Estes | A comparison thread

TiredDvrsWife

TB Veteran
Credits
A new terminal is opening up in another town where my son is living and he's looking for a different line of work. Wondering what the difference is between Estes and Conway? Not wanting to start controversy, just that CW is my known starting point.

Go with what ya know and see what else compares. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Estes gets a pay increase.... Conway gets a decrease.... Estes WINS!!!:clap::biglaugh::bananapowerslide:

I think he would be very comfortable at Estes.

Legshot, you need to knock off the rah,rah,sis boom ba stuff. Your gonna give us a good name,man.I'm gonna go take my meds now.

Estes gets a pay increase.... Conway gets a decrease.... Estes WINS!!!:clap::biglaugh::bananapowerslide:

That's a hard post to argue with. I guess a person can go to their forum and read then come here and read. Keep in mind that we probably only make 1% of the employee's for each company. If I was on the outside looking in and didn't know anything about any company but only what I read here. I would have to say, "Wallyworld and Big E are the only 2 companies that stand out above the rest!":shades:

A new terminal is opening up in another town where my son is living and he's looking for a different line of work. Wondering what the difference is between Estes and Conway? Not wanting to start controversy, just that CW is my known starting point.

Go with what ya know and see what else compares. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I have worked at both, and I've made the comparison before of Conway kinda like being the Marines, whereas us Estes guys are more like the dudes swilling $1 drinks at the VFW.

This company is a lot more laid back, and has about 50% less paperwork and departments with their own agendas.

every driver thats came from conway wishes they done it [came to estes] long ago

My son has never worked for a trucking company. He is a mechanic and works on machinery: printing presses, cup makers for the clown with the happy meals, etc. Also on cars/trucks at previous jobs He's asked his dad to help him get his CDL due to mechanic jobs being scarce at the moment. His job now takes him out of town for weeks at a time and he has a toddler that misses his dad. Those two are pretty much joined at the hip.

I love watching that grandson, he's more fun than watching a pet raccoon tear the house down. So far he's knocked the tv out of the entertainment center... at 16 months. The front screen is solid plexi glass because my grandson ripped through the other one.

Or maybe my son wants to stay home to PROTECT his tv & furniture?? Ahhh... revenge is sweet for the grandparents LOL!! :biglaugh:

If he didn't have a family to support I'd tell him to get a job as a dock hand first but I think most of those jobs at the moment are part time, right? The towns nearby are all fairly small so the job openings aren't very plentiful at the moment.
My husband's place doesn't have any dockhands at the moment.

Thank you everyone for the information :thumbsup:

My son has never worked for a trucking company. He is a mechanic and works on machinery: printing presses, cup makers for the clown with the happy meals, etc. Also on cars/trucks at previous jobs He's asked his dad to help him get his CDL due to mechanic jobs being scarce at the moment. His job now takes him out of town for weeks at a time and he has a toddler that misses his dad. Those two are pretty much joined at the hip.

I love watching that grandson, he's more fun than watching a pet raccoon tear the house down. So far he's knocked the tv out of the entertainment center... at 16 months. The front screen is solid plexi glass because my grandson ripped through the other one.

Or maybe my son wants to stay home to PROTECT his tv & furniture?? Ahhh... revenge is sweet for the grandparents LOL!! :biglaugh:

If he didn't have a family to support I'd tell him to get a job as a dock hand first but I think most of those jobs at the moment are part time, right? The towns nearby are all fairly small so the job openings aren't very plentiful at the moment.
My husband's place doesn't have any dockhands at the moment.

Thank you everyone for the information :thumbsup:

If your son has a chance to get on at either place on the dock while he gets his CDL, that is definitely the way to go. Both companies love moving people up (mgr already knows ya).

I have worked at both, and I've made the comparison before of Conway kinda like being the Marines, whereas us Estes guys are more like the dudes swilling $1 drinks at the VFW.

This company is a lot more laid back, and has about 50% less paperwork and departments with their own agendas.

Estes is more like the movie STRIPES...

I have often called Estes, " the special olympics of trucking"....

We all get a medal, but still get the job done and cross the finish line! :biglaugh:

Estes is more like the movie STRIPES...

I have often called Estes, " the special olympics of trucking"....

We all get a medal, but still get the job done and cross the finish line! :biglaugh:

Hey! I resemble that remark sir!

Wait a minute....you got a medal? How come I ain't got one yet?

I'll go look in OS&D maybe it's in there......

Medals and Ribbons: no one is left out. If you don't get an award for being in 1-3rd place then you get a 'at least you showed up and did something' award. Do they give one for standing around looking stoopid? LOL! I'll get that for my husband, it's his 'look' when he gets home *evil laff*

Amazing how my husband can go to work, get everything done, people respect his experience/knowledge but as soon as he crosses our property line he becomes.....STOOPID!!

Or maybe I just have too much knowledge?? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

LOL! Neutral, now that sounds good. One time he's standing in front of the fridge, drinking out of a container instead of a glass (!!!!) yelling for me. I come running and he says....'can you make me a sandwich?'

Let's say he couldn't sit comfortably for a while....

How bout taking it out and puttin' it on the shelf.When I get home, all I want to do is make me a hot bath and let Calgon take me away.

The wifes at work so she can't take me away..........Anyway.

Can't say as I blame him for trying TDW. I tryed once.Once,a verry long time ago.Still don't have that sandwich.Of course I think I lost part of my memory of that day too. Can't seem to find my cast iron skillet. Don't know what happened to it.