TForce | 90% rule

renegadebaileys

TB Regular
Credits
How is the 90% rule working out at your terminal? As far as the road at HRS is concerned it doesn't. We have at 50 guys on call out of 250 drivers. You know it is bad when you have guys with almost 100 guys below them and they can not hold a single run at the largest terminal in the country.

What makes it worse is there is a bid hanging at the city for Road drivers.
And when nobody signs it they always hire more drivers.
It's like they are trying to to get so many road drivers, and only work most most of them part time...

What makes it worse is there is a bid hanging at the city for Road drivers.
And when nobody signs it they always hire more drivers.
It's like they are trying to to get so many road drivers, and only work most most of them part time...
Yep the same sign is hanging in road dispatch. I told a new guy he should sign it because it shows we have work. Only work we have is for s c a b s. Maybe the new BA can fix this in January. Don't hold your breathe though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in the city they ask the top drivers if they want a CC day and work as many drivers on the bottom as much as possible.
On the road side the just do a wheel and if your cancelled or can't hold a bid then your on call. It gets really bad this time of year because the extra board goes from about 25 to over 50 because the cancel all of the sleeper runs every time there is a holiday

we have an xtraboard road position up for over 2 months now, city drivers are NOT interested and they are not finding many street takers.. if they do find someone they are not qualified for some reason or another.

we have an xtraboard road position up for over 2 months now, city drivers are NOT interested and they are not finding many street takers.. if they do find someone they are not qualified for some reason or another.
Why would anyone want to go from city to road to sit by a phone all day?

Why would anyone want to go from city to road to sit by a phone all day?

They wont... I'm #1 road driver and will probably retire in 3 years and when I go the extraboard driver will move up to a schedule bid. we have some city drivers who have been there 20+ years and have talked about going to the road in the past to retire...Now they know unless they make a sacrifice they wont get my position. So hire em off the street and in 3 years not only will they be at top pay but will be sitting with a guaranteed scheduled bid making way more than the top city driver. I got lucky,When our extraboard position opened up I used my senority to move to the extraboard 6 months before the #1 road driver retired, that was 10 years ago.

I wanted to go there I was well qualified, but when you got a wife and kids its hard to take a chance of sitting by the phone, heck I went through my slow downs at Estes, but that is a long story.