeared.:hide:

Article 40
Change of Operations

Section 1.

(a) The Employer agrees that prior to any change in its operation that will result in a change of domicile and/or possible layoff of seniority employees, it shall notify the affected Local Union(s) in writing and then meet jointly with them to inform them of the proposed changes

Matter of Fact...

It's Sales!

Allthough I agree with you nik, layoff will be inevitable. In this case does the 10% change per % of people left after layoff, the contract does not say?

Allthough I agree with you nik, layoff will be inevitable. In this case does the 10% change per % of people left after layoff, the contract does not say?

Contract says 90% of ft employees holding bid jobs, if there not holding bid jobs and laid off then the non guaranteed 10% would be smaller.

Contract says 90% of ft employees holding bid jobs, if there not holding bid jobs and laid off then the non guaranteed 10% would be smaller.

What is a non-bid job? At my terminal all jobs are bid, including unscheduled, and any person can bid on them per seniority.