A Sandwich Makes All the Difference

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi guys,
Today was Friday and I was very busy delivering liquor we had a lot of orders and a couple new customers starting out today. Well I had a couple of annoyances that happened mostly miss picks and some waiting, none of it was the end of the world and it all worked out in the end, but it was a tad annoying when it happened.

Well I got to one of my stops a pretty popular busy bar and grill and I was checking in there order to make sure it was alright and one of the cooks walked up to me and he said "My friend, would you like a Sandwich, I made one as an extra it was a mistake, would you like it." I said "Sure thanks."

He then boxed it up and I had a really nice sandwich for lunch and boy was it good. After my free sandwich the day got better and all my stops went easier and pretty smooth. The sandwich was the turning point.

I've heard some people who work at MBM say that they get fed now and then at some of the restaurants they go, to. Well you know if Longhorn Steakhouse or Red Lobster has some left overs or some freshly made mistakes I am more then happy to help them get rid of those mistakes ha-ha!

Thats a good story Mike, I got one, I was having a horrible morning and why I don't know, I guess it started off bad, I got to a stop that had stairs, instead of 60 cases they got 100, that set me off, of course when dealing with the customer/owner, I wasn't rude just quiet, smiled and moved on to the next wheeler full.

I love kids, I think they make the world go round, these 2 little girls peeked over the privacy fence that backed up to the restaurant and started in with the "hey mister, that sure is a big truck, whatcha doin", all that stuff, I just took a minute to calm down and answer their questions, then the went away and I continued, feeling better, and with my renewed attitude, my day was fantastic.

I was with another driver at the same stop and was telling about that experience, he lives in the area and said that house had been sitting empty for a year, wierd huh?

I got one also, a few weeks back I laid over in atl, when I got up I went to the dinner across the street for a steak diner. when tried to pay the bill somebody had all ready paid it an said thank you for what you do. nicest thing anybody has done for me. gave me a little hope for us.

There are a lot of customers that appreciate the little extras you do for them. I learned to treat each customer as they were the only stop on the truck. Never went hungry and never a lack of conversations. I can remember customers I delivered to 20 years ago and wonder sometimes if they remember me.