ABF | ABF Ballots Go Out August 6!

Thank you , Brother Freightmaster1.....My B.A. just called me a bit ago. We are the Joint Council #40 Supplement. He's dropping down to our terminal tomorrow with the notice of re-vote on our Supplements. He's called the IBT to find out what, if anything, has changed on our Supplements.....they give him no information. Last thing he got from the IBT after he requested a copy of the Tentative Agreement was 8 blank pages....When he called to tell them the pages were blank, they had no answer. So.....until we get our ballots, we have no clue on what we are voting on. Whether it'll be one of those "Vote until you get it right" deals,...we'll have to see. Three of the four Stewards in the JC #40 Supplement are keeping in close contact with each other....we're reaching out to you, Erie terminal......contact us through the UE system. JC#40 is Altoona, Greensburg, Pittsburgh, and Erie.

Thank you , Brother Freightmaster1.....My B.A. just called me a bit ago. We are the Joint Council #40 Supplement. He's dropping down to our terminal tomorrow with the notice of re-vote on our Supplements. He's called the IBT to find out what, if anything, has changed on our Supplements.....they give him no information. Last thing he got from the IBT after he requested a copy of the Tentative Agreement was 8 blank pages....When he called to tell them the pages were blank, they had no answer. So.....until we get our ballots, we have no clue on what we are voting on. Whether it'll be one of those "Vote until you get it right" deals,...we'll have to see. Three of the four Stewards in the JC #40 Supplement are keeping in close contact with each other....we're reaching out to you, Erie terminal......contact us through the UE system. JC#40 is Altoona, Greensburg, Pittsburgh, and Erie.
This whole quagmire is downright sickening. What are they doing down there in D.C.?

Only if you consider the thousands and thousands of people who work in food service and are already supporting this strike to be intelligent and reasonable humans struggling to find good-paying work from some of the richest companies in the world....to be worthy of a reasonable paycheck. Average age of a McDonalds worker is 28...... McDonalds,..and their subsidiary, Yum Brands,...posted a profit of 5.5 billion. If the billionaire overlords are changing the economy of this nation from an industrial economy, to a service economy, then they better start paying industrial-sized wages,....because they are still charging industrial-sized prices for the crap they bring over here to sell from China. Of course....if you consider those people to be some sort of low-class, semi-intelligent, human slugs.....then don't support them. Free country......

Last edited by a moderator:
Only if you consider the thousands and thousands of people who work in food service and are already supporting this strike to be intelligent and reasonable humans struggling to find good-paying work from some of the richest companies in the world....to be worthy of a reasonable paycheck. Average wage of a McDonalds worker is 28...... McDonalds,..and their subsidiary, Yum Brands,...posted a profit of 5.5 billion. If the billionaire overlords are changing the economy of this nation from an industrial economy, to a service economy, then they better start paying industrial-sized wages,....because they are still charging industrial-sized prices for the crap they bring over here to sell from China. Of course....if you consider those people to be some sort of low-class, semi-intelligent, human slugs.....then don't support them. Free country......
Wage number wrong, or do you mean age? Or should I go fetch a McD's job for $28 cause truckin' sucks anymore.

Wage number wrong, or do you mean age? Or should I go fetch a McD's job for $28 cause truckin' sucks anymore.

Sorry, Brother ABFer,....I've only had 4 cups of coffee this morning,...haven't reached my quota yet to fully wake up........Yes!...Yes!...I meant AGE.of workers,...not WAGE....I've edited it.........Hell, I'll go on strike myself, if they're going to get $28 buck an hour. I'd think I'd look spiffy in an acrylic blue uniform and a paper hat. $28 an hour would sure go a long way to soothe any indignity of wardrobe my employer would force me to wear.........

Only if you consider the thousands and thousands of people who work in food service and are already supporting this strike to be intelligent and reasonable humans struggling to find good-paying work from some of the richest companies in the world....to be worthy of a reasonable paycheck. Average wage of a McDonalds worker is 28...... McDonalds,..and their subsidiary, Yum Brands,...posted a profit of 5.5 billion. If the billionaire overlords are changing the economy of this nation from an industrial economy, to a service economy, then they better start paying industrial-sized wages,....because they are still charging industrial-sized prices for the crap they bring over here to sell from China. Of course....if you consider those people to be some sort of low-class, semi-intelligent, human slugs.....then don't support them. Free country......

No, I don't see minimum wage is suppose to be a living wage.

Raising minimum wage will only cost the cost of goods to go up, and cost jobs.
If the cost of goods up, then you and I lose buying power, effectively giving us yet another paycut.
Raise minimum wage to $15(basically doubling it), will only double the cost if goods. For example Milk will go from $3.20 to $6.40.
The McDonald's menu will double in price, the $0.99 menu will go bye bye. So everything doubles in price, what is gained? Are you and I who worked hard to get a high wage job going to get a raise too? Doubtful.

Now Yum Yum Inc nor any other business aren't the ones changing our economy from a " industrial economy, to a service economy". Political policy is( Denying the construction of the Keystone Pipeline is a big example ).
Yum Yum Inc and other similar business are only adapting to the market demands.

And why would you make such a statement as this...."Of course....if you consider those people to be some sort of low-class, semi-intelligent, human slugs"?
Did I say, or even imply such a thing? No, all I said was the strike was silly.
I don't think those making minimum wage are low class slugs. If they want to make more, get educated in something, get trained in some new skills. And most on minimum wage are very capable of that. Its those who support this silly strike who are the ones that actually think these people on minimum wage are low class slugs, because you don't believe they are capable of making more on their own without a government bailout. And doubling the minimum wage is a form of bailout.

You bring up the billions in profits, but do you forget each McDonald's for example is actually a small business? Go ask each Franchise owner what their profit margins are. Go ask them what the effect on their business would be if the minimum wage were to be doubled.

And finally you ended your post with the two words ( Free Country ). Well Canary in a free country, government doesn't tell business how much they must pay anyone.

The minimum wage needs to abolished, not doubled.

If the cost of goods up, then you and I lose buying power, effectively giving us yet another paycut.
Raise minimum wage to $15(basically doubling it), will only double the cost if goods. For example Milk will go from $3.20 to $6.40.
The McDonald's menu will double in price, the $0.99 menu will go bye bye. So everything doubles in price, what is gained? Are you and I who worked hard to get a high wage job going to get a raise too? Doubtful.

Now Yum Yum Inc nor any other business aren't the ones changing our economy from a " industrial economy, to a service economy". Political policy is( Denying the construction of the Keystone Pipeline is a big example ).

And why would you make such a statement as this...."Of course....if you consider those people to be some sort of low-class, semi-intelligent, human slugs"?
I don't think those making minimum wage are low class slugs. If they want to make more, get educated in something, get trained in some new skills. And most on minimum wage are very capable of that. Its those who support this silly strike who are the ones that actually think these people on minimum wage are low class slugs, because you don't believe they are capable of making more on their own without a government bailout. And doubling the minimum wage is a form of bailout.

You bring up the billions in profits, but do you forget each McDonald's for example is actually a small business? Go ask each Franchise owner what their profit margins are. Go ask them what the effect on their business would be if the minimum wage were to be doubled.

And finally you ended your post with the two words ( Free Country ). Well Canary in a free country, government doesn't tell business how much they must pay anyone.

Stonehead got his and screw everyone else.

Well...that's not a bad opinion for an answer. Of course I disagree,...but let's let this argument proceed and see what the other opinions are.