XPO | 90% or 85%???????? RANT

paul wall

TB Lurker
Credits
well, ive been at CF for a year now. up untill january 1st it was great. as of 1-1-6. freight came to a screeching hault. flex board turned maybe twice a week. things have picked up recently and we have since hired more newbies. in one year i moved all the way up to the top of the flex. either from adding bids or people quitting that couldnt handle the job. well, theres this new vacation scedule with restricted weeks. no vacations at the end of each quarter. max of 13 dsr's off per week, selected weeks only 6 off. auto industry shut down for 2 weeks one of them happened on a restricted week. flex board turned once. sorry guys no vacations ford shut down were slammed joke*.......whatever. but more recently in the great lakes region, they took away angola meet and turn(2 bids lost) took our dayline to xbo (1 bid lost) cut xah reship (no bids lost due to freight redirection) and they even cut our esl to xgh(2bids and a back up bid lost) from what ive been told buy our personell director(union steward) a normal flex board is required to be at 90% when an esl bid is in place. well it took a while for our steward to get around to it(go figure) when we lost our esl (to cut costs :puke:) our nice little flex board of 10 drivers went to 14city flex and one road flex. that was met by by cutting bids. i went from #1 to #3 we now have 16 drivers on the city flex, and ONE road flex. cant b1tch to the management cause they'll stick it in your a$$. i understand whats fair is fair and company policy is hunky dory, but WTF? how do these people expect us to feed our families on 20 hrs a week??? freight is down, claims are up, rates are up, fuel surcharge is through the roof, but "were taking the steady path to excellence" F-that ever since the newly elected exec. board took power with the allmighty bearded one at the helm,(not just fat beards fault) this company is falling flat on its face. i have not been in the ltl business long but i ran a small trucking company before comming here to have a future for my family and myself and a place to retire at. economics is a tough concept for some to grasp. but the ones who know about it, its takes reliability, stamina, undercutting, and most of all. COMMON SENSE! in the trucking industry you have to eat money sometimes to make money. there is no way around it. "firing unprofitable companies" is not the way to go. every customer has a need, and every customer is a profit. nobody creates a business to lose money. its just COMMON SENSE. --end rant

I feel ya

Work has finally picked up alittle at our barn, but too little, too late. All those 25-30 hr weeks hurt me financially, had to go to the FOS and ask if I can come in earlier to get at least 40hrs a week, but again, too little too late.

When I came aboard (Nov 05) things were jumping here, guys on l/h were complaining about not getting enough rest because FAC was runnin 'em so hard. I could'nt wait to finish the training school because I wanted some of that l/h money...then things slowed waaay down.

Dunno what the real deal is, but it surely sux:confused:

Welcome ro the boards, Paul! You've found the place to rant, am I'm sure by the end of the weekend you will have found many, many like minded souls.

Again, Welcome.

Nobody

Welcome to the wonderfull word of Con-****. I've been here for 7 1/2 years and I'm trying to get out.All XGO cares about is thier own wallets. They don't care at all about their empoyees or the customer. That all changed as soon as Detter left @ 7 years ago. I heard that even with the disrespect we and the customers recieve they are making more money than before. Remember the Con-Way values? They want us to follow them but the feel they can throw them out of the window except when they want to cram them up your A$$

I have to agree with the first post, its not all Dave M's fault. Part of the blame has got to rest on the newly elected board.