ODFL | A few questions for ya

FedEx freight guy here. I have a few questions for you guys. I am on the west coast, and fedex is going downhill in a big hurry. We are losing drivers on a regular basis. Before I jump from the pan and into the fire, whats your company like? I see you guys drive nice equipment, you facilities are nice, but I can never seem to get to talk to one of your drivers, I see them in passing, but never at any of my stops. I have talked to a few old Priority drivers, and they have explained what they have heard, and you guys seem to be a pretty good company, with better pay than us, how about bennies? I know there is no perfect place to work, but, every since the fedex buyout, we have been going in a downward spiral, and I am thinkin about jumpin ship myself, so any info would be great.

Welcome to the O.D. forum cactus flower.Almost everyone on this forum is a driver and I'm sure they can help you.Until someone replies check the previous posts maybe they'll give you an idea of what's happening at O.D.

I worked there for three years, I think is was the least stressfull job I ever had. My only complaint was pay and bennies, bennies were a bit expensive and it seemed the pay was a bit low. I think they're at 45-48pm and my medical when I worked there five years ago was over 250.00 per month. But if you can get by that it really was a great place to work very little stress. Hope this helps.

i am on the east coast but really it is all about what you want in the job,the way i see it all of the companies are similar but all the terminals operate differntly so is it your terminal is going to crap or fed ex west

like was said bennies are not the best but not the worst either. pay depends on what you do here on east coast it about 22.00hr or .47cpm hope this helps

FedEx freight guy here. I have a few questions for you guys. I am on the west coast, and fedex is going downhill in a big hurry. We are losing drivers on a regular basis. Before I jump from the pan and into the fire, whats your company like? I see you guys drive nice equipment, you facilities are nice, but I can never seem to get to talk to one of your drivers, I see them in passing, but never at any of my stops. I have talked to a few old Priority drivers, and they have explained what they have heard, and you guys seem to be a pretty good company, with better pay than us, how about bennies? I know there is no perfect place to work, but, every since the fedex buyout, we have been going in a downward spiral, and I am thinkin about jumpin ship myself, so any info would be great.

cactus flower :toxic:

You are a very confused driver. First you start by saying that you are a FedEx Freight driver and later you say that things are not going well since the buyout. Which makes you a confused Watkins driver and not a FedEx Freight driver. Hope things get better for you after you figure out exactly which company you actually work for.

:smilie_132:

i know someone who left conway and went to OD. the pay is not as good or are the bennies, but he said there is no stress what so ever and the equipment is nice

People leave companies all the time, remember the phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side", this is not always the case. Yellow is not all that great of a company either. There is really no great company to work for, or we all would be there. Every company has its problems, you just have to learn to deal with it.

ill agree i was mad because they took me off line haul to do city work but i look at the positive thing about it i dont have to work friday nights anymore :beerchug:

People leave companies all the time, remember the phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side", this is not always the case. Yellow is not all that great of a company either. There is really no great company to work for, or we all would be there. Every company has its problems, you just have to learn to deal with it.

Gearbox :1036316054:

It would be nice if more drivers saw things the way you do.

:smilie_132:

like was said bennies are not the best but not the worst either. pay depends on what you do here on east coast it about 22.00hr or .47cpm hope this helps

Groundhog74,
Do you know what the starting pay is at OD?
What are the benefit plans? PPO? POS?
I'm putting in an application here in Chicago.
I think Mayhem666 said it was very little stress to work here. Does this mean I can actually put the Rolaids, Mylanta and Excederin away for a while?