TForce | A Few Questions

William3

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi, I'm a Yellow P&D driver looking to jump to TForce in the midwest. I have these questions right now.

1. Does the current "appearance policy" for new hires apply to hair length and beards?

2. Are city drivers held to a 60 hours in 7 days or 70 hours in 8 days max?

3. Do any of you have a forced 6th day at your terminal?

You can look like a complete dirtbag and work here.
It's a 70/8 but you'll never get those many hours.
If there is extra work on the weekends it's offered by seniority and force from the bottom if nobody takes it.

Your beard has to be neatly trimmed. Typically p&d is Monday thru Friday. Its rare for p&d to work any weekends. Generally 55 to 60 hours a week. Being a new hire you'll classified as a dock with CDL so you'll definitely work the dock when it's slow.

1) i don't know.

2) At my terminal, lately, we do push close to 55-60, and if you look at my checks this reflects that. i'm on the east coast though, so it may or may not apply to you.

3) VERY RARELY and even then it's usually residentials which i actually enjoy partially because of the tip thing. Working Saturdays here is actually pretty laid back---no rushing. The traffic is a little less congested etc.

If you can, i would wait until the contract terms are finalized and then make a move.

Actually, i'd like you to take a freight aptitude test (F.A.T.) to see if you are T-force material.

FREIGHT APTITUDE TEST:

1) Safety is number one at T-force T or F

2) It is always important to take care of the customer's freight T or F

3) It is always important to make appointment deadlines when delivering freight T or F

4) T-force is an LTL freight company. T or F

5) It is important that you work as safely as possible. T or F.

End of F.A.T. Part one.

i'd like to clarify my position regarding waiting to apply.

You may want to APPLY now----because i have a feeling there is going to be a mad rush to jump ship in a few days from a certain company with orange trucks.

If, by the time the contract is finalized and/or it turns out T-force isn't what you're looking for, you can always decline.

But if you wait until the contract comes out, then there MIGHT be a long line of applicants before you and you might not be able to get on.

But take the F.A.T. test first.

i'd like to clarify my position regarding waiting to apply.

You may want to APPLY now----because i have a feeling there is going to be a mad rush to jump ship in a few days from a certain company with orange trucks.

If, by the time the contract is finalized and/or it turns out T-force isn't what you're looking for, you can always decline.

But if you wait until the contract comes out, then there MIGHT be a long line of applicants before you and you might not be able to get on.

But take the F.A.T. test first.
Iā€™d wait until TFI buys ABF šŸ¤£