FedEx Freight | 90 days?

Plague300

TB Lurker
Credits
Alright whats everyone's opinion?
Do you think there is a good chance to be called back in 90 days?
Doesn't seem like enough time for the economy to me.
I believe its going to pick up, I just don't know if it will be in 90 days.

My opinion, no. They did this to me, the guy below me, the six that just got laid off and four others last April. We were off for three months, came back, still told us no one would lose their job, and two and a half months later, me and the guy below had our positions eliminated. Yet they were still working over time and the part timers, well a select few, were still working. Now I'm part time, worked two days a week for the last two and a half months and got the call the day full timers laid off to tell me not to call for work everyday until I hear from HR. Could be a month could be three. If more than 90 days, I won't have a job either. I figured with National turning into Freight, being part time, would worry so much about not working, but I guess we'll have to see what pans out.

No, not enough time to bring jobs back. They will fill the extra runs with City/Combo drivers. While us drivers that were put on the bottom of the city board or back on the dock will be doing just that, working the dock. I have been around the trucking industry all of my life and have never seen business pick up in January or February.

Where did you hear that National would be turning into Freight?

Just my opinion. When I started back part time, we had a pre shift meeting with ATM, who is from freight. The full time guys asked about replacing the full time people that had been eliminated and the ones that quit or got fired since we were below the full time people allowed, he said from here on out, they would be replaced with part time people. Only full time hires would be driver/dock. Sounds to me like Freight. When FedEx bought us out, one of the full time guys was working at Freight part time. He had to qiut over there and told us the only full time dock workers over there were drivers. Seems to me that National is trying it's best to weed out as many full time dock as they can. Now the new rule is a driver with less than a year of seniority has more dock seniority than anyone on the dock. Even if they've been there 20 years. Which means, if it's slow the full time dock get forced home off the dock before the drivers are told to stay home until there run time. Pretty crappy if you ask me.:nutkick:

national isnt turning into freight..........

i wouldnt bet on getting a call back.

That's why I'm looking for work elsewhere. I like my job and the people I work with, but the place has gone to the crapper!
I sure won't reapply if I don't go back before 90 days. They can get new part timers that don't have a clue after they weed out all the full time dock by starving them out or firing them for stupid write ups like clocking in one minute early from lunch. There have been write ups for 30 seconds early. WTF! Trying to weed them out!

the reason the guy working part time on the dock in cci fxf had to leave when fdx bought watkins is because of an overtime issue. if he had worked at national for 8 hrs and came to freight for 4 hrs, he would have to be paid overtime. that happened to a some guys that worked for ground and worked at freight part time when fdx bought af.

its very hard times right now.....i just feel bad for everyone affected...

Not enough time.

Alright whats everyone's opinion?
Do you think there is a good chance to be called back in 90 days?
Doesn't seem like enough time for the economy to me.
I believe its going to pick up, I just don't know if it will be in 90 days.
It is the slow time right now, no matter what the economy is doing. Just being honost with u MUDDER. The slow time starts about now til March/April. The shirts r usually begging people to take time off, paid or unpaid, if u have the personal/vacation time left or not to cover it.