Estes | A few questions

highvoltage

TB Lurker
Credits
Got an offer from Estes,whats orientation like and do you get paid for it, how much? position is regional extra board 109 yard loxley Alabama. Is the health insurance acceptable and when does it go into effect?

Got an offer from Estes,whats orientation like and do you get paid for it, how much? position is regional extra board 109 yard loxley Alabama. Is the health insurance acceptable and when does it go into effect?
I think that the benefits kick in in 90 days, I'm sure that they will show you some different kinds videos and taking care of some paperwork, and you should go out with one of the other drivers that have a daily out and back to train on the pups and the peoplenet system. I think that the video and paperwork pays by the hour and when you train with a driver that should be by the mile.

I think that the benefits kick in in 90 days, I'm sure that they will show you some different kinds videos and taking care of some paperwork, and you should go out with one of the other drivers that have a daily out and back to train on the pups and the peoplenet system. I think that the video and paperwork pays by the hour and when you train with a driver that should be by the mile.

60 days for benefits now. Insurance is decent. Cant put your wife on it if she’s able to get it from her employer.

Mobile is a small terminal. Might be a while before you can get a bid run. Lots of money to be made on extraboard though. Good luck.

Thank you for the answers,I put my notice in at my current job and I start at Estes March 10 I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Don't really want a bid run because I live 45 miles from the yard,I just hope the miles are up around 3000 for the week and on a consistent basis.I worked for saia back in the mid 90's for 3 yrs so I've pulled pups before no problem. Saia was great back then but a whole different machine now.Do you think Estes can keep me rolling without a lot of sitting around? I don't mind sitting around when I'm getting paid to do it but that's not the case here from what I hear. Been pulling a chemical tanker for the past 10 yrs but we got bought out by another company and miles went down, no safety bonus anymore, insurance more, just a bad deal for the driver all around. Any advice or wisdom on running with Estes would be appreciated,I think I may like this new gig.

Thank you for the answers,I put my notice in at my current job and I start at Estes March 10 I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Don't really want a bid run because I live 45 miles from the yard,I just hope the miles are up around 3000 for the week and on a consistent basis.I worked for saia back in the mid 90's for 3 yrs so I've pulled pups before no problem. Saia was great back then but a whole different machine now.Do you think Estes can keep me rolling without a lot of sitting around? I don't mind sitting around when I'm getting paid to do it but that's not the case here from what I hear. Been pulling a chemical tanker for the past 10 yrs but we got bought out by another company and miles went down, no safety bonus anymore, insurance more, just a bad deal for the driver all around. Any advice or wisdom on running with Estes would be appreciated,I think I may like this new gig.
Estes will run you, 100 grand easy on extra board, you will be gone Monday through Friday, good road job, best of luck to you

You’ll pull a lot of empties out of mobile. From there you’ll go to Atlanta or Memphis and then you’ll stay rolling within a 600-800 mile radius. 3,000 miles easy. Some guys get closer to 4,000 if they work extra. We’re busy as h*ck right now. You can make as much as you want to.

That's right!
Making money is one thing people don't complain about here
Truck drivers always seem to find something to complain about but making money is never one of them at the "E" unless someone they don't like gets one more mile than they do

You’ll pull a lot of empties out of mobile. From there you’ll go to Atlanta or Memphis and then you’ll stay rolling within a 600-800 mile radius. 3,000 miles easy. Some guys get closer to 4,000 if they work extra. We’re busy as h*ck right now. You can make as much as you want to.
Not trying to start anything, but “close to 4,000 a week”? You would have to average close to 70 mpg. All week long.

It's easily doable. I've ran a schedule of 3,300+ and was kinda worried about running outta hours. I mashed on it all week and didn't trash around.
Had 18 hours left

Not trying to start anything, but “close to 4,000 a week”? You would have to average close to 70 mpg. All week long.
Just think what you save on groceries, you sure as hell don't have time to eat.
Of course, if you run like this regularly, mama would probably have someone
helping her eat your groceries.

My kids are grown and gone. I ran hard for 3 years after they left and paid off my house. Debt free now and under 50 years old. Got a 380 mile Monday-Friday day run now. Nobody forced me to do anything I didn’t want to. It was worth it.

OK, sounds like you did it the right way.