TForce | A bit of advice from a union grunt.

buster, i would have to agree, i see people up here in certain companies who work around $9.00\hr and pay $150.00 a week for thier ins. Alone, and the ins. Pays way less then ours, these people have not seen more then maybe $.10 raises in the past 5 years and this year is getting none at all, allthough this contract is considered "weak" by most the payraises are above standard, the ins. Is good pending on how one uses it, and my monthly premium is little in comparison to before.

There is alot to be thankful for in this contract. I think people as a group in this company have tasted the nectar of prosperity for so long, that when a company has to cut back due to a weak economy, a week economy trailed by foresight by this company (thank god) we should consider ourselves lucky we recieved the contract we did recieved.

I would have to honestly say again, and i will say it again, "o" would not be here now if it were not for ups.

So i think most should keep that in mind before sputtering how bad this contract really is. There is good and bad in everything, we must learn how to tailor it to our benifit.

100%:1036316054:

Two facts come to mind:

1) Unions work harder for their members living within Right To Work states.
2) Union membership is voluntary for everyone (read your Teamster Application And Notice form).

While the contract is written on swiss cheese,it is the first contract. It is subject to interpretation and grievances. As decisions are won(or lost), those rulings will be in our next contract. I have always said "be careful of the precedents you set now,for they can come back to bite you later" !

Two facts come to mind:

1) Unions work harder for their members living within Right To Work states.
2) Union membership is voluntary for everyone (read your Teamster Application And Notice form).

To an extent it is voluntary. You must be union to work for the company in non-right-to-work states. I'm sure there are some employees that were left with no option but to join the union if they wanted to keep their job.