Estes | A driver with a 400 mile turn excused from working mandatory sundays

righturnclyde

Banned
Credits
While the rest of us have to do an extra day. There are certain problem childs, azz kissers and buddy buddy people who are being excused from working an extra day. At our barn there's an employee who got himself excused from mandatory SUNDAYS with a 400 mile meet. He purposely plays himself to be late all the time, and claims he don't have hours. Its only a 7 hour run. The rest of us should do this since rules are only for a certain "few" of us!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the xtra sunday shouldnt be for extra board drivers, they already have the least home time and your right a 400 mile schedule guy should be first on the list and then some of these gravy hub schedule runs next to work an extra day. I will call richmond monday morning and have this corrected.

I think the xtra sunday shouldnt be for extra board drivers, they already have the least home time and your right a 400 mile schedule guy should be first on the list and then some of these gravy hub schedule runs next to work an extra day. I will call richmond monday morning and have this corrected.
If you get Rob on the phone, tell him my a/c is still only cooling to 60° and not 55°

The new one I just got,just went in for it's first service...I wonder if it will break 45 mph when I get it back...Oh well, if they didn't screw with the A/C. I'll be happy,it's to 55 degrees..

Extra board having to do a sixth day is complete BS. Yea we dont contribute to the lack of drivers in the northeast because they cant keep drivers on for more than a month. Bring on the dolts from down south to cover it ,like always...

Can't run it in the daytime, 36 hours aren't up yet. Unless you run a daytime schedule during the week.

You don't have to do a 34 hour restart. So many drivers try to use that to keep from working but the fact is that 34 hour restart only gives you a full 70 as long as you don't go over 70 you could work 365 days a year.

You don't have to do a 34 hour restart. So many drivers try to use that to keep from working but the fact is that 34 hour restart only gives you a full 70 as long as you don't go over 70 you could work 365 days a year.

8.75 a day works. Truth be told, the big money runs can work the 6th day also.

Who the hell wants to work 70 hours a week, if you have to work that much to get by, good luck down the road after your a** is wore out. But then again get rid of those categories and go by Company Seniority and I would feel more like working a 6th day.
But hey got to move to Tues night Start, guy quit so I get to move up a notch, 11 years and one from the bottom on Extra board just cause I was insane I guess to become a HUB driver. Tues really sucks for the 6th day cause you go out on Monday, so most likely the ones working extra will be Tues and WEDS starts, so you can tell that 400 mile turn guy hes got it made!!

i run a 600 mile turn out of 093. They make us run extra. If we don't have enough hours for our Saturday, they just have to cancell it or find someone to fill in. So a 400 mile turn driver should be made to work. As you said some people with this company have their own rules.

i run a 600 mile turn out of 093. They make us run extra. If we don't have enough hours for our Saturday, they just have to cancell it or find someone to fill in. So a 400 mile turn driver should be made to work. As you said some people with this company have their own rules.

Then according to the memo, YOU ARE EXEMPT...It stated clearly in the memo recieved from Linehaul Operations:Per Marvin B. "If a driver is assigned to a run that allows him to run out of hours by working an extra day or prohibits him from running his assigned run the following week, DO NOT PUT HIM IN THE "P" PLAN"...Review the memo and show it to your terminal manager...It's in there..I think it's in the second paragragh...

Thanks I'll check into that. But everybody knows 093 runs by it's own rules. We had 6th day, 3 months before the rest of company.

Thanks I'll check into that. But everybody knows 093 runs by it's own rules. We had 6th day, 3 months before the rest of company.

Then tell your TM to get you a truck that runs 73mph and maybe you can squeeze in a 6th day.....If not, tell him to go by the rules...(But remember,at Estes, all rules are written in pencil)

I know they are strict up there. They want their scheduled drivers to actually be on time or they get written up. I don't think our barn would have any drivers left if we had to follow such complicated rules.