A lot of the info here is discouraging.

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart Drivers' started by 360baby, Jul 18, 2013.

1. 360baby

360baby New Member

20 plus years experience they want? I only have 16.
    Most of the hires are 45 and up? I'm only 39.
    On paper I probably don't stack up against the 20 year older vets. But the interview is where I would excel. My honesty and integrity would definitely score huge. along with my personality, command of the English language. If I could just make it to the interview stage they would see that I "get it". Just have to get over the "other drivers have better credentials on paper" hurdle.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

If I hadn't of screwed up, I had a job with Wal-Mart in 2012. I screwed up on my app and didn't list a ticket I did beat, but was still being listed on my record(LONG STORY).

I was was 34 with only 12 years driving experience. And 6 months ago I was called for another interview at a different DC. I ended up turning that interview down because I wanted to see what was going to happen with my current employer (ABF).

I do plan on re-applying though.

Don't feel disencouraged.

3. 360baby

360baby New Member

Damn that's rough. To be that close and get denied.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Ya, but it was a blessing in disguise. Some things happened in my personal life that I needed to home for.

But I'm ready now. And I'm very confident I'll get another chance.

5. 360baby

360baby New Member

Well you have the right attitude. I'm gonna wish you the best of luck. They wanted you before, they'll want you again.

6. Richard Herbert

Richard Herbert Member

Walmart is having a hard time finding drivers that meet their standards..16 years more than qualifies...If you put your app in, I will bet you money, you will get an interview within a few months...

7. 360baby

360baby New Member

Well I appreciate your confidence. I feel better today about it. Maybe my diligence will pay off. I have a feeling it will be worth it.

8. Extreme4x4

Extreme4x4 Member

Your time looks fine to me.

The thing is, don't get discouraged. This is a process, and there is no way to rush it. If you don't get it this time, keep trying. A lot of drivers will be retiring within the next few years, so there are going to be more openings than usual.