ABF | ABF Contract Update (really?) 3.28.18

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
USP8dE5.jpg

I just wonder when the "tentative" agreement was reached. Probably long ago, they just wanted us to think they carried the "negotiations" until the last possible moment.
Opinions, please? I am sure that Turncoat has a spin on this...

I just wonder when the "tentative" agreement was reached. Probably long ago, they just wanted us to think they carried the "negotiations" until the last possible moment.

That's a good question 6PakAbs because IMO... the whole negotiation timeline doesn't make sense at all...

Just why in the hell does the negotiating process begin so late with ABF anyway? Just why... especially knowing what assholes the ABF negotiators were being in the 2013 negotiations and not being able to come up with a tentative agreement until May... did the IBT enter the negotiations 3 weeks later than in 2013? And just why are they allowing ABF to dick around by letting them get away with delaying the process of not being able to even to have a chance of a tentative agreement being ratified by March 31st... just like in 2013? IMO... this whole negotiation process that they have going on with ABF from the get-go is nothing but a dog and pony show and very intentional in order to get a less than desirable contract approved the first time around... just like it was in 2013!!!

And this is the reasoning behind my opinion... here's the timeline for the 2003 NMFA negotiations...

October 8, 2002 - Negotiations for the 2003 NMFA begin
February 6, 2003 - Tentative agreement reached for 2003 NMFA
March 28, 2003 - Members ratified 2003 NMFA

The 2008 NMFA negotiations timeline...

October 4, 2007 - Negotiations with YRC begin on 2008 NMFA
December 13, 2007 - Tentative agreement with YRC reached on 2008 NMFA
January 8, 2008 - Representatives from local unions approve tentative agreement
January 14, 2008 - Ballots mailed
January 30, 2008 - ABF management has signed a „me-too” to be bound by the National Master Freight Agreement (NMFA).
February 8, 2008 - Vote tally

The 2013 ABF NMFA negotiations timeline...

December 18, 2012 - ABF and the Teamsters exchange proposals and negotiations begin on 2013 ABF NMFA
March 1, 2013 - Talks going 'in the right direction'
May 3, 2013 - Tentative agreement reached on 2013 ABF NMFA
May 20, 2013 - Representatives from local unions approve tentative agreement
June 3, 2013 - Ballots mailed
June 27, 2013 - Vote tally

Now... after knowing how unreasonable ABF was being last go round and what they had to settle with... here's the 2018 ABF NMFA timeline...

December 18, 2017 - ABF and the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee only exchange initial proposals.
January 7, 2018 - Negotiations begin
February 16, 2018 - Make progress
March 2, 2018 - Continued progress

Now... let's take a look at the IBT's very own timeline on the negotiations...

As you can see... even if there would of been a tentative agreement reached on March 2nd and seeing that at the very least... 6 weeks would be needed from the time a tentative agreement has been reached... getting the approval of the leaders... mailing the ballots and the allotment of time needed for the return of the ballots to be approved or denied wouldn't take place until mid April... around a couple of weeks after the contract experation date.

And let's not forget about the UPS negotiations... the legit negotiations... the negotiations that start around the same time as the ABF negotiations but whose contract doesn't expire until 4 months after ABF's contract.

Like I said... IMO... the ABF negotiations are still nothing but a dog and pony show... intentionally designed to give the members a one shot deal of getting the contract approved... just like in 2013.

I... for one... have had enough of the ABF Teamsters being thrown under the bus and treated as second class members the whole way around... including not even given the opportunity of having just ABF Teamsters on their negotiating team!!!

And again... IMO... don't let that unofficial strike authorization vote fool you either because the IBT would avoid at strike at all costs... just like in 2013!!! There's a big difference in using a strike as a fear tactic against the members and actually planning on one. Oh... the good old days... when the strike threat was actually used against the company and the slogan 'no contract -no work' actually meant something!!!

That's a good question 6PakAbs because IMO... the whole negotiation timeline doesn't make sense at all...

Just why in the hell does the negotiating process begin so late with ABF anyway? Just why... especially knowing what assholes the ABF negotiators were being in the 2013 negotiations and not being able to come up with a tentative agreement until May... did the IBT enter the negotiations 3 weeks later than in 2013? And just why are they allowing ABF to dick around by letting them get away with delaying the process of not being able to even to have a chance of a tentative agreement being ratified by March 31st... just like in 2013? IMO... this whole negotiation process that they have going on with ABF from the get-go is nothing but a dog and pony show and very intentional in order to get a less than desirable contract approved the first time around... just like it was in 2013!!!

And this is the reasoning behind my opinion... here's the timeline for the 2003 NMFA negotiations...

October 8, 2002 - Negotiations for the 2003 NMFA begin
February 6, 2003 - Tentative agreement reached for 2003 NMFA
March 28, 2003 - Members ratified 2003 NMFA

The 2008 NMFA negotiations timeline...

October 4, 2007 - Negotiations with YRC begin on 2008 NMFA
December 13, 2007 - Tentative agreement with YRC reached on 2008 NMFA
January 8, 2008 - Representatives from local unions approve tentative agreement
January 14, 2008 - Ballots mailed
January 30, 2008 - ABF management has signed a „me-too” to be bound by the National Master Freight Agreement (NMFA).
February 8, 2008 - Vote tally

The 2013 ABF NMFA negotiations timeline...

December 18, 2012 - ABF and the Teamsters exchange proposals and negotiations begin on 2013 ABF NMFA
March 1, 2013 - Talks going 'in the right direction'
May 3, 2013 - Tentative agreement reached on 2013 ABF NMFA
May 20, 2013 - Representatives from local unions approve tentative agreement
June 3, 2013 - Ballots mailed
June 27, 2013 - Vote tally

Now... after knowing how unreasonable ABF was being last go round and what they had to settle with... here's the 2018 ABF NMFA timeline...

December 18, 2017 - ABF and the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee only exchange initial proposals.
January 7, 2018 - Negotiations begin
February 16, 2018 - Make progress
March 2, 2018 - Continued progress

Now... let's take a look at the IBT's very own timeline on the negotiations...
P.S. We had about 5 guys call in sick today...the old "blue flu"..will be interesting to see how this is handled!

what? Only a like from Turncoat ...that's all ???...I guess Muler and the Gang put him in his place ? ! ? ! Nobody gives a crap about his rhetoric...I wonder if he would Turncoat on Aye Bee Ffuh and go back to YRC or UPS Freight? Although I doubt if YRC would have him back, but you know with the driver shortage, I am sure that he can get on with UPS Freight...

what? Only a like from Turncoat ...that's all ???...I guess Muler and the Gang put him in his place ? ! ? ! Nobody gives a crap about his rhetoric...I wonder if he would Turncoat on Aye Bee Ffuh and go back to YRC or UPS Freight? Although I doubt if YRC would have him back, but you know with the driver shortage, I am sure that he can get on with UPS Freight...
He appears to be reduced to cheer leading because all I see him doing is giving likes to TROLLS! I think he finally found his true calling,