Estes | A More Efficient Trailer

No more 24 k pup now it can be 26 and a swing door will be one more trip into the dispatch to get a seal and ups already has this body style or if you want to haul a lot of freight LOAD A DAM 53 !
I saw pic of this without Estes logo on it. Bring those up o the roads in the Northeast and you might not have it when you get to the terminal.

Loading more freight is a novel idea. Issue I see is Extraboard drivers sitting up to 10hrs or more past their 10hr break, at an end of line terminal, only to haul empties 150 miles to another end of line terminal and pick up a 5k set to haul them another 150 miles. Extraboard could move much more freight if would be utilized to go long distance and not short hop 90% of the time. Doesn’t matter how much more freight you can load on a pup, does no good if it is sitting on a yard and not being moved.

I worked the dock at GI around 2004 2005 time frame Didn’t they have some drop frame trailers. If I remember correctly we would get inbound trailers with bed bath and beyond skids broken down to fill in the drop down section. Home Depot pallets also broken down.

Years ago, an outfit out of Va, Novick Transfer, had trailers similar to this, drop frames, designed to haul large panes of glass, years before pups on the East coast, they were called (pot bellies)
I worked at smiths transfer we had a lot of trailers like this. You put the floor back in and haul regular freight. They were called possum belly trailers.

I worked at smiths transfer we had a lot of trailers like this. You put the floor back in and haul regular freight. They were called possum belly trailers.

ya the overall concept has been around for a while, but the battery powered elevators is a new concept.

I pull plenty of heavy pups. This system is already heavier and then adding more freight too... seems like a waste.

I don’t suppose Ol Mike has ever worked the dock, or done anything remotely related to every day operations. Our usual operations are a dumpster fire as it is, this is just adding fuel to the fire. There are many more important things to work on that would do us all a lot of good rather than fooling with nonsense like this.

No more 24 k pup now it can be 26 and a swing door will be one more trip into the dispatch to get a seal and ups already has this body style or if you want to haul a lot of freight LOAD A DAM 53 !
That's screwed up too, They will plan a van on a schedule with a single axle . They should not even buy single axle tractors here.

I don’t suppose Ol Mike has ever worked the dock, or done anything remotely related to every day operations. Our usual operations are a dumpster fire as it is, this is just adding fuel to the fire. There are many more important things to work on that would do us all a lot of good rather than fooling with nonsense like this.
Well said!!

That's screwed up too, They will plan a van on a schedule with a single axle . They should not even buy single axle tractors here.
I don't mind if they plan me on a van. It's when that van is 26k+ and they look at you like you're crazy when you refuse it or scale it and bring it back. Some of the ::shit:: this company thinks up is just plain dumb.

Years ago, an outfit out of Va, Novick Transfer, had trailers similar to this, drop frames, designed to haul large panes of glass, years before pups on the East coast, they were called (pot bellies)
Hey, let's not talk about (pot bellies)! Did the drivers eat at an All You Can Eat buffet on their lunch hour?

I don't mind if they plan me on a van. It's when that van is 26k+ and they look at you like you're crazy when you refuse it or scale it and bring it back. Some of the :::shit::: this company thinks up is just plain dumb.
Good example (or bad) schedule run designed on the bid single meets tandem this is set up for failure from the get go

Hey, let's not talk about (pot bellies)! Did the drivers eat at an All You Can Eat buffet on their lunch hour?

When I hit 255 lb, mama dared me to stop at the buffet, that was about 40 yrs ago, I'm now a slim, trim 205