Central Transport | A look inside the real Matty Maroun.

ltlguy2013

TB Lurker
Credits
This is a year or so old. Back when Matty was fighting the state of Michigan taking his own land and building there own bridge to Canada in it.
I've met him...He's not a devil. He's not a "F off" person.
He is just as he says....he works hard and likes to be kept alone.
He is 87 years old. Works 6 days a week. Drives himself to and from work.
Speaks a lot about him right there....

Billionaire Matty Moroun 1 on1 with Charlie LeDuff - YouTube

just watched this and yes it does humanize him, what would be real nice (and he might do this) go to the Vitran terminals near his "back yard" and give the drivers some comfort, right now I hear the "team members" in Detroit are scared stiff on what is coming based on Manny's reputation, they have seen either first hand or thru working in the area just how his empire is ran, whether its him or the kids or just propaganda as he says in the interview. Would go a long way if Manny his son or the Regional VP of Central (former Pjax TM in Detroit) would come by and let us in on whats coming HONESTLY.

with the headquarters based in the same area as the det terminal, i imagine that would be the prime one to close if he closes any. headquarters is usually the biggest terminal in the company.

with the headquarters based in the same area as the det terminal, i imagine that would be the prime one to close if he closes any. headquarters is usually the biggest terminal in the company.

maybe he can add that to the list of all the other empty real estate he owns in Detroit area

This is business. There are no humans. There is no honesty. This is what America is built on. It baffels me how people keep expecting "humanity" and "honesty". There is no place for that in our sysytem. You are a cold number. You have little value and the goal of your boss is to make you worth less. Those are the rules folks. These are the rules we all agree are the best for our nation.

This guy is 80 and works six days a week. He drives his own car. This does not make his exceptional. My grandfathers did that too. A lot of people do that.

it was a win win for matty, he will absorb freight he wants, discard the rest and then he will work on dealing with the equipment and real estate. heck, he might even be able to write off some kind of operational loss of vitran while his dismantles it.