Central Transport | A Bit of Sunshine!

SouthernSeven

TB Lurker
Credits
VTNC was as low as $4.38 on the seventeenth and has risen for the last few days with more purchases than shorts. It sits at $4.80 about 30 minutes before the closing bell today the twenty second of May 2013.
Hopefully it will move in an upward direction from here.

VTNC was as low as $4.38 on the seventeenth and has risen for the last few days with more purchases than shorts. It sits at $4.80 about 30 minutes before the closing bell today the twenty second of May 2013.
Hopefully it will move in an upward direction from here.
I will not rain on your parade. I will remain optimistic and hope you are correct. Vitran remains a wild roller coaster ride with its ups and downs. I hope the trend remains in an upward direction and we can reach our full potential. Honestly I do get tired of being negative about this company but they really haven't given us much to work with to this point. So I will leave you with an old "AIR FORCE" motto.........The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer.

I enjoy following the stock market. It is the only reality show I watch. I know a little about it and am enough of a nerd to educate myself on it. Runaway is right. It is a roller coster. Too the stock price is not tied to the fortune or misfortune of the workers in a one to one way. If Vitran cut our pay in half and kept service the same stock price would go up. If I thought someone was going to buy Vitran for six dollars a share I would buy as much as i coukd for five fifty. Who knows what the stocm price means for us or anyone else for that matter.

I will say in general it could be a good thing for us if the price is higher.

WOOHOO!

1277118253_rollercoaster-pov.gif

Oh yeah, you must know a picture is worth a 1000 words! I'm sure if I owned any VTNC I would feel exactly like that picture implies. I spoke with the family member who works for Vitran and he was told by another (heard it through the grapevine) that things are going to improve. As far as I'm concerned it remains to be seen. I'd NEVER suggest purchasing this stock, nor would I advise selling if someone holds it. My post are simply a reminder to all concerned that if you do not watch the stock there are movements that are "a bit out of the ordinary" or more than the penny or two change we usually see. Sometimes there is absolutely no explaination as to why it jumps or drops. Then on the other hand someone may have information relevant that would explain the move. Enjoyed the ride! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Keep those videos coming.........

Anybody heard how much we lost in April ???
It would only be speculation unless you are in upper level management....If I had to guess I would say around 2 million because I have seen a significant increase in the bill count at our terminal. And perhaps we could even break even for the quarter, but that remains to be seen and I am trying to remain optimistic. At least for now.

It would only be speculation unless you are in upper level management....If I had to guess I would say around 2 million because I have seen a significant increase in the bill count at our terminal. And perhaps we could even break even for the quarter, but that remains to be seen and I am trying to remain optimistic. At least for now.

From what I've heard, bill count is still running 2500 bills lower than a year ago and rate increases did not take when implemented. We also have lost a 1/3 of our sales force and most of those were the cream, not the bottom feeder non producers. They remain and for whatever reason don't get fired and replaced. I assure you Train, I am hearing loss for April in excess of 5 million coming out of IND.

From what I've heard, bill count is still running 2500 bills lower than a year ago and rate increases did not take when implemented. We also have lost a 1/3 of our sales force and most of those were the cream, not the bottom feeder non producers. They remain and for whatever reason don't get fired and replaced. I assure you Train, I am hearing loss for April in excess of 5 million coming out of IND.

payoff your credit cards and don't make any big purchases boys. they could possibly impliment concessions, freeze o.t. before this thing is over.

payoff your credit cards and don't make any big purchases boys. they could possibly impliment concessions, freeze o.t. before this thing is over.

don't forget sometime after the 1st (2nd half of year) we are suppose to get raises.....25 cents an hour if we are lucky.

I just heard about a Canadian LTL trucking company opening a terminal in Chicago in two months. Not good for Vitran business.

I just heard about a Canadian LTL trucking company opening a terminal in Chicago in two months. Not good for Vitran business.

Vitran does less than 30 million a year in crossborder business. This will not impact our bottom line at all.

Vitran does less than 30 million a year in crossborder business. This will not impact our bottom line at all.

That's pretty sad when a company that specializes in Canadian freight screws up the lane so badly that nobody wants to use you.

actually, that is a lot when you look at our gross.......after you figure in the losses.......5 to 8 percents,,,still a lot

last year we spent 12M on damage and lost low 20's............. see the point?