TForce | A bit of advice from a union grunt.

Union Grunt

TB Lurker
Credits
Don't sweat the B.S. at UPS Freight. Most all things done or said by your local Tm or supervisor are not worth getting upset about, I for one just listen with amusement, when they tell me this is how it's going to be or this is how we will do it or else. Corrective action is a traffic citation. The grievance panel is our courtroom. Remember, they have to prove you guilty and produce evidence that you have been trained and where instructed. We all know that most of our training, is pencil whipped. Do your job to the best of your ability and let the threats and accusations run off your back. We now have a process to challenge all the wrongs committed against us, and we must learn to be patient with the process.Regional grievances run in a two month cycle and the National grievances will be resolved in a few weeks. Good luck. fellow union grunts!:clap:

Don't sweat the B.S. at UPS Freight. Most all things done or said by your local Tm or supervisor are not worth getting upset about, I for one just listen with amusement, when they tell me this is how it's going to be or this is how we will do it or else. Corrective action is a traffic citation. The grievance panel is our courtroom. Remember, they have to prove you guilty and produce evidence that you have been trained and where instructed. We all know that most of our training, is pencil whipped. Do your job to the best of your ability and let the threats and accusations run off your back. We now have a process to challenge all the wrongs committed against us, and we must learn to be patient with the process.Regional grievances run in a two month cycle and the National grievances will be resolved in a few weeks. Good luck. fellow union grunts!:clap:
I like this union grunt guy!!:1036316054:Teamster Elvis out....

This place is still a country club. I worked for big brother for a few.....as BTO's song goes......."You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"!!! Just do your jobs, watch your brothers and sister back and quit the belly aching. I'm sorry that you have to work now and are accountable. This isn't your momma's "O" anymore.

So far I'm not impressed with the union and especially local 150. Can't get them to even call you back. I think I'll take my dues off automatic withdraw the first of the month and pay it monthly myself. That way when I get no response from my BA I can call and leave a message. No representation this month no dues this month.:woot:

So far I'm not impressed with the union and especially local 150. Can't get them to even call you back. I think I'll take my dues off automatic withdraw the first of the month and pay it monthly myself. That way when I get no response from my BA I can call and leave a message. No representation this month no dues this month.:woot:

Just how do you get the automatic payment cancelled.
I think I am just as ipressed with this whole thing as you are.

On the other hand you could take a look at all the other company's union and non union that are taking away pay raises, bonuses and benefits along with long lists of layoffs. We have a contract that protects us from the company crying poverty and taking away our benefits and raises. Watch all the other company's in the next month. They will take and take like you have never seen. All and all, I'm happy to have this contract.

On the other hand you could take a look at all the other company's union and non union that are taking away pay raises, bonuses and benefits along with long lists of layoffs. We have a contract that protects us from the company crying poverty and taking away our benefits and raises. Watch all the other company's in the next month. They will take and take like you have never seen. All and all, I'm happy to have this contract.

But what if UPSF cries poverty? They need concessions to compete? What then? Personally, I say reopen the damn contract & get language that gets the contractors out & has less railing. Reopen anything the employees feel needs to change. Then we could talk about givebacks. That said, we will never have to worry about giving anything back. They will use more outside labor to lower the costs. Wonderful life isn't it?

Buster, I would have to agree, I see people up here in certain companies who work around $9.00\hr and pay $150.00 a week for thier INS. alone, and the ins. pays way less then ours, these people have not seen more then maybe $.10 raises in the past 5 years and this year is getting none at all, allthough this contract is considered "weak" by most the payraises are above standard, the INS. is good pending on how one uses it, and my monthly premium is little in comparison to before.

There is alot to be thankful for in this contract. I think people as a group in this company have tasted the nectar of prosperity for so long, that when a company has to cut back due to a weak economy, a week economy trailed by foresight by this company (THANK GOD) we should consider ourselves lucky we recieved the contract we did recieved.

I would have to honestly say again, and I will say it again, "O" would not be here now if it were not for UPS.

So I think most should keep that in mind before sputtering how bad this contract really is. There is good and bad in everything, we must learn how to tailor it to our benifit.

Yes, there is good. There is some horribly bad. Contractors running while we get laid off comes to mind. The wording of the dang thing is also terrible. So many gray areas. For people with experience writing contracts, we should have gotten much better. And please, don't give me the "it's a first contract". It's not the first one the Teamsters negotiated. I would have expected this from APWA. Not the Teamsters.

Yes, there is good. There is some horribly bad. Contractors running while we get laid off comes to mind. The wording of the dang thing is also terrible. So many gray areas. For people with experience writing contracts, we should have gotten much better. And please, don't give me the "it's a first contract". It's not the first one the Teamsters negotiated. I would have expected this from APWA. Not the Teamsters.

No matter what the wording, a lawyer will always find a way to twist it. That is what the grievance panel is for.

But what if UPSF cries poverty? They need concessions to compete? What then? Personally, I say reopen the damn contract & get language that gets the contractors out & has less railing. Reopen anything the employees feel needs to change. Then we could talk about givebacks. That said, we will never have to worry about giving anything back. They will use more outside labor to lower the costs. Wonderful life isn't it?

UPS was way ahead of everyone else. Our contract was designed for the company to be flexible and competitive with all freight carriers union and non union. There won't be any changes to this contract until 2013.