ABF | A call back for work!!!!!!!!!!

rollinstone

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello Guys a little history here. Worked at ABF Little Rock Yard during summer for about a month.Ran 1 week out of that month had to resign in order to provide income. Just received a call for interview. Now I know your in negotiations. Question is there a possible strike and there getting there ducks in row for Drivers or is Freight picking up. Would love to come back but not if I'm going to sit at home.
Any Advise from you guy's would be appreciated. Thanks

Picking up in the mide west slow this winter but picking up,2,yrs in worked all winter won way other other....come on in water is fine.no talk of strike just won't to vote on contract

Guess there is not much of a opinion on this then!
Roll the Dice and take my chances. Thanks
Maybe there lining up Strike Busters Huh ?

One of the most effective signs I saw on a picket line was one that read "Your Family Knows You're A ****"....sure would make me think. No, Brother,...don't go to StrikeBreakers, Inc. ABF will be here.....maybe not quite in the form we like, but if you're younger, I'd stick it out for the long term. As long as we have contractual rights, we can always try to make a bad agreement better. And....a bad agreement is still better than "employee-at-will."

One of the most effective signs I saw on a picket line was one that read "Your Family Knows You're A ****"....sure would make me think. No, Brother,...don't go to StrikeBreakers, Inc. ABF will be here.....maybe not quite in the form we like, but if you're younger, I'd stick it out for the long term. As long as we have contractual rights, we can always try to make a bad agreement better. And....a bad agreement is still better than "employee-at-will."

Just trying to find out how freight is running,not wanting to give up a Job to sit at home.
Got a response though,LOL

I just don't have an answer for you. Except that I doubt that there will be a strike and if there is I doubt that there would be strike breakers involved. They couldn't get enough of them to make any difference in the business. Maybe it's a sign that ABF feels better about negotiations. I do know that they expect an exodus of elderlies after the contract. Well they did about a year ago when they thought that they were going to get a better deal for themselves anyway.

Yes, that's one thing. ABF does have a lot of "elderlies". Just a matter of time, Brother Rollinstone, if you can hold out.